Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The "We Need a Bye Week" PostGame Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

I just don't understand what happened. SB champs, 15 wins the following year.. what is going on. It's sad.

there are millions of fans asking themselves the same question...

i would like to use injuries as an excuse but i cant since we have been reflectively healthy (minus Jennings thus far) & were still performing this poorly

couple that with less than impressive gameplans/coaching adjustment along with the inability to execute them...

questions need to be answered needless to say

Bishop looks like a big one. Wells might have been a big loss too in FA.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
MrBobGray wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
I'd be curious to hear what anyone who re-watches it has to say about DJ Smith.

From what I remember, I noticed him having a couple of really, really bad plays.

We could use some more speed at ILB.

This was what I thought. Going rewatch the game Thursday at some point, so I will say something about it then. But the entire second half I was complaining about Smith. Only time he looks quick is when blitzing. People say 34 D's don't require speed at ILB but it would've certainly helped yesterday with all of those outside runs.

I haven't rewatched the game at all, but this makes me think about a few things I saw in the 49ers game.

Rewatching parts of the 49ers game, I felt that Smith was very sluggish in his decision making. He always seemed to be tentative when he most needed to be decisive. I don't feel like he had this problem as much last year, but who knows, because I haven't watched those games in awhile. At any rate, Smith is playing on his heels, and it's hurting the defense pretty badly, because Hawk has played very well this season I feel. If Smith can't get it done though, who do we turn to? Yet another rookie? It's a problem, and kind of a big one.

Also, speed is not Smith's problem, he's plenty fast for a 3-4 ILB. He just needs to start going to the play and not let it come to him.

I think it is both what I bolded and speed in general. There are times where he is just beat in coverage and to the edge of the defense. But for what I bolded - I remember a specific run play(not sure what kind, but I think it was a stretch play to the right) where he just stopped after he got to the edge of the defense and Donald Brown just out ran him to the corner. If he kept going(and sealed the edge as he was supposed to) it would've been a TFL for a good 4 yards. ILB, more specifically Mike, has been the biggest hole in our defense this year.

That is the exact play that came to mind when I read what MBG wrote as well.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sign of how bad this is- my close friend, a die-hard Eagles fan who loves to beat up on the Pack, sent me a text today, consoling me. I was very insulted.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely disgusted with the way the team is playing, for a team with this kind of leadership we are playing extremely sloppy and lazy. I cannot believe when they show the back sides of routes on TV how pathetic our WRs run routes to the back side of a play. Jordy Nelson ran a few that would get players pulled at the high school level. Our WR's maybe don't run their mouth like Randy Moss, but when the play isn't going their way, they run crappy lazy routes like him.

Aaron has lost his edge, he's been no better than the 8th-15th best QB in the NFL this year. That timeout he wasted on the last drive is almost rookie like, still cannot believe he doesn't get a play off. A 7 yard out there gives Mason a 43 yard field goal, which from an approach standard is night and day for a kicker. That said he shows glimpses of the player he is in every game, but consistency has been off.

This team is 2-4 in their last 6 games played. All of their losses they have played below average to awful football. We have never been beat playing our A game in over two years. Sad thing is, this is not a talent problem, we arent the Browns or Jaguars where teams are just better, there is no way to accurately say what the problem is, fact is we have just played like garbage. I know MM is a players coach, but maybe he needs to change his style, he deserves better execution from his team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
My take on this Packers team right now is simple. How tough are they both mentally and physically and how hungry are they? Too many leaders on the team pitching old spice and state farm and not enough bleeding football right now. This is also a cap led league and the Packers have some truly terrible contracts in hand right now. This leads to many bad things in todays NFL and needs to get fixed before this club becomes that dynasty many hope for. Sometimes leaders need to take cuts for the greater good. Guys like Woodson, Saturday, Driver, Finley, ect are just not living up to their checks. This ultimately leads to poor team depth and spite!

Definitely getting the feeling there is going to be a significant shake up after this season.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
My take on this Packers team right now is simple. How tough are they both mentally and physically and how hungry are they? Too many leaders on the team pitching old spice and state farm and not enough bleeding football right now. This is also a cap led league and the Packers have some truly terrible contracts in hand right now. This leads to many bad things in todays NFL and needs to get fixed before this club becomes that dynasty many hope for. Sometimes leaders need to take cuts for the greater good. Guys like Woodson, Saturday, Driver, Finley, ect are just not living up to their checks. This ultimately leads to poor team depth and spite!

Definitely getting the feeling there is going to be a significant shake up after this season.

Why though? This isn't a talent issue by any stretch, these guys won a Super Bowl together. The problem is how we come out and execute as well as attitude and effort. That film is going to be tough to watch, finally can say I watched a game where the Colts didn't beat us, but we beat ourselves. Lazy play all over the field, no killer instinct, little extra effort was given, versus a Colts team that never quit for their coach. If the Packers give that kind of effort, 41-3 win easily. Ive never been more upset after a loss, even Seattle, the team quit on us, Ive never seen that before.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/08/pff-snap-stat-report/
Quote:
Packers 27 – 30 Colts (last updated 08:30 am)

Snap Shot

Packers Offense: Randall Cobb got by far his highest number of snaps with 65%. In previous weeks he’s had 53%, 29%, 12% & 48%. He was in the slot for all bar three of his 44 plays.

Packers Defense: B.J. Raji was injured with 11:54 gone in the second; after only 16 snaps. As a result Mike Neal not only got his first snaps of the year but at 33 snaps probably played a lot more than was anticipated early in the day.

Stat Attack

Packers Offense: Aaron Rodgers may want to look to WR, Randall Cobb more. He had a perfect 158.3 rating when throwing to him.

Packers Defense: Although the Colts threw for a lot of yards the most given up was by Tramon Williams (92). However before you go thinking he wasn’t very good note he was targeted 16 times for those yards and knocked down five.

Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
If the packers are truely falling apart, which I hope not. if it is though, this is one of the shortest windows I seen for a dynasty caliber team supposedly to have ever. With all the parts they have.

And I honestly have no idea if we're overreacting or not. None whatsoever.

What the heck is up with Rodgers?
Do you think Rodgers is having problems in his personal life? He seems so out of it. He has been playing well, but not Rodgers like... We haven't hit a deep ball in forever. He is also back to holding onto the ball for like 10 seconds. This is the biggest funk I can remember him being in.

I was listening online to WDUZ out of GB this morning and someone called in with a theory that Rodgers might be regressing because Clements is no longer his position coach. I remember Rodgers publicly saying he wanted a former QB as his position coach but MM appointed McAdoo instead. Could this be part of the problem with Aaron's play this season? What say you guys?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
If the packers are truely falling apart, which I hope not. if it is though, this is one of the shortest windows I seen for a dynasty caliber team supposedly to have ever. With all the parts they have.

Do you think Rodgers is having problems in his personal life? He seems so out of it. He has been playing well, but not Rodgers like... We haven't hit a deep ball in forever. He is also back to holding onto the ball for like 10 seconds. This is the biggest funk I can remember him being in.

I was listening online to WDUZ out of GB this morning and someone called in with a theory that Rodgers might be regressing because Clements is no longer his position coach. I remember Rodgers publicly saying he wanted a former QB as his position coach but MM appointed McAdoo instead. Could this be part of the problem with Aaron's play this season? What say you guys?

Its not like Clements promotion from QB coach to OC means he is ignoring Rodgers now. He is still on staff and if Aaron ever needs him Im more than sure Clements will do anything he needs to get him playing well. I doubt there is anything to that. There is something wrong with Aaron though, players of his caliber just don't regress like this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Completely disgusted with the way the team is playing, for a team with this kind of leadership we are playing extremely sloppy and lazy. I cannot believe when they show the back sides of routes on TV how pathetic our WRs run routes to the back side of a play. Jordy Nelson ran a few that would get players pulled at the high school level. Our WR's maybe don't run their mouth like Randy Moss, but when the play isn't going their way, they run crappy lazy routes like him.

Aaron has lost his edge, he's been no better than the 8th-15th best QB in the NFL this year. That timeout he wasted on the last drive is almost rookie like, still cannot believe he doesn't get a play off. A 7 yard out there gives Mason a 43 yard field goal, which from an approach standard is night and day for a kicker. That said he shows glimpses of the player he is in every game, but consistency has been off.

This team is 2-4 in their last 6 games played. All of their losses they have played below average to awful football. We have never been beat playing our A game in over two years. Sad thing is, this is not a talent problem, we arent the Browns or Jaguars where teams are just better, there is no way to accurately say what the problem is, fact is we have just played like garbage. I know MM is a players coach, but maybe he needs to change his style, he deserves better execution from his team.

If our WRs are running lazy routes and our offense is predicated on timing it is no wonder Rodgers has no place to go and doesn't seem to have faith in his guys. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:

Its not like Clements promotion from QB coach to OC means he is ignoring Rodgers now. He is still on staff and if Aaron ever needs him Im more than sure Clements will do anything he needs to get him playing well. I doubt there is anything to that. There is something wrong with Aaron though, players of his caliber just don't regress like this.

You're probably right. I guess I was just looking for a reason why Rodgers is playing like he is. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:

In fairness to Rodgers, Cobb could've ran the side lines some before ducking out of bounds on the play before......Maybe that would've been enough for Crosby to nail the tying FG....
smetana34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

In fairness to Rodgers, Cobb could've ran the side lines some before ducking out of bounds on the play before......Maybe that would've been enough for Crosby to nail the tying FG....

You mean the play where his momentum carried him out?

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."

incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:

No, he wasn't carried out of bounds by momentum.....Even the announcer said he should've went up field some, before ducking out.....I'm sure Cobb was concerned about stopping the clock, and didn't think about doing such....
smetana34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

No, he wasn't carried out of bounds by momentum.....Even the announcer said he should've went up field some, before ducking out.....I'm sure Cobb was concerned about stopping the clock, and didn't think about doing such....

Yup and he also said, "if he was able to right the ship in time " right before that part.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."

incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: