Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The "We Need a Bye Week" PostGame Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firing Capers isnt a one week over reaction. He really hasn't been good since the Super Bowl season...

#JDI
packerjmf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
packerjmf wrote:
Overreactions:
-Cut Saturday.
- Draft a new kicker.
- Fire Capers.
- Dump Finley.
- Force Woodson to retire.

Did I miss anything?

On a more serious note, we really need Jennings back in the lineup and lets hope Sherrod is ready to play some ball when he comes back.

Trade Saturday and Crosby for Wells and G.Z.?

I like it. Cool
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a feeling this was going to be the result. NEVER underestimate a team that's playing for something other than a paycheck. It happened last year against the Chiefs and it happened against this year against the Colts.
Packerbacker93

This just goes to show what are team is without Rodgers playing at a elite level constantly.

WIsportsfan wrote:
I'm embarrassed for anyone that seriously will think about it.

I'm embarrassed by that performance.
Packer70

blankman0021 wrote:
packerjmf wrote:
Overreactions:
-Cut Saturday.
- Draft a new kicker.
- Fire Capers.
- Dump Finley.
- Force Woodson to retire.

Did I miss anything?

On a more serious note, we really need Jennings back in the lineup and lets hope Sherrod is ready to play some ball when he comes back.

Trade Saturday and Crosby for Wells and G.Z.?

We'd need to throw in a first as well
{Family Ghost}

This team is a bunch of pretenders. I'm not sure what is ailing the Packers, but I would say the main problem is that just are not a very good team. Good teams don't routinely fail to play complete games week in and week out. Every game this season has seen long periods of ineffectiveness on offense and/or defense, or both. Today's loss is just a flat out embarrassment.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CallMeBarrett wrote:
Someone obviously went back to 2008 in a time machine, left our 2012 Aaron Rodgers there, and replaced him with his 2008 self.

There's no excuse to hold onto the ball for 8 seconds at a time.

Defense choked, but what's new? You can't play the Bears every game.

Crosby doesn't even deserve mentioning.

I don't get it. I thought in practice they have an airhorn that goes off after 2.7 seconds or whatever it is...you'd think that would establish a very nice mental clock...maybe everything goes out the window during the game...?

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
CallMeBarrett wrote:
Someone obviously went back to 2008 in a time machine, left our 2012 Aaron Rodgers there, and replaced him with his 2008 self.

There's no excuse to hold onto the ball for 8 seconds at a time.

Defense choked, but what's new? You can't play the Bears every game.

Crosby doesn't even deserve mentioning.

I don't get it. I thought in practice they have an airhorn that goes off after 2.7 seconds or whatever it is...you'd think that would establish a very nice mental clock...maybe everything goes out the window during the game...?

Practice? PRACTICE?
MUOH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this team is going to go 2-4 after next week and has probably just flamed out the 2012 season. Slim hope of getting into the playoffs if they can sweep the NFC North but it would not matter much because there is no way that this combination of offense and defense would get them anywhere in the playoffs.

I like Crosby but he probably needs to go. He has never been very clutch and that thing was not even close.

No adjustments and no urgency from the Pack in the second half on either side of the ball. Had a bad feeling about the defense, and this game, once Raji went down. That pile of garbage that was the third quarter was what I feared and it all came true.

Rodgers is not very good this year. He needs to stop trying to force the ball down field so much take what they are giving and get the ball out instead of holding it. Taking the sacks that he is taking only puts the already weak offensive line into more bad pass protection situations and has forced that the Packers out of some reasonable downs and distances making the offense even more one dimensional.

Still for as bad as it was you have got to ask how does Crosby miss that kick by that much when it is indoors and off of turf?
kgthekid

No rest for the weary indeed.

Don't care if it's an AFC team for tiebreaker purposes or not, but this sucked. I swear, I hate facing rookie QBs on the road. Ponder last year, Freeman in '09, Luck this year.

Would I have been happier if Crosby made those FGs? Duh. But the offense didn't make it easy on him.

And nobody can cover Wayne, seemingly. Goodness.

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
IrishGreen

bkobow05 wrote:
Firing Capers isnt a one week over reaction. He really hasn't been good since the Super Bowl season...

-i agree. maybe it's not scheme, but we need a change of scenery as far as defense goes. it's just not good right now at all. i posted a "joke" in the gameday thread o/u 95% chance we give up the long 3rd down, and it happened. it seems like it is that way every single time.

-that's was a horrible effort by crosby, but it's laughable that he should be cut or gone next season. he's fine.

-our offensive line is a huge problem, something needs to be done there. especially the interior.

-rodgers needs to throw the ball away quicker. something's just not right there. that said, he's still putting up pro bowl type number. something's not right. imo, driver is done, and with jennings and finley now being out, we seem to be missing threats on offense. not my main concern though.

-MM seems to be having a down year mentally. had some horrible game plans and near the end of this game should've been using TOs near the endzone so we'd have more time to work with. just haven't been impressed with him this year.

El Ramster on the amazing work
valpoPackers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we need to do is sneak into the playoffs on a wild card, and if we get some momentum, we'll win the Super Bowl. See 2011 Giants, 2010 Packers, 2008 Giants, 2011 Cardinals.
IrishGreen

kgthekid wrote:
No rest for the weary indeed.

Don't care if it's an AFC team for tiebreaker purposes or not, but this sucked. I swear, I hate facing rookie QBs on the road. Ponder last year, Freeman in '09, Luck this year.

Would I have been happier if Crosby made those FGs? Duh. But the offense didn't make it easy on him.

And nobody can cover Wayne, seemingly. Goodness.

wayne is a good receiver, but my goodness was tramon getting abused

El Ramster on the amazing work
CallMeBarrett

Congrats to the Colts organization and Chuck Pagano, I wish him luck in his recovery process.

The Colts needed this win, and nothing was going to deny them. Just like when Matt Bryant lost his child, this is one of those games I find peace in losing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: