Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
I think Houston is tremendous. But I just wouldn't be surprised if this was the game where we kind of remind everyone how good we can be. Get a couple early scores (not selling the Houston defense short, but when Rodgers is on he can beat anyone), force them to pass a bit more than they run and get them away from what has been working for them. Schaub is a great QB, but he isn't elite, and we can force him into a couple of mistakes thanks to a very thin receiving corps. I have to wonder how influential Cushing was to their run defense; maybe Green can exploit them?

I think this game could easily end up something like a 24-17 Packers win.

Andrew Luck isn't an elite QB either. Alex Smith isn't an elite QB either. The Texans WR corps is still better than what the Colts had and Luck still threw for almost 400 yards.

I don't see how this defense is going to stop their offense. I expect the Texas to use their TE's often this game. The only way to win is if Rodgers plays the way he did last year. Maybe then they can win like they did last year in NY. Too bad we won't have Jennings because now that Benson is out I expect MM to use the exact same kind of offense that he did last year.

I do not necessarily agree or disagree with Luck not being elite. I just rewatched the game, just to add to the misery I am experiencing this week with my bad cold, and that sure was not any rookie QB I have ever seen in that second half. The windows that Luck hit on some of those completions were absurd. I know Woodson is getting crucified a bit this week, but the coverage was right there on some of those and yet Luck still got the ball to the receiver, and despite the well timed hits, that receiver still somehow held on. It was literally that unprecedented in my opinion. I do not know if another QB hits those windows or another receiver will hold onto those catches the rest of this year. Just saying. That was extremely eye opening.

That 13 play, 80 yard drive was simply amazing. I do not know any ordinary QBs that will pull off those throws and hit the windows Luck did. Of course I say this, and the reality is, if the pass interference call on Shields was not called, as it should not have, the come back would not likely have happened. However, the rest of that second half was truly a jaw dropping spectacle by the opposing QB and WR. I highly doubt you see that lightening strike again this year. Then again, how else would you explain that Fail Mary too? Just unreal what has happened to this team already in 5 games.
greenbayfan06

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I know I dont post here hardly ever, but I read the forum almost daily and have always come here first whenever I have wanted to gauge fan perception of things. I might add that I have always regarded this forum very highly, but after what I have read in this post I can't say that I still have the same perception.

I see a majority of you here are what I like to call "good weather" fans. Whenever everything is going our way then you couldnt praise the packers more, talking about how they are the best team you have ever watched and how they are certain to win multiple championships. (you are undoubtably the same fans who kissed Favre's [inappropriate/removed] when he was winning, then turned on him when he wasn't playing well). I know the packers are having a rough start to the year, but this year is not unlike the year we won the Super Bowl, and some of you are already claiming that the year is over and that this team is "garbage." Please do all of the real fans a favor and jump off the bandwagon and stay off.

Packers not only make the playoffs this year, but they go 11-5 and win the NFC North. Book it! Save this post for your records.
tabbaker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When's the last time we were the underdog?
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
I think Houston is tremendous. But I just wouldn't be surprised if this was the game where we kind of remind everyone how good we can be. Get a couple early scores (not selling the Houston defense short, but when Rodgers is on he can beat anyone), force them to pass a bit more than they run and get them away from what has been working for them. Schaub is a great QB, but he isn't elite, and we can force him into a couple of mistakes thanks to a very thin receiving corps. I have to wonder how influential Cushing was to their run defense; maybe Green can exploit them?

I think this game could easily end up something like a 24-17 Packers win.

Andrew Luck isn't an elite QB either. Alex Smith isn't an elite QB either. The Texans WR corps is still better than what the Colts had and Luck still threw for almost 400 yards.

I don't see how this defense is going to stop their offense. I expect the Texas to use their TE's often this game. The only way to win is if Rodgers plays the way he did last year. Maybe then they can win like they did last year in NY. Too bad we won't have Jennings because now that Benson is out I expect MM to use the exact same kind of offense that he did last year.

The only way we win this game is either Houston has an off night = we are their trap game. Wink

But seriously, we have the horses but for some reason we don't have our crap together like Houston does so we become our own worst enemy. It doesn't help that officials find it completely acceptable for WRs to push our DBs out the way every week either...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbayfan06 wrote:
Wow... I know I dont post here hardly ever, but I read the forum almost daily and have always come here first whenever I have wanted to gauge fan perception of things. I might add that I have always regarded this forum very highly, but after what I have read in this post I can't say that I still have the same perception.

I see a majority of you here are what I like to call "good weather" fans. Whenever everything is going our way then you couldnt praise the packers more, talking about how they are the best team you have ever watched and how they are certain to win multiple championships. (you are undoubtably the same fans who kissed Favre's [inappropriate/removed] when he was winning, then turned on him when he wasn't playing well). I know the packers are having a rough start to the year, but this year is not unlike the year we won the Super Bowl, and some of you are already claiming that the year is over and that this team is "garbage." Please do all of the real fans a favor and jump off the bandwagon and stay off.

Packers not only make the playoffs this year, but they go 11-5 and win the NFC North. Book it! Save this post for your records.

I've had to endure the 70s and 80s so I am no good weather fan. As a 50 year fan and long time shareholder I love my Packers like crazy but it doesn't take a genius to see things are not right at 1265. Can they turn it around? Absolutely! But until they get their collective heads out of their fannies and begin to play up to their potential this team is gonna hover around .500. Houston is on a roll like we were the past 2 seasons so unless we play a heck of lot better than we have previously its gonna be long night in Texas.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:
December 19th 2010, Sunday Night at Foxboro with Matt Flynn at QB. My 20th Birthday was almost one worth remembering, untill Flynn showed his 2 minute drill Laughing

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
greenbayfan06

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
greenbayfan06 wrote:

I've had to endure the 70s and 80s so I am no good weather fan. As a 50 year fan and long time shareholder I love my Packers like crazy but it doesn't take a genius to see things are not right at 1265. Can they turn it around? Absolutely! But until they get their collective heads out of their fannies and begin to play up to their potential this team is gonna hover around .500. Houston is on a roll like we were the past 2 seasons so unless we play a heck of lot better than we have previously its gonna be long night in Texas.

I couldn't agree more that they arent playing good football right now and I believe that even if we play our best ball on against the Texans, it is still gonna be a tough game to win. But when I see so called fans saying that this team is garbage (basically an enhanced version of the team that went 15-1 last year) and that the year is already over five games in, I have a hard time believing that these people are true fans whatsoever
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
tabbaker wrote:
December 19th 2010, Sunday Night at Foxboro with Matt Flynn at QB. My 20th Birthday was almost one worth remembering, untill Flynn showed his 2 minute drill Laughing

Yep, that sure as hell looked a lot more dire than this and we almost pulled it off.

We might have been underdogs according to Vegas in our playoff run but I honestly can't remember.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raji, Jennings and Finley didn't practice Today. McCarthy to address the media shortly.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Blink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Jennings will be out. Raji and Finley will be game time decisions. Benson to IR with designation to return.

Its quite the uphill battle for us to beat Houston at full strength right now, trying to take them out minus 3 top offensive playmakers and your starting nose is something entirely different

I hope Mac gets these guys fighting for their lives out there, because that's what its gonna take.
mxr124

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is going on with House? I thought initially the injury would just be keeping him out maybe the rest of the preseason. Now here we are approaching week 6 and he's still out. Did we place him on the PUP list at the beginning of the season? If not, we should have.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
What is going on with House? I thought initially the injury would just be keeping him out maybe the rest of the preseason. Now here we are approaching week 6 and he's still out. Did we place him on the PUP list at the beginning of the season? If not, we should have.
Man I hate the PUP, causes more confusion than anything in football.... We didn't nor could have we put Devon on the PUP. If you get 1 rep in at Training Camp you can not be placed on the PUP. Its the same reason Bishop and Starks were not put on it either.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
Looks like Jennings will be out.
Did he tear is damn groin? This is getting pretty old. Didn't play the 2nd half of the 9ers game, didn't play the Bears game, limited in the Seahawks game, didn't play the 2nd half of the Saints game and missed the Colts and Texans games. Shocked Oh and missed almost all of the preseason and a lot of training camp. No freaking wonder our offense has been average.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Denver (96.8) San Deigo (36.7) (60.1)
Oakland (35.3) Atlanta (77.4) (42.1)
New York Giants (52) San Francisco (85.9) (33.9)
Green Bay (93) Houston (59.3) (33.7)
Buffalo (43.9) Arizona (77.3) (33.4)
Pittsburgh (48.3) Tennessee (18.4) (29.9)
Kansas City (30.1) Tampa Bay (53.9) (23.8)
St. Louis (79.2) Miami (55.8) (23.4)
Minnesota (48.3) Washington (69.3) (21)
New England (91.9) Seattle (71.1) (20.8)
Dallas (43.4) Baltimore (56.2) (12.8)
Detroit (55.2) Philadelphia (48.7) (6.5)
Cincinnati (44.9) Cleveland (39.2) (05.7)
Indianapolis (55.4) New York Jets (55.9) (00.5)

These numbers are live and a lot change change with them before we even kick off but it looks like Green Bay beating Houston is the 4th most confident game prediction by it so far.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
Man I hate the PUP, causes more confusion than anything in football.... We didn't nor could have we put Devon on the PUP. If you get 1 rep in at Training Camp you can not be placed on the PUP. Its the same reason Bishop and Starks were not put on it either.

100% correct. And it is a very similar injury to Tramon's of last year (from what I remember hearing...)

Only reason Tramon played was that he is our #1. House has a few in front of him and we don't need to rush him back with the way Tramon and Shields have been playing. House can run, but he can't move his shoulder well, and well...that doesn't bode well for a developing CB.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 16 of 63

Jump to: