Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gents its finally that time. My favorite team, Texans taking on the home state in which I live. My flag fly's mighty proud in my front yard (and has for years) and my tattoo of the Texans bull is being shown off (even in this cold) a little bit more. This week is the week it boils down to. I will either come away victorious and happy and able to look my co workers in the face with a smile on Monday or will come away a loser and be blasted all season long. I hope our team is prepared for you high powered offense and I hope your defense is ready for our dominant run game. Good luck gents and hoping for an injury free game.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I hope our team is prepared for your average powered offense...

FIFY
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
I hope our team is prepared for your average powered offense...

FIFY

Laughing
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
Cushing tore his ACL against the Jets and is done for the year.

This sucks....but next man up. Tim Dobbins will fill in for Cush and make our run D that much better, but our pass coverage will def take a hit.

Dont look into Joesph getting man handled last night he's been dealing with a groin injury and he clearly wasnt 100%, I look for him to miss some time a practice this week and play next.

I think yall win this game 27-21

Welcome to our world. Confused That is a shame. I can understand guys getting beat up in this game but is so sad when it is season ending. We fear Benson will join Cushing on IR. Sad But you guys are so good you can overcome his loss so I'm thinking you'll win this one. I just hope we don't see any more guys go down like this next week for either team! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I think yall win this game 27-21

it could happen... but as of right now its unlikely

you guys are just way to complete of a team playing at a high level while the packers are full of talent that's tremendously under-performing

& even if the packers do beat the texans, there are still many question to be answered about the consistency this team can play with throughout the year (packers are notoriously slow starters under McCarthy with the exception of last year)

but something feels a little different about the team this year... & its not a good feeling for me

i could see us finishing under .500 & a coach getting fired (not MM though)

How on earth do you feel any different than when we were 4-4 after losing to a winless Bucs team in 2009?

Bad Oline play, questionable D because a lot of new pieces, no run game, Rodgers not on his A game....

Same movie, different year. We're going to be fine.

i understand, but i don't see that this year (not saying that we will continue our struggles into next season)

but there are some oddities so far this year that are seemingly impossible to overcome for some reason... the packers are simply not doing themselves any favors with execution & you can't win games like that unless you get teams that play like the week 2 bears every week & that's an oddity in itself

i had this bad feeling after the pre-season... its not just after losing to the colts

there are problems with this team that are fixable, but i dont have confidense in the staff to fix them this year until reality hits & i dont see that till the offseason

It would help if it were only one thing tho! Sad

Our O line is struggling with a new center and Bulaga's sore knee. Aaron is not as accurate for some reason and is holding onto the ball too much. With Benson gone our running game, such as it was, is probably gone. Our WRs can't get separation and when they do they drop the ball. Our pass rush is inconsistent and Clay is back to getting double teamed. Smith is not anywhere near the player Bishop is. Woodson is getting long in the tooth and besides Williams our other DBs are very young and learning on the job. Crosby is having shankitis lately but Masthay is solid, thank heavens.

Last edited by Pugger on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
I just want to say I havent posted in 2 years, but still keep up on the forum, but after yesterdays game it prompted me to let some of my frustraion out. I dont know what the hell is going on with this team right now,I never seen a team fold like they did yesterday. Honestly, people on this board are funny as hell. I gurantee that if the Packers come out and play the way they are capable of playing and beat the Texans next week, everyone is gonna be on the bandwagon again. People are making it out that this team is gonna go 2-14. If they win or lose, I still have hope that they can make the playoffs. I do think the Rodgers and MM will turn around the teams play and make adjustments this week. They have always made them in the past, even if they start 2-4, they should win the next 3 games going into the bye. that would put them at 5-4 and maybe they can get things straightened out and go 2009ish run.

I agree. We've seen it from this team in the past. I remember them having a similar game against a winless Tampa team in 2009 where they dominated the 1st half then folded in the 2nd half. They responded by going 7-1 to close the season. In 2010 they lost back to back games in OT to subpar teams only to turn it around and go on a nice run ending in a Super Bowl.

For those still bashing Finley. They simply don't know what they are talking about. Statistically the Packers are a much better offense with him in there than without. That's not even debatable. The Packers average more than a TD less of production in games in which Finley didn't play.

In 2009 after Finley came back they averaged well over 30 PPG when they were struggling offensively earlier in the season. In 2010 the Packers were averaging 27 PPG with him in the lineup for the first 4 games then finished the season averaging a paltry 24 PPG after he missed the last 12 games of the season. While his actual production isn't that great the effect he has on the offense is quite clear.

The Packers were rolling offensively in the 1st half but couldn't do anything at all when Finley was out of the game. I must be watching completely different games than some of you guys. Dating 3-4 years back this is clearly a much better offense when Finley is in there than without him.

I can almost hear guys saying Finley is a drop waiting to happen but he does stretch the field like no other TE on the roster and the attention he gets opens up other guys.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Cushing with a torn ACL

^ Peppers90

Twitter: fill3up
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@Aaron_Nagler
UDFA OLB w/the Niners this summer. RT @RavensInsider: Kourtnei Brown worked out for the Green Bay Packers today, according to his agency

Another one
Packerbacker93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think that beating this team could put the pack back on track and give our offense there swagger back? I mean i still wouldn't put money down on them winning or anything, but a solid W here could bring us back to our 2011 form.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerbacker93 wrote:
Anyone think that beating this team could put the pack back on track and give our offense there swagger back? I mean i still wouldn't put money down on them winning or anything, but a solid W here could bring us back to our 2011 form.

I think so, This is a must win game for the pack, in the hopes of making the postseason go. Beating the team that is regarded as the best in the NFL is a huge momentum changer.

Props to Swift
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
All those reason you just listed are reasons for why we can turn this around going forward.

This is a team that knows how to win and been in this situation before.

Absolutely, but looking at our roster, why are we 2-3? Why has Bulaga, Sitton, Finley, Nelson, Jennings, Rodgers, ect.... regressed from last year? Why are we lacking effort, missing tackles, running lazy routes ect... Its almost unexplainable.

Yeah, it is.

I just want another game to be played. I can't comprehend what's happened so far.
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this will be the deciding game of our season. Right now I have absolutely no idea what to expect out of the Packers. I could see us ending up 11 and 5, or as bad as 6 n 10. We have the talent to win out, but the lack of composure to lose out as well.

If we come out and come away with the upset victory, we're right back in the mix.

If we come out playing well, but end up losing, we might still have a glimmer of hope.

If we get worked(I think we will) and lose by double digits, the season is pretty much over. Coming back from 2-4 to win the division is almost impossible, and the WC picture looks stacked.

I really, really do not like this match up. Reed and Barwin are going to be a tough match up for Bulaga and Marshall, I'm concerned but you have to hope they can hold their own.

Watt and company on the interior are what freaks me out. Our inside OL has been garbage, I honestly don't think we have a single positive match up on the offensive line. Watt is going to destroy any 1 on 1 he gets.

I predict 35 - 17 Texans. Watt will single handedly end drives, and Foster is going to run wild. I'm begging the football gods to make me look like an idiot and bring back the Packers I used to know.
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read somewhere today or yesterday that in addition to the dropsies, the finley playing wideout has really hurt the passing game too. When he's in at TE he can hit the seam faster which is what helps beat the 2 deep safety look weve seen all year

That and we need greg back in the slot or Cobb in the slot running slants to just tear them apart. we rely too much on the back shoulder which just doesnt seem to be there

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
All those reason you just listed are reasons for why we can turn this around going forward.

This is a team that knows how to win and been in this situation before.

Absolutely, but looking at our roster, why are we 2-3? Why has Bulaga, Sitton, Finley, Nelson, Jennings, Rodgers, ect.... regressed from last year? Why are we lacking effort, missing tackles, running lazy routes ect... Its almost unexplainable.

Yeah, it is.

I just want another game to be played. I can't comprehend what's happened so far.

This is what is really troubling me.

We all figured after last season if you add some pass rush, Tramon get back to normal, and add some depth to the D we would be golden. All of those things happened, and we are a much worse team.

Coaching sticks out to me at first glance. We've looked uninspired, have failed to make critical adjustments, and poor playcalling.

That being said, some players just look worse. Hard to tell if the play call was awful, or the execution.

I'm hoping its the coaching. It seems more likely to me our gameplans are failing, as opposed to half the roster regressing for no reason.

Probably just wishful thinking though.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much everything that's been said. This game IMO decides what kind of a team we are this year. I wouldn't have said this big we were 4-1 now which I predicted, because I wouldn't have felt as bad if we lose this one then. But we need to see if we can overcome the crap we have given so far and beat the Super Bowl favorites now. No more messing around. 2-4 is going to be tought to overcome, especially since there is a good chance someone is 5-1 in our division.

XBL: ShiiNyIV

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 13 of 63

Jump to: