Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

Rosstafarian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very excited to be at Reliant Stadium on Sunday to watch this game. No matter what each section of fans think of their respective teams should be a great contest between two powerhouses of the NFL.
mxr124

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
What is going on with House? I thought initially the injury would just be keeping him out maybe the rest of the preseason. Now here we are approaching week 6 and he's still out. Did we place him on the PUP list at the beginning of the season? If not, we should have.
Man I hate the PUP, causes more confusion than anything in football.... We didn't nor could have we put Devon on the PUP. If you get 1 rep in at Training Camp you can not be placed on the PUP. Its the same reason Bishop and Starks were not put on it either.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Embarassed

Anyway, any word on when he is due back? He sure was looking strong before that injury.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
What is going on with House? I thought initially the injury would just be keeping him out maybe the rest of the preseason. Now here we are approaching week 6 and he's still out. Did we place him on the PUP list at the beginning of the season? If not, we should have.
Man I hate the PUP, causes more confusion than anything in football.... We didn't nor could have we put Devon on the PUP. If you get 1 rep in at Training Camp you can not be placed on the PUP. Its the same reason Bishop and Starks were not put on it either.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Embarassed

Anyway, any word on when he is due back? He sure was looking strong before that injury.
It will be a while IMO. Shields and Hayward have been better than expected so no need to rush him. I do love his potential, these DB's look set for a good while!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears Are Legit wrote:
So can we still change our minds about Nick Collins...

I suppose we could, but the talent in the defensive backfield is the least of our concerns right now. The defensive playcalling on the other hand...

chucknorris101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:

I suppose we could, but the talent in the defensive backfield is the least of our concerns right now. The defensive playcalling on the other hand...

This. Our talent can be lights out. Just need to be put in position to be at their best. I.E. no more motherducking zone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:

This. Our talent can be lights out. Just need to be put in position to be at their best. I.E. no more motherducking zone

There is always going to be a good mix of both under Capers, and that is the RIGHT plan. It's up to the players to not get lost/sucked out of position in zones. They are never going to play man 3/4 the time or more.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am game planning this offensively this is my plan:
- Hit JJ Watt. First play of the game I run a stretch play, get him moving and then cut him. Hit him high, hit him low, hit him early, hit him often. They talk about getting a QB or WR's off their spot, lets do that to JJ.
- Randall Cobb. Must touch the ball 15-20 times.
- Ball Out. Quick routes to get the ball out of Rodgers hand. Nothing kills a drive like a sack, get the ball out and let the playmakers pile upthe RAC.
- Work the Middle. Hopefully Finley plays but whoever is at TE has to dominate with no Cushing in the middle.
- Multi-RB Gun. Get both Green and Starks in the backfield, maybe sneak in a throw back, a little read option, some routes out of the backfield. Lots of ways to get both of them going.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
If I am game planning this offensively this is my plan:
- Hit JJ Watt. First play of the game I run a stretch play, get him moving and then cut him. Hit him high, hit him low, hit him early, hit him often. They talk about getting a QB or WR's off their spot, lets do that to JJ.
- Randall Cobb. Must touch the ball 15-20 times.
- Ball Out. Quick routes to get the ball out of Rodgers hand. Nothing kills a drive like a sack, get the ball out and let the playmakers pile upthe RAC.
- Work the Middle. Hopefully Finley plays but whoever is at TE has to dominate with no Cushing in the middle.
- Multi-RB Gun. Get both Green and Starks in the backfield, maybe sneak in a throw back, a little read option, some routes out of the backfield. Lots of ways to get both of them going.

Agree with all of this. I think getting the ball out quick and getting it to Cobb are mutually exclusive the way that M3 uses him.

If ever Alex Green was going to have a breakout game in the NFL mows the time McCarthy simply needs to trust him and continue to give him carries even if it isn't yielding a ton.

If we get Pass Happy we will lose by 20 and probably have Rodgers get killed.

I don't think we've completed a deep pass all season long and it would be nice when Jordy gets a step if Rodgers would not overthrow him.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
persiandud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Texans team is definitely beatable.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
First play of the game I run a stretch play.
That shouldn't be a problem Laughing
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

What if I told you this game for the Packers is definitely losable?
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

There is always going to be a good mix of both under Capers, and that is the RIGHT plan. It's up to the players to not get lost/sucked out of position in zones. They are never going to play man 3/4 the time or more.

but they should since that's what they excel at...

what i don't understand is why everything has to be so intricate, & there has to be so many moving parts...

if Dom wasnt so damn stubborn he would go with whats working till it doesnt work... but he refuses to do that with such a young group on D

i know Dom is a genius when it comes to the 3-4 D... but hes incredibly stubborn & has been for the last couple years with our defense

the talent is already in place to be a solid D... but its frustrating watching him trot out a talented secondary & put them in terrible positions by playing zone when they can play m2m as well as they do

im not saying our m2m Scheme is unbeatable... but as some random Packer fan sitting on his butt in Oconomowoc, i can even see that were a consistently better D when we play that way

worst part is, nobody from the media has flat out asked him why he doesnt play more of it

i just want some answers... there has got to be a reason hes doing what hes doing, & to 'not give up the big play' is a crappy reason when they just give up medium plays till they score instead anyway

very frustrating
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
spilltray wrote:

but they should since that's what they excel at...

what i don't understand is why everything has to be so intricate, & there has to be so many moving parts...

if Dom wasnt so damn stubborn he would go with whats working till it doesnt work... but he refuses to do that with such a young group on D

i know Dom is a genius when it comes to the 3-4 D... but hes incredibly stubborn & has been for the last couple years with our defense

the talent is already in place to be a solid D... but its frustrating watching him trot out a talented secondary & put them in terrible positions by playing zone when they can play m2m as well as they do

im not saying our m2m Scheme is unbeatable... but as some random Packer fan sitting on his butt in Oconomowoc, i can even see that were a consistently better D when we play that way

worst part is, nobody from the media has flat out asked him why he doesnt play more of it

i just want some answers... there has got to be a reason hes doing what hes doing, & to 'not give up the big play' is a crappy reason when they just give up medium plays till they score instead anyway

very frustrating

I agree, you play what you are best at. I don't buy the "have to switch it up" thing with the defense. Obviously you cannot come out with the same look every play, but we never ran zone with Charles Woodson and Al Harris at the LOS jamming the crap out of receivers. The Bears are 90% of the time in a cover 2 look, Jon Grudens Bucs were in Tampa 2 almost exclusively. Fact is guys like Sam Shields are 10x better in M2M, that's like telling a power OL like the Bears they have to run zone in order to mix it up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

The unfortunate injury to Brian Cushing gives me hope. I think they can win, but they need to play well to beat the Texans.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.................in straight pick em's this week I picked Houston. But in my two confidence leagues(the one in Gen and one I put money on) I picked GB at the lowest possible points. EVERYONE in my money league is picking Houston methinks.

Sig brought to you by Justo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 17 of 63

Jump to: