Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread Reply with quote

Never to early to start one of these. Who is catching your eye, where should we go, who could be available. Small School guys who are flying under the radar, mid round prospects that can complete a roster.

Go, Go, Go, Go, Goooooooo.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake.Matthews.

Love this kid's game. IF we start to become the running team I believe we should be, he has to be on our board, no questions asked.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll kick us off with a guy who I think would be a great addition to our defense in the middle rounds, think maybe late 2nd through late 3rd rounds.

Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford

Kid reminds me of Sam Acho, very smart, not particularily explosive or quick off the snap, no real physically dominating traits, but he is very technically sound and has a really good all round game.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two positions we could/should target that most won't think about are TE and CB.

Todd Heap, who will turn 33 in March, will be an UFA this offseason and Jeff King and Jim Dray will both we UFAs in 2014. As for CB, with how much 2-4-5 we're playing it's almost got to be a serious consideration. Greg Toler and Mike Adams will both be UFAs this offseason, Williams Gay will be an UFA in 2014.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With our OL problems you have to look at BAMA's OL. DJ Fluker, Barrett Jones, and Chance Warmack. I'd love to have all of those guys and they'll probably all be gone within the first 50-60 picks.

DJ Fluker/RT-RG
6'6" 335lbs

He would make a great RT or RG in our scheme. Good enough feet to stay on the outside and an absolute mauler in the run game. Kind of reminds me of Kelechi Osemele from last year's draft but better and with more experience against high-level competition.

Barrett Jones/OL
6'4" 305lbs

Jones is super versatile having played LT, RG, and C. In the NFL he could play anywhere except LT and do it well. I'd love him on our team because he'd be an upgrade from Colledge, Snyder, Massie, and Sendlein to a lesser degree. He plays with great technique and does pretty much everything well. He's not dominant at the point of attack but he'd be one of the better pass blocking guards in the NFL. He reminds me of Max Unger from Seattle.

Chance Warmack/OG
6'3" 320lbs

Warmack is strictly a Guard prospect because of his size but he's a good one. He plays LG at BAMA but he could play RG too. He unlike Jones can be very dominant at the point of attack. He gets a good push in the run game and his smaller size allows him to get better leverage. He's the lesser known of the 3 but he's very polished and could start right away. He reminds me of Ben Grubbs.

As it stands now, all my mock drafts always have us taking an OL in rounds 1 and 2. I dream of getting a guy like Lewan, Joeckel, Matthews, or Fluker in the 1st and Warmack in the 2nd.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guys I like that I have watched this year.

Jamar Taylor CB Boise State. 5-11 196 with a reported 4.34 40 a Boise senior day. I think it more close to 4.44 or a little lower.

Michael Mauti ILB Penn State. Is Walker the guy to replace Lenon I don't know but if Arizona is to go for another ILB I like Mauti remind me of Sean Lee.

I want OL i just don't see them going heavy on OL and I don't see them taking one in the first round.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
DJ Fluker/RT-RG
6'6" 335lbs

He would make a great RT or RG in our scheme. Good enough feet to stay on the outside and an absolute mauler in the run game. Kind of reminds me of Kelechi Osemele from last year's draft but better and with more experience against high-level competition.

If you're gonna take a guard, just take Warmack.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Todd Heap, who will turn 33 in March, will be an UFA this offseason and Jeff King and Jim Dray will both we UFAs in 2014. As for CB, with how much 2-4-5 we're playing it's almost got to be a serious consideration. Greg Toler and Mike Adams will both be UFAs this offseason, Williams Gay will be an UFA in 2014.

I'd add SS to that list as well. Maybe snag a guy in the 3rd or 4th round to groom behind A-Dub. Johnson and Sanders aren't long term starting options IMO and Bethel is either gonna be a CB or a FS. Although Kerry Rhodes is younger and played well in Wilson's place against the Eagles so that would be interesting.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson and Sanders are both UFAs this offseason too.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Not so much with you on CB, I don't think I would be adverse to selecting a player in that position, but if we were worried about depth there at all we would not have traded Jefferson. I think with the top four/five we have no worries immediately, and I have no doubt that Mike Adams will get few calls around the league and unless Toler really impresses we are probably his best option too.

I think safety is most definiately a place we need to look. Sanders and Johnson did well in covering for Wilson when he missed a game, but they are both UFA's after the season and Wilson is not going to be here forever. Rhodes has an option to void next year on his deal (I beleive it is a player option), essentially of our top 4 safeties this season we could be left with one of them under contract at the end on this season.

I doubt we want to draft a safety and put him in their straight away given how valuable safeties are and I would like to think we would really push hard to keep Kerry around, but I would love to see us go after a safety in the draft, possibly early, but to get ther kid of safety I want we would not need to go that high.

Intelligence is the #1 key. Being able to play within the scheme, prevent the big plays and make the plays that are available to you, don't press. I have seen a couple of times over the past two weeks that Rhodes has been pressing to make a play and it has left him out of position.

Unfortunately it is tough to find that kind of a safety without the access that a real scout has. But I would love to see a guy like Robert Lester here.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Not so much with you on CB, I don't think I would be adverse to selecting a player in that position, but if we were worried about depth there at all we would not have traded Jefferson.

I disagree strongly and here's why: Ray Horton

Horton had a problem with AJ. That, IMHO, is 99.9999% of the reason why he's not here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what the word on Robert Lester. I seen him in a few games and he has looked go to me but I have not seen a whole lot of him. Got to think safety is going to be looked at this year.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
DJ Fluker/RT-RG
6'6" 335lbs

I'm not entirely sure about that. Fluker is good and has the potential to be great. If I was solely looking for a RG, I couldn't just rule out Fluker and take Warmack. We've all said that Levi Brown would have made a great OG well Fluker is that type of player too.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
DJ Fluker/RT-RG
6'6" 335lbs

I'm not entirely sure about that. Fluker is good and has the potential to be great. If I was solely looking for a RG, I couldn't just rule out Fluker and take Warmack. We've all said that Levi Brown would have made a great OG well Fluker is that type of player too.

Bolded: I could.

Warmack might be the best OG I've seen at the college level. Better than DDC and I loved DDC.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
DJ Fluker/RT-RG
6'6" 335lbs

Bolded: I could.

Warmack might be the best OG I've seen at the college level. Better than DDC and I loved DDC.

Well with a statement like that I'll just have to go have another look at him . And I was thinking we could get him in the 2nd Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: