Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finley's Agent Calls Out Rodgers. Finley is Done.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Finley's Agent Calls Out Rodgers. Finley is Done. Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-isn-t-great-160500639--nfl.html

I was this guys biggest supporter but this is it for me.

An absolute joke at this point and wouldn't surprise me to see him get traded before the deadline.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-isn-t-great-160500639--nfl.html

I was this guys biggest supporter but this is it for me.

An absolute joke at this point and wouldn't surprise me to see him get traded before the deadline.
I am a big Finley guy. Finley didn't make these comments. But if I was JerMichael, I'd fire this clown right now! Make it known you wont stand for that garbage. I bet it would win him some major locker room points too. Finley already said he wont fire his agent Confused

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's trade Bishop too. That's his agent also
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Do you think his agent just came out and said this without talking to Finley at all?

Please tell me you're not that ignorant. It's very obvious at times last year and carrying into this year Finley has been upset with his role in the Offense. He thought he'd be putting up better numbers at this point and he just hasn't. This is coming from his agent but the writing has been on the wall for a bit now that he's been unhappy and I see this as him speaking through someone.

Finley's days as a Packer are very numbered.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
justo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
justo wrote:

Do you think his agent just came out and said this without talking to Finley at all?

You think that he told Finley (or had Finley tell him) to do this? How would that help Finley at all in any way?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
justo wrote:

I am 110% sure, without any doubt at all in my mind at all, positive that he did this without talking to Finley or Bishop. He put it on Twitter. The agent is just a damn clown. If I was either Finley or Bishop I'd can him. Then again he did get both of them pretty dang good deals for how they have performed.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Mendeleev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, Finley wanted his agent to say Rodgers isn't a leader. Makes perfect sense.
SplashDive

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go record as saying at least one of Finley and Jennings will be back next year. Losing both in free agency would be a lot to deal with. I would fire this guy if he was my agent, but then again we all say that because it is easy to say. He made a comment that he probably shouldn't but none of us know the demographic of the relationship that he and finley have. It would probably be like firing your brother or best friend over something that you had differning opinions on.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

The dudes job is to get Finley contracts and endorsements, same for Des Bishop. Who the hell cares what he says about A-Rod?? If this was Rodgers agent it would actually be news, but this is completely irrelevant. Im sure he talked to Finley and the two of them decided together to attack Rodgers on his agents twitter. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
I will go record as saying at least one of Finley and Jennings will be back next year.
Finley is on a two year contract, right?
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
I will go record as saying at least one of Finley and Jennings will be back next year.

Correct, Ill go on record and say they'll both be back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
justo wrote:
SplashDive wrote:

Correct, Ill go on record and say they'll both be back.

I'll go ahead and throw my hat into this ring too. If anything Jennings will be tagged for a year. Maybe a tag and trade but that's the only way he gets out of Wisconsin all offseason.

Side note: Did anyone know Finley's brother is Jorvorskie Lane?

Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets take a second to look at the facts here.

1. Finley has called out Rodgers in an immature way already in the past.(After the Titans game in 2008)

2. Finley said last year he was upset with the fact that he and Rodgers weren't on the same page during a year we went 15-1 and put up record breaking numbers on Offense.

3. Finley gets a new contract after a absolutely terrible performance against the Giants and says he was worried about being hurt all last year which contributed to his poor performance.

4. Finley still is dropping the ball and not putting up solid numbers.

I'm not saying that he went directly to his agent and said "Tweet this about Aaron publicly" but I am fairly certain that Finley puts a lot of the blame on why he is not performing up to his own or the team standards on his Quarterback play.

Now, the agent is a moron for doing this without question. But to believe that he did this all on his own accord without any murmurs from his client about being displeased what so ever?

Absolutely ridiculous. There have been no bigger Finley supporters than me since he got drafted and I really thought he was going to right the ship this season and be a Top 3 TE but after this I am abandoning hope.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say send him to Jacksonville for a 5th. He can see what "not a leader" really is.

I don't want to put Rodgers on a pedistal above criticism, we did that with some other player before (and no matter how good he was, Taco Wallace wasn't perfect). But when the criticism is not warranted, point it out. I see he cites Brees and Manning as true leaders. The same Brees that allowed the defense to have a bounty program without speaking up about it? And the same Manning that called out his offensive line in a post game interview?

But I am also done with Finley. Move him, let him finish his contract, whatever. When is Quarless coming back?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
SplashDive

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
SplashDive wrote:

My bad I thought he signed a 1 year deal. Lol Embarassed Embarassed

I will say they are both back then too lol. I would have anyways. Also did Finley's agent really call Rodgers out? I would say he stated an opinion that wasn't the most flattering review, but not really a call out. If he said he was throwing a terrible football and had terrible accuracy or something than sure he was calling him out. He did also say he thought Aaron was the best QB in the league. I would have to disagree where he said he was like Jordan and said Jordan was a bad teammate. I think Rodgers is a good teammate but I am unfortunately not on the team lol.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: