Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baldwin Open and the 2013 WR position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Baldwin Open and the 2013 WR position Reply with quote

Over on AP Clay Wendler's GIF'D UP this week looks at Baldwin.

Now I want to caution folks from over reacting here - Baldwin has tons of potential but plenty of work yet to do to capitalize on it still. That said - his paltry stats thus far are nowhere near all his own fault and that is what Clay highlights this week, take a look.

Source: http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/11/30/3708594/gifd-up-jon-baldwin-is-open

Clay highlights 2 plays but I'm just going to post one here. It's just brutal how many points continue to be left out on the field.

I have no clue how things are going to play out with Bowe. I do not think Baldwin is ready to be a focal point of a passing game like Bowe has been but I certainly think he's going to bring much more to the table next year (or maybe even down the stretch this season if Stanzi can sniff the field).

Breaston continues to be a healthy scratch but if he's also been disgruntled - it certainly hasn't shown up yet to his credit. I think he's a contributor for next year.

McCluster I really don't know what to say. I'm just not a big fan of him having so many snaps. He's a niche player in my view.

Wylie and Newsome I'm excited for still and I really hope they get more and more snaps as this season winds down. I liked the limited work we saw with Newsome last week.

What do you want to see as the season is closing out?
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done some researching on Baldwin almost every week to see if he "can't get open" like a lot of Raider and Donkey fans are stating. The fact is, the poor guy creates separation right off the bat because of his body. That alone warrants more passes thrown his way (just like Bowe). Secondly, he actually does get open quite often with his route running. As we just saw in that example, sometimes he actually gets wide open and still no pass is thrown his way.

I really have no problem with him becoming our #1 next year in this offense with a new QB. With a great running game, good offensive line, and a defense that will improve just on the fact that they wont be playing half their snaps on our side of the 50 we will be a good team. Yeah it will suck to see Bowe leave and all that, but we can spend money elsewhere and be successful still. If we somehow manage to keep Albert + Bowe then even better, but Baldwin has shown in my opinion he can be a great receiving threat for years to come.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
I have done some researching on Baldwin almost every week to see if he "can't get open" like a lot of Raider and Donkey fans are stating. The fact is, the poor guy creates separation right off the bat because of his body. That alone warrants more passes thrown his way (just like Bowe). Secondly, he actually does get open quite often with his route running. As we just saw in that example, sometimes he actually gets wide open and still no pass is thrown his way.

I really have no problem with him becoming our #1 next year in this offense with a new QB. With a great running game, good offensive line, and a defense that will improve just on the fact that they wont be playing half their snaps on our side of the 50 we will be a good team. Yeah it will suck to see Bowe leave and all that, but we can spend money elsewhere and be successful still. If we somehow manage to keep Albert + Bowe then even better, but Baldwin has shown in my opinion he can be a great receiving threat for years to come.

Jamie Dukes says Baldwin is a loser.

Wink

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baldwin is one reason I'm leaning closer to Geno than Wilson. I think Geno throws a better deep ball and will use Baldwin better than Tyler.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we throw deep to Newsome when Charles is open and ignore Baldwin when he gets deep. Rolling Eyes Not that we didn't already know.

I love the comments at the end of that page criticizing Orton for having fewer pts a game than this team, without considering the time he'd been with the team, the lack of Charles, or the amount of total yardage he put up that kept other teams off the field.

I disagree with seeing more of Newsome, I would prefer to see Baldwin, Breaston, and Wylie get some action before we worry about PS guys. Not to mention the fact that Newsome was promoted over Hemingway likely means it should've been the other way around.

A86, Mccluster's had a decent season...I don't understand why you wouldn't be excited to see him with a good QB like you are with some of the others...hopefully we can find out for sure next year.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rumless

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's coaching these guys? Who's calling these plays?

I'm not sold on Baldwin being a bust. Our staff is a bust.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: