Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

Title Town USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel terrible for the Texans (losing Cushing). It seems like every year they lose one big name that partially derails their season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Packers blew out the Texans. I think our D can hold them, and our O can shred their secondary. As long as Rodgers stays on his feet, this should look easy.

And I'm not trolling.

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Packers blew out the Texans. I think our D can hold them, and our O can shred their secondary. As long as Rodgers stays on his feet, this should look easy.

And I'm not trolling.

Rodgers staying on his feet is certainly a big question mark given what we've seen from Saturday and Bulaga this season. My guess is Watt will be getting a fair share of his match-ups against both this week.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:

And I'm not trolling.
If our team plays the way they have in the first 5 weeks, no way in heck do we have a chance at blowing them out. Haven't lost faith in my team but i have to see something from them before i see us even beating a team like the Texans, much less blowing them out.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:

And I'm not trolling.

I sure as hell would be. With Jennings hurt and Rodgers playing the way he is, shredding that secondary is a tall order.

My main concern is keeping Rodgers alive. Worst match up all season, IMO, as far as opposing pass rushers. It could get ugly.

Also, I have a feeling Foster will go bonkers. Neither Smith or Hawk is going to be able to stay with him in the passing game, and with Raji hampered we have a big challenge on the ground too.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-5-dvoa-ratings
Quote:
Green Bay and Denver. I went back and looked, and Green Bay and Denver are two of the best 2-3 teams we've ever encountered. Here's a list of the best 2-3 teams in DVOA history:

Says Green Bay is the 2nd best 2-3 DVOA team since 1991. Only ahead of them was the 2005 Chargers by 14.1 Shocked
strat1080

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:

And I'm not trolling.

Really? Its hard to tell if your being sarcastic. Sorry dude but Arian Foster is so much better than Donald Brown and Andre Johnson is so much better than Reggie Wayne. That Texans OL is so much better than the Colts.

This has to be a sarcastic post. There is no way this is an "easy" game. If anything its the most difficult matchup of the season.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
If anything its the most difficult matchup of the season.
Did you see what San Fran has been doing to people? Shocked
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't mean to imply it's an easy game, I just think we match up well against them. I think their secondary is more vulnerable than people realize, and their offense isn't the machine it appears to be.

We aren't as bad as we have looked, they aren't as good. It's almost always the case, especially this early in the year. If Aaron Rodgers can get going, which I believe is just a matter of being somewhat comfortable in the pocket, we can move the ball quickly on them. If we get a lead, Arian Foster's impact will be limited, and I like our DB's against their receivers.

Not saying I would be shocked if the Packers lost, but I'll certainly be betting on them. There's a reason we are only 4 point dogs on the road.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, just to clarify, if the pass rush doesn't blow up our offense, I think it will be easy. It's not an easy game though, because I agree that is a big if.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we play like we did in half 1 vs the colts we have a chance. Hoping Raji can be back but i doubt it, which likely means not much push up front, if you noticed...which most of you who think Raji contributes nothing to the pass rush probably didnt... our pass rush poofed when Raji went down. iirc.

We need to have finley in there on the line to chip watt and run up the seam against their fresh LB, apparently he's better than Cushing vs the run but not the pass. That should hopefully break up the cover 2 theyll likely play against us...as everyone has.

One thing I dont get is why Mike feels the need to upheave everything about the system when 1-2 players (finley or jennings) gets hurt. Sure next man wont have the exact same skills, but we teach our receivers all of the positions and routes for a reason...there should be no reason the passing game gets screwed up because someone is out. It just seems to me right now that that is the case.

Also, why are we not using Cobb like the Vikes use Harvin? I realize we are starting to more, but having him in the backfield will at least give defenses some pause, and i think he could be excellent in a screen game if our oline would be competent enough to run it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone get the feeling of the 2009 Pats game with this? Like it could be a game we lose close and turn our season around? I'm way too confident for a fan of a 2-3 team facing an undefeated team right now. I somehow got the feeling (nothing to back it up) that we could pull this one out.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of think the Packers will stand a good chance of knocking off the Texans. If Rodgers comes out and has a top performance the Packers will be hard to beat. If he's off his game the Packers will probably drop another one. I hate to put it all on Rodgers, but he's the big key to unlocking the points. He occassionally has those games where he is just lights out .. Packers need one of those performances right now.

Do I think the Packers defense can stop Houston ... hell no, but we can out-point these guys if things break right. I'm going to say the Packers pull out a close one against a very good team. Maybe something like 34 - 31, or 31 - 27.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Anyone get the feeling of the 2009 Pats game with this? Like it could be a game we lose close and turn our season around? I'm way too confident for a fan of a 2-3 team facing an undefeated team right now. I somehow got the feeling (nothing to back it up) that we could pull this one out.

We didn't play the Pats in 09. Do you mean 2010 when Rosgers was out.
I agree with you that this is going to be a statement game like in 09 when we beat the Cowboys 17-7 or 10 when we beat the Jets.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
Feel terrible for the Texans (losing Cushing). It seems like every year they lose one big name that partially derails their season.

I think most teams every year lose one big name. It is how well they are able to replace said player that distinguishes them. Next man up philosophy very apparent lately.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 14 of 63

Jump to: