Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want Munchak & Staff Gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Munchak, Gray, and Palmer. Hire Jon Gruden, a random SEC college defensive coordinator, and a free agent offensive coordinator.

Do NOT start Hasslesuck anymore than he has to be. He should be 3rd string at best.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to Gruden

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bud is still alive in January, Munch is not going anywhere. The worse case scenario is that Munch will fire Gray & Palmer. They will promote Loggains to OC and probably go outside for a new DC. Munch will be on notice next year since he has a 4 year deal. Bud loves to hoard money and with $20 million is cap space this year, you think he will actually open his pockets for a Gruden or Cowher? I honestly think he sabatoged the front office with that fivehead recruiting escapade in the opening hours of free agency this spring just to hoard that cap space. If the front office could have proceded like they planned, I think this team might be in a better spot right now. I agree with the other posters who state this s#$^ starts at the top. I want new ownership, someone with a connection to Tennessee at least. SMH at this season.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
prozac77

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go for Rob Ryan.

I haven't watched many of their games and it's only 5 weeks into the season and things will change but the Cowboys defense is ranked:

#1 in Pass Defense
#15 in Run Defense
#4 in Total Yards Allowed
#13 in Points Allowed
They have only 9 sacks but they've played 4 games to everyone else's 5.
Still more than the Titans Crying or Very sad

He could get this defense going I'm sure. You look at the defensive side of the roster, you can see the talent is there. McCarthy, Casey, Verner, Ayers, Martin, McCourty, Morgan, Wimbley, and Brown. Brown has the athletic ability guys like Ryan dream about.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaches contracts are guaranteed. The Titans will do just enough to afford Bud the opportunity not to buy out any contracts. I think all the main coaches are under 3 year contracts, and I expect to see them coach those out.

Again, it seems unfair, but it really falls on Locker's shoulders (pun intended... maybe). He is the key... he can make the offense go... which would also help the D look better/fresher. If/when Locker and the offense can finally get clicking and gain some momentum, the D will feed off it. I think they'll do enough to avoid a top 5 pick... which is what I think would be the requirement to blow the coaching staff up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone knows I think this staff should be fired and we start over from real scratch, but it won't happen, and it'll keep our franchise behind.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
VY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty darn clear we need a fresh start. I'm all for canning Gray and Palmer now to give someone else a shot to salvage the season. I'm actually up for firing Palmer twice. Terrible hire. He has a long, bloody list of offenses he's killed.

No idea who to bring in, but whether it's a young up and comer, Gruden, whoever... someone with a bit of bite. I think Reinfeldt needs to go, his toothless approach has permeated the culture of this franchise, even if he isn't the GM anymore.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowher as HC and Rex as DC Laughing

So much personality. I'm sure they'd get into it alot.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll fire Munch next year and hire Bruce as HC, Jim Fassel for OC, and make Tracy Rocker DC.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

THAT would be so incredibly wicked! Just tell me who would be the OC at this point.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

THAT would be so incredibly wicked! Just tell me who would be the OC at this point.

That would-be Defense laughs at your question... who needs stinkin' offense with that defensive brain power...

But... oh... if we're on that path... let's just go get Mooch to run the Offense.

Realistically, I don't know how, but I'd like to get Phillips to run the D while having absolutely zero input on the O... unfortunately, I know he wouldn't leave on a lateral move (nor would the Texans in their rightful mind allow us to even sniff around him for that)... he'd need the HC title... which I'd be terrified of giving him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rob Ryan but I think those stats are inflated just because they spent SO much money on the secondary this offseason and already have demarcus,sean lee, etc. So I think a lot of that has to do with personell.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so I'm on the same page as y'all... our rookie head coach, without an offseason, led us to 9-7 and a near miss at the playoffs last year. This is now the first year for our new franchise starting QB. He's started four games in his career, right? We were beaten by two division leaders to open the season, then won a thrilling OT game where everything that could possibly go wrong, did in the final 20 seconds of regulation. Our franchise QB then got hurt and we were beaten by two more division leaders, teams that are a combined 9-1. After that, it's time to blow up the coaching staff and start over?

Obviously bringing in a whole new coaching staff would fix all our problems. If not, we'll give 'em five games to prove their worth and then can them all and start over again.

Am I doing it right?

Congrats, Seahawk fans!
Flylow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Just so I'm on the same page as y'all... our rookie head coach, without an offseason, led us to 9-7 and a near miss at the playoffs last year. This is now the first year for our new franchise starting QB. He's started four games in his career, right? We were beaten by two division leaders to open the season, then won a thrilling OT game where everything that could possibly go wrong, did in the final 20 seconds of regulation. Our franchise QB then got hurt and we were beaten by two more division leaders, teams that are a combined 9-1. After that, it's time to blow up the coaching staff and start over?

Obviously bringing in a whole new coaching staff would fix all our problems. If not, we'll give 'em five games to prove their worth and then can them all and start over again.

Am I doing it right?

I see your point, but the team's problems that were their last season (like the run game and lack of pass rush) are still here this season. The entire coaching staff is at fault, imo. If you look at the 2 coordinators, alone, Gray's schemes have us with a bottom 5 Defense in the league. While Palmer's offense can't put together a drive to save itself. The only time we were able to put up points was the Detroit game, but even then the scoring plays were due to Locker's arm and 60+ yard plays. Not long drives to keep our defense fresh. Munchak may not deserve to be fired, but he is the HC and the HC should control his staff and be responsible for its actions.

Honestly, do we want another Jeff Fisher (and yes, I"m a huge Fisher fan)? Since if you want to be honest his time was up in Nashville 3-5 years before he was actual fired.

IMO, let Palmer and Gray go and bring in an aggressive 3-4/4-3 guy for the Defense. Along with someone that can change our blocking scheme and improve the run game.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
I see your point, but the team's problems that were their last season (like the run game and lack of pass rush) are still here this season. The entire coaching staff is at fault, imo. If you look at the 2 coordinators, alone, Gray's schemes have us with a bottom 5 Defense in the league. While Palmer's offense can't put together a drive to save itself. The only time we were able to put up points was the Detroit game, but even then the scoring plays were due to Locker's arm and 60+ yard plays. Not long drives to keep our defense fresh. Munchak may not deserve to be fired, but he is the HC and the HC should control his staff and be responsible for its actions.

Honestly, do we want another Jeff Fisher (and yes, I"m a huge Fisher fan)? Since if you want to be honest his time was up in Nashville 3-5 years before he was actual fired.

IMO, let Palmer and Gray go and bring in an aggressive 3-4/4-3 guy for the Defense. Along with someone that can change our blocking scheme and improve the run game.

I just think it's too early to start calling for heads. Obviously I'm not happy with how this team looks so far. Last week was pathetic. But we need to give them the rest of this year at the very least. It just strikes me as humorous that people have a tolerance level of losing about 3 games before deciding it's time to fire everyone, yet they think the top available coaching talent would be just itching to run to an organization with such a quick hook.

Congrats, Seahawk fans!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: