Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cushing tore his ACL against the Jets and is done for the year.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame, great football player. Football guy that's hard not to like right there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something inside me wants to be more optimistic now that Cushing is out, but I dont think it will make a difference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are overreacting way to much, yes we shouldn't have lost that game against the colts but we DID lose the game moves on, GB always loses a game every year they shouldn't have lost to and its usually the one team that they have no business losing to. But either way Im actually feeling pretty good about GB at this time sure they have some issues they need to take care of but i trust MM to coach our players up and improve execution but even with facing the Texans next week they can still win they may be #1 but GB is still a top 10 team. I expect a very close game and GB to hopefully squeak out a win but who knows its the NFL. Any given sunday.

Im expecting a score of GB 31 - Texans 28
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheClayMaker52 wrote:
I think people are overreacting way to much, yes we shouldn't have lost that game against the colts but we DID lose the game moves on, GB always loses a game every year they shouldn't have lost to and its usually the one team that they have no business losing to. But either way Im actually feeling pretty good about GB at this time sure they have some issues they need to take care of but i trust MM to coach our players up and improve execution but even with facing the Texans next week they can still win they may be #1 but GB is still a top 10 team. I expect a very close game and GB to hopefully squeak out a win but who knows its the NFL. Any given sunday.

Im expecting a score of GB 31 - Texans 28

I'm hoping for a close game too, get the ball last with a chance to win. Crosby redeems himself. The D is going to have to show up this week however to keep it close. The offense can score on this defense if it is patient and Rodgers remembers to throw the ball away when there is nothing there. This thing is going to turn around sooner or later, the world cannot stay upside down for too long. Pack 27-24.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
persiandud wrote:
I still believe in this team. But we are facing arguably the most complete team in the league, coming off a demoralizing loss and the news that we've lost our semblance of a running game. Not that teams didn't know we were passing the ball...

I thought the Saints game was when we were going to show some mental fortitude coming off the heels of The Inaccurate Reception, but we let that game get uncomfortably close. Then I predicted we'd womp the Colts. Womp womp...

This is going to be a huge game for our season. We've had a lot of adversity, and none more so than now. But I can't remember when we played with an edge to us. I've been searching for it ever since that Giants game and I haven't seen it.

Keys to the game: Hawk and DJ have to play out of their minds, Foster can't break too many big runs or it'll be a long day

Tramon has to contain Andre Johnson...

The line needs to play their best game of the season, because that sound you hear is J.J. Watt coming to kill Rodgers

Rodgers need to be accurate? I can believe this.

Score: Texans 31 Packers 28

Now you've got me scratching my head... Are we gonna lose by 14 or 3? Were you joking in your original post or did you just suddenly change your mind?

Actually, he said that the Texans would score 21 and we'd have -7. Technically, he thinks we're gonna lose by 28 points.

Ya, I missed that. I thought he put a dash in there and forgot to add the other one. -7? Really? C'mon bro!

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:

This sucks....but next man up. Tim Dobbins will fill in for Cush and make our run D that much better, but our pass coverage will def take a hit.

Dont look into Joesph getting man handled last night he's been dealing with a groin injury and he clearly wasnt 100%, I look for him to miss some time a practice this week and play next.

I think yall win this game 27-21

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

it could happen... but as of right now its unlikely

you guys are just way to complete of a team playing at a high level while the packers are full of talent that's tremendously under-performing

& even if the packers do beat the texans, there are still many question to be answered about the consistency this team can play with throughout the year (packers are notoriously slow starters under McCarthy with the exception of last year)

but something feels a little different about the team this year... & its not a good feeling for me

i could see us finishing under .500 & a coach getting fired (not MM though)

Last edited by driftwood on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:

This sucks....but next man up. Tim Dobbins will fill in for Cush and make our run D that much better, but our pass coverage will def take a hit.

Dont look into Joesph getting man handled last night he's been dealing with a groin injury and he clearly wasnt 100%, I look for him to miss some time a practice this week and play next.

Don't come in here and try that reverse jinx on us like that Very Happy.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more confident if this game was at home. When was the last time this team played a good road game where both offense and defense played well? Must've been the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

you guys are just way to complete of a team playing at a high level while the packers are full of talent that's tremendously under-performing

& even if the packers do beat the texans, there are still many question to be answered about the consistency this team can play with throughout the year (packers are notoriously slow starters under McCarthy with the exception of last year)

but something feels a little different about the team this year... & its not a good feeling for me

How on earth do you feel any different than when we were 4-4 after losing to a winless Bucs team in 2009?

Bad Oline play, questionable D because a lot of new pieces, no run game, Rodgers not on his A game....

Same movie, different year. We're going to be fine.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
I would be more confident if this game was at home. When was the last time this team played a good road game where both offense and defense played well? Must've been the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit.

Lol that wasn't that long ago. This team has shown when it gets going it can beat any team home or away.

I'd feel better about this at home as well but factor in that the Texans have a day less of preparation and just lost one of their best players on D I think that evens it out.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

How on earth do you feel any different than when we were 4-4 after losing to a winless Bucs team in 2009?

Bad Oline play, questionable D because a lot of new pieces, no run game, Rodgers not on his A game....

i understand, but i don't see that this year (not saying that we will continue our struggles into next season)

but there are some oddities so far this year that are seemingly impossible to overcome for some reason... the packers are simply not doing themselves any favors with execution & you can't win games like that unless you get teams that play like the week 2 bears every week & that's an oddity in itself

i had this bad feeling after the pre-season... its not just after losing to the colts

there are problems with this team that are fixable, but i dont have confidense in the staff to fix them this year until reality hits & i dont see that till the offseason
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:

Lol that wasn't that long ago. This team has shown when it gets going it can beat any team home or away.

i agree with this as well, even more so with the packers...

it doesn't matter where they play, they are capable of beating anyone at any time (which is why im fine without home field advantage in the playoffs)

im far more concerned with other things this team is struggling with over where they play & who its against though
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

i understand, but i don't see that this year (not saying that we will continue our struggles into next season)

but there are some oddities so far this year that are seemingly impossible to overcome for some reason... the packers are simply not doing themselves any favors with execution & you can't win games like that unless you get teams that play like the week 2 bears every week & that's an oddity in itself

i had this bad feeling after the pre-season... its not just after losing to the colts

there are problems with this team that are fixable, but i dont have confidense in the staff to fix them this year until reality hits & i dont see that till the offseason

But you could have seen the exact same things in 09 and 10. Allen Babre was our RT. We had lots of huge breakdowns in the passing game (granted not this bad). People were screaming at Aaron that he was holding on to the ball too long and that M3 was a terrible playcaller.

I see literally no difference.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 10 of 63

Jump to: