Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The "We Need a Bye Week" PostGame Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

You mean the play where his momentum carried him out?

No, he wasn't carried out of bounds by momentum.....Even the announcer said he should've went up field some, before ducking out.....I'm sure Cobb was concerned about stopping the clock, and didn't think about doing such....

The announcer said "too bad he couldn't keep his balance because he had a lot of daylight in front of him"
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he want out on his own, it didn't hurt us and I don't look to Randall Cobb to lead the team in crunch time down 3, I'm looking to Rodgers. That poor management of the playclock was rookie level crap, you need to get that play off. I know Aaron can do it, but he is not right this season, something is up, don't think it's mechanical, but mental, which can be the hardest part to fix.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers are doomed this season. Refs hate the Packers. I honestly think the NFL rigs these games, how do you play solid the 1st half a nd come out after halftime and forget how to play? I don't get it, losing interest in watching these games.
Packerfanatic50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan50 wrote:
Packers are doomed this season. Refs hate the Packers. I honestly think the NFL rigs these games, how do you play solid the 1st half a nd come out after halftime and forget how to play? I don't get it, losing interest in watching these games.

This is such a stupid comment

Props to Swift
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan50 wrote:
losing interest in watching these games.

Sig brought to you by Justo
packerfan50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfanatic50 wrote:
packerfan50 wrote:

Oh, but it's true.
Packerfanatic50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan50 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
packerfan50 wrote:

Oh, but it's true.

You gotta have faith in your team. I agree with you that no calls have gone the packers way but they eventually have to. You gotta have faith. The season is still relatively young my friend.

Props to Swift
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan50 wrote:

We're what five games into the season and you're ready to give up? I guess we should have given up in 2010 as well? The Colts simply worked harder in that second half. Plain and simple. The Packers took their foot off the gas and it cost them.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else surprised t the lack of Crosby talk? I mean it's not like he missed it by inches. That was a shank if i ever have seen one. Shanks like that are inexcusable IMO. Crosby is the anti clutch kicker. Sad because he has all the tools except the brain to be an elite K.

Kempes on the custom sig!
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14795537#14795537

According to my SOS x close games formula the Packers are the best team in the NFC, third in the NFL, and will beat the Texans this week Shocked

#FREEBARRINGTON
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rewatched the condensed game on rewind

Special Teams:

Masthay is a God.
Bush is still making his money on special teams. The dude forces fair catches and makes tackles.
Cobb is the most talented RET we have had in a long time but he needs to make better choices. I guess it's something you have to give up when you take a "ball in hands playmaker" but it frustrates me some times.
On paper neither of those two kicks by Crosby where bad. The first one he barley missed....the second one was ugly but there is no reason to put a game against the team who had the #1 pick last year and doesn't have their real coach on the leg of a kicker from 51 yards out when we went 15-1 last year. Just no reason.

Defense:

Not sure how much of an impact Raji out really is. Worthy didn't look that bad at the NT rotation outside of the short yardage stuff. Also you saw that encroachment by him? I told you guys it's going to happen a lot. That's his style. He's pretty much going to get a starters worth of snaps if Raji can't play.
I think McCarthy has a thing against full time starters being rookies. Not sure why he doesn't like it but there is something there IMO. Worthy has looked like one of our best three DL and that interception Hayward had was absolutely perfect coverage.
We need to take advantage of plays. Smith almost recovered a fumble and then we had a dropped interception the next play. After that they punted and we went three and out. Catch the ball. This goes for both sides of the field.
OLBs need to step up. It wasn't until desperation hit in the 4th where we decided we weren't going to let Luck pick apart the D that we decided to blitz more people. If you can't blitz then the zone is not going to work at all. Something there needs to change. The DB's job is to make the QB hold the ball, it's the pass rush that has to make him want to throw it. When those two interests conflict is when the defense wins. Not a lot of that the second half.
Perry looks so unnatural doing anything besides straight QB chasing. Looks awkward as hell.
Walden is so much better than last year. He's one of the best chase and tackle 3-4 OLBs right now and he just rushes better overall this year. The Colts came out attacking him in coverage though.
Situation: Perry doesn't look good in pass rush, Walden comes in and bullrushes for two plays, Perry comes back in and helps Neal get pressure for the sack. After that he did much better that game. Perry is a switch player. He needs to think less and just turn it on.
Woodson Sad almost making plays isn't good enough when he's racking up penalty yards.
What happened to DJ Smith? It's like him and Walden switch skills over the offseason.
Our DBs are too content with letting WRs get passes in front of them in zone and hitting them as soon as they catch it. Tramon is the worst about that. He did the same thing to Wayne before the TD. Wayne caught it, he him hit right as that happened, then Wayne was about to get second effort because Williams already shot out, ball crosses the line, game.
Anyone think we are just running zone because we are playing against mobile QBs? I'm hoping this is the case and we go back to man vs Houston.

Offense:
I've been giving our offensive line too much credit. Only been really disappointed with Saturday so far this year but everyone is really playing poorly. It's not Rodgers' fault totally that he's hanging onto the ball too long. It's just the OL isn't blocking enough. We are the team missing their old center the most this year.
Rodgers is taking what the defense gives him with his legs again. Always thought that when he did that we were better as a team.
We ran a screen!!! We need to run more inside slants though. We throw vertical too much to be passing this much. If we aren't running we should use the short, quick passes to keep the defense up at least. Something we aren't doing as much this year. It's part of the reason our WRs have no YAC.
Jones is what Nelson was last year. Nelson looked like he could catch everything last year and now his catch:target ratio has to be the lowest for the WRs. (Maybe Driver on a small sample size but still) You can tell why Rodgers was publicly wanting Jones back after the SB year. Seems to have more confidence in him than anyone else at this point.
We pass too much on third down and short. It was like 3rd and two inches in the redzone when we ran that empty sprint right play. I think McCarthy hates this teams RB corp because he didn't even give them the pound in play that Kuhn got for a TD. We had another 3rd and inches and passed it.....got a penalty....then it was 3rd and 5....still passed it. Okay it was a Cobb TD but still. 3rd and inches....We had a 3rd and 2 form the 28 and Rodgers forced a miscommunicated pass to Jones (where have we heard this before) that got picked and started the downpour.
I like Green. But you all already knew that.
I'm not sure if Williams or Crabtree would start if Finley is still out. Williams was the solo TE for a lot of the Finley out wide type stuff and even did that when Crabtree was in the game but Crabtree was in tight more often. Not sure what I think about that since Crabtree looked pretty poor in pass protection this week.

Hope we can catch the Texans in an off game during a short week and after a close battle where they lost a key player. Maybe they are in a bit of a rushed transition?

#FREEBARRINGTON
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Anyone think we are just running zone because we are playing against mobile QBs? I'm hoping this is the case and we go back to man vs Houston?

They've generally run somewhat close to a 50-50 split against everyone. I wouldn't expect to see too many games over a 60/40 split towards either zone or man.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mxr124

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry got FINED for that hit on Luck Shocked Rolling Eyes Question
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
packerfan50 wrote:
losing interest in watching these games.

QFT

PSN: ShiiNyIV
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
Perry got FINED for that hit on Luck Shocked Rolling Eyes Question

Oh my god.

This is an embarrassment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: