Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axel39leavell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Chiefs Mock Reply with quote

It's a bit unrealistic, but I enjoyed putting it together. I hope you guys enjoy it too!

Trades

Chiefs trade #1 overall to Eagles for #6, #35, #70, and #165.
Eagles move up 5 spots to select Jarvis Jones

Chiefs trade #6 overall to Jets for #9 and #40.
Jets hop up in front of Buffalo to grab Geno before the Bills do. The Chiefs realize there's is great value in the second round at the QB position. They hold out in the first to see if they can land the next Andy Dalton.

Draft

Round 1- With the 9th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Chiefs select
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

Manti Te'o falls right into the Chiefs lap at pick #9. I'm not buying into the hype that Teo is a top 3 pick. Definitely a top 10 pick, slips just enough for the Chiefs to snag him.

Round 2- With the 33rd overall pick in the NFL draft the Chiefs select
Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia.

The Chiefs get their quarterback in the second round. Murray has NFL star written all over him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler Wilson fall to the second as well. He's a great substitute if the Chiefs decide they don't like Murray.

Round 2- With the 35th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Chiefs select
Kenny Vacarro, Safety, Texas

Chiefs get the much needed safety depth with their second pick in the second round. Vacarro will make an impact immediately at safety. A Vacarro/Berry secondary would be scary.

Round 2- With the 40th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Chiefs select
David Amerson, CB, Florida State

The Chiefs solidify the secondary by selecting Amerson. With Vacarro and Amerson, the Chiefs will not have to worry about drafting a corner or safety for quite some time.

Round 3-With the 65th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Chiefs select
Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech

The Chiefs find a jewel in the deep Wide Reciever class in Patton. He has 1,400 yards receiving this year to go along with his 13 touchdowns. If Bowe leaves, the Chiefs will need to find a replacement.

Round 3- With the 70th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Chiefs select
Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State

Crichton has 9 sacks this year. The Chiefs hope he builds on that and becomes the pass rushing end they have been missing.

Round 3- Compensatory pick (Brandon Carr) With the 97th pick in the NFL Draft, the Chiefs select
Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

The Chiefs get rid of Hillis and replace him with a more skilled bruiser in Ball. The running back is a scoring machine and is unstoppable at the goal line.

Round 4- With the 98th pick in the NFL draft, the Chiefs select
Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State

Sims gives the Chiefs a bruising blocker with great hands. He can can the ball very well and can also use his size to be an above average pass and run blocker.

Round 5- Best OL available

Round 6-(2 picks) Best QB and DL available

Round 7- (2 picks) Best FB, and CB available

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you said it is unrealistic so I won't really criticize it too much. The only thing I will say is I would not take Murray. There are lots of other QB's I would take before Murray.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 picks in the first 4 rounds. Shocked

And yeah, I see no way Murray (Junior) comes out to be anything but a top 10 pick, and no way do I see him being a top 10 pick barring an amazing performance in the SEC champ and BCS champ games. He's got Matt Barkley measurables without nearly the production.

If we're waiting until the 2nd, it'd better be first with a solid vet to start in case we get hosed in the 2nd as well (i.e. Chad Henne or Alex Smith), and then I'd go:
Tyler Wilson
EJ Manuel
Zac Dysert
Mike Glennon

^ryknowssd on the sig
axel39leavell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
As you said it is unrealistic so I won't really criticize it too much. The only thing I will say is I would not take Murray. There are lots of other QB's I would take before Murray.

I think Tony Dungy is one of the smartest football minds ever. And he said he'd take Murray #1 overall. I can see why you wouldn't like him though. I know lots of people don't. It's pretty much a tossup this year with all of the quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
8 picks in the first 4 rounds. :shock:

And yeah, I see no way Murray (Junior) comes out to be anything but a top 10 pick, and no way do I see him being a top 10 pick barring an amazing performance in the SEC champ and BCS champ games. He's got Matt Barkley measurables without nearly the production.

If we're waiting until the 2nd, it'd better be first with a solid vet to start in case we get hosed in the 2nd as well (i.e. Chad Henne or Alex Smith), and then I'd go:
Tyler Wilson
EJ Manuel
Zac Dysert
Mike Glennon

I love Tyler Wilson too. I actually had him in there and switched to Murray at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a great draft if A. we could get that much out of this #1 choice
B. We needed defensive players
The Chief's defense is very solid, it is points we can't score!
Get more offensive in your draft!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedandGold

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets try and keep it real next time

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
axel39leavell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedandGold wrote:
lets try and keep it real next time

Haha why can't I just have fun with it? Nobody is going to perfectly predict the draft anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: