Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want Munchak & Staff Gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it would be a different if we were loosing but not making the same mistakes week after week & playing soft with no desire or passion. Munch sucks he's a chip off the fisher block. I want a No None sense coach discipline & most of all a winner.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Just so I'm on the same page as y'all... our rookie head coach, without an offseason, led us to 9-7 and a near miss at the playoffs last year. This is now the first year for our new franchise starting QB. He's started four games in his career, right? We were beaten by two division leaders to open the season, then won a thrilling OT game where everything that could possibly go wrong, did in the final 20 seconds of regulation. Our franchise QB then got hurt and we were beaten by two more division leaders, teams that are a combined 9-1. After that, it's time to blow up the coaching staff and start over?

Obviously bringing in a whole new coaching staff would fix all our problems. If not, we'll give 'em five games to prove their worth and then can them all and start over again.

Am I doing it right?

Statements like this are made by looking at stats and numbers, not by actual on-field performance.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want us to keep all the coaches the rest of the year so we can continue to suck badly and get high draft picks (or is it low) and get better. We cant continue to stay mediocore and think we will get much better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Just so I'm on the same page as y'all... our rookie head coach, without an offseason, led us to 9-7 and a near miss at the playoffs last year.

That was about the softest 9-7 you could ask for... remember week 17? Houston literally handed us that W going for 2 at the end. There were other close weeks as well that could have easily pushed us the other way.

I think the discontent is more in the decision-making processes as well as the overall disposition of the staff. Everything just seems so passive (aside from Jerry Gray's moronic comments from time to time). Do we really know that we can call Jake Locker a franchise QB? Hopefully he is, and I hope he gets to finish the season so we can see what he's got. But with the new salary cap structure, there's no reason to call him a franchise guy until he proves it. Without $50M rookie deals for these top 10 in the draft QB's, I'd think turnover will speed up if a player's not producing. Either way, everything just seems stale right now.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
titanrick wrote:
Just so I'm on the same page as y'all... our rookie head coach, without an offseason, led us to 9-7 and a near miss at the playoffs last year.

That was about the softest 9-7 you could ask for... remember week 17? Houston literally handed us that W going for 2 at the end. There were other close weeks as well that could have easily pushed us the other way.

Really record should have been better.
Should have beat the Jags(1st time), Bengals, Saints and Colts.

But either way....games in NFL are close most times than not...
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
titanrick wrote:
Just so I'm on the same page as y'all... our rookie head coach, without an offseason, led us to 9-7 and a near miss at the playoffs last year. This is now the first year for our new franchise starting QB. He's started four games in his career, right? We were beaten by two division leaders to open the season, then won a thrilling OT game where everything that could possibly go wrong, did in the final 20 seconds of regulation. Our franchise QB then got hurt and we were beaten by two more division leaders, teams that are a combined 9-1. After that, it's time to blow up the coaching staff and start over?

Obviously bringing in a whole new coaching staff would fix all our problems. If not, we'll give 'em five games to prove their worth and then can them all and start over again.

Am I doing it right?

Statements like this are made by looking at stats and numbers, not by actual on-field performance.

No, not really. I'm not anyway. I'm trying to objectively state that it is insanely early and an emotional knee-jerk overreaction to reboot the entire coaching staff at this moment. The time may come. But it's not here yet.

Congrats, Seahawk fans!
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
titanrick wrote:

Am I doing it right?

No, not really. I'm not anyway. I'm trying to objectively state that it is insanely early and an emotional knee-jerk overreaction to reboot the entire coaching staff at this moment. The time may come. But it's not here yet.

Thought about starting a new thread, but I'll just respond here:

Week 1
21-3
13-10

Week 2
17-3
21-7

Week 3
9-20
32-21
0-3

Week 4
14-7
24-7

Week 5
13-0
17-7

Week 6
10-16
13-10

Put the opponent's score first, the Titans second

Those are the scores for the first half, and second half.

Obviously, we've been losing... but in every single game, including this past game we just finished, we've been outscored in the second half. We aren't even making an effort to get back into the game, and our week 3 win we still got outscored.

Understandably the players do mess up at times. But a consistent problem such as this is more of a reflection of the coaching (or lack there of). Hell, this game we benefited from dumb plays and Steeler mistakes to win the game, we didn't really go out there and impose our will.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Flylow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight's win brings the Titans some good news and some bad news.

The good news - WE BEAT THE STEELERS!!!!

The bad news - This win just saved the job of Chris Palmer and Jim Gray's.*

I guess some more good news is that Locker should be ready to play in week 7, since we get a million days off till then.

*Bud was at the game and is probably thrilled about the win, so no way he fires anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't see Jerry Gray keeping his job.

I haven't been as hard on Palmer as some of you guys have. It is troubling that Cook isn't getting the ball as much as he should, but I think that's partly due to Hass. I think Palmer does a solid job outside of a few little things.

Munchak and Palmer I'm still not sold on, but I'd be open to keeping them. I'm just about done with Gray.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

I haven't been as hard on Palmer as some of you guys have. It is troubling that Cook isn't getting the ball as much as he should, but I think that's partly due to Hass. I think Palmer does a solid job outside of a few little things.

Munchak and Palmer I'm still not sold on, but I'd be open to keeping them. I'm just about done with Gray.

I agree. It's the same crap we fired Cecil for doing.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Titans_31

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Grays also playing with 1/3rd the talent that Palmer is. He should getfired unless the defense makes a serious turn around for the remainder of the season. We still need a pass rush treat 2 safety's and some more help inside outside of this week we have looked really weak inside and have had little to none passrush. And with a top 10 pick this year we should be able to find a solid DE or DT and find a OG Pray
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munchak had a little more fire this game and that was good to see, I still think Gray HAS to go but also we HAVE to tackle better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice how much better the run defense looked with brown and mccarthy in? All of are linebackers did a great job of attacking the line of scrimmage. Now if only we could tackle somebody and cover a TE we would have a pretty solid defense
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Grays also playing with 1/3rd the talent that Palmer is. He should getfired unless the defense makes a serious turn around for the remainder of the season. We still need a pass rush treat 2 safety's and some more help inside outside of this week we have looked really weak inside and have had little to none passrush. And with a top 10 pick this year we should be able to find a solid DE or DT and find a OG Pray

I disagree. Regardless, the best coaches adjust their scheme to the talent instead of waiting to get their guys in. We think our secondary is below average but maybe they (especially the CBs) aren't that bad it's just the scheme isn't helping mask their deficiencies. Same with the other positions. My problem with Gray is he's playing a soft cover 2 shell 95% of the time instead of trying to actually stop someone.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Titans_31

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been playing soft cover two since Greg William left. I did like what i saw from the little 3-4 we did play i didn't see who was all on the defense line or where wimbley lined up but we got alot of push with only 3 guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: