Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be the Chiefs next coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, dude has a Highway named after him that leads to a Stadium named after him. Some days when I was in Manhattan, you'd almost think the school was Snyder U.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Chip Kelly anyone? He is getting a lot of attention lately.

He's got himself an offensive mind to say the least but i dont know enough about him to say much more than that.
Tony Dungy recommended TB to him. NFL.com said he is top 7 hottest names. Chris Mortenson said he is a hot topic with GMs/Owners.

Sig bet
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard Bill Belicheck asked Chip Kelly about using Kelly's no huddle style, ie one word playcalling, and BB rarely if ever asks other coaches for advice.

Saban also asked Kelly for advice against LSU, again something he rarely does.

Hes well respected in coaching circles, and hes got an eye on the NFL. id definitely give him a chance.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be very interesting to hear how Kelly would communicate his ideas on adapting to the NFL - definitely worth sending out a feeler if our GM position gets filled by a solid talent evaluator and we could convince him to get on a plane for an interview. I imagine it would have to be a really convincing opportunity to tempt him. With Pioli on board, I definitely don't see that happening.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutsy move would be to bite the bullet and go the whole-hog Patriot route: sign Pioli to a long-term extension, and name as Head Coach MATT PATRICIA, the sexy defensive co-ordinator for New England!

MATT PATRICIA played at Rensselaer, coached at Rensselaer, and still has connections at Rensselaer so's the Chiefs would get insider info on their best prospects coming out.

Be pretty cool if the Chiefs were informally referred to as "New England South", eh? Or, how about "Pat's Pats", after Matt Patricia?

No coach named Patricia has ever failed at the NFL level!
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Ive heard Bill Belicheck asked Chip Kelly about using Kelly's no huddle style, ie one word playcalling, and BB rarely if ever asks other coaches for advice.

Hes well respected in coaching circles, and hes got an eye on the NFL. id definitely give him a chance.

BB was also said to have met with Urban Meyer every offseason for a few years in a row to get ideas about a spread offense. Their good relationship is rumored to be one of the main reasons BB drafted Aaron Hernandez even though they got Gronk earlier that same draft.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
EB29

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Gutsy move would be to bite the bullet and go the whole-hog Patriot route: sign Pioli to a long-term extension, and name as Head Coach MATT PATRICIA, the sexy defensive co-ordinator for New England!

MATT PATRICIA played at Rensselaer, coached at Rensselaer, and still has connections at Rensselaer so's the Chiefs would get insider info on their best prospects coming out.

Be pretty cool if the Chiefs were informally referred to as "New England South", eh? Or, how about "Pat's Pats", after Matt Patricia?

No coach named Patricia has ever failed at the NFL level!

not sure if serious....

.jpeg

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

BB was also said to have met with Urban Meyer every offseason for a few years in a row to get ideas about a spread offense. Their good relationship is rumored to be one of the main reasons BB drafted Aaron Hernandez even though they got Gronk earlier that same draft.

Yeah but Urban is well entrenched in OSU at this point. I don't see him leaving there any time soon.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Jim Tressel as HC?

He doesn't have any NFL experience except for the consultant job last year with the Colts. However, he's a coach that emphasizes discipline, strong defense, a complimentary offense, etc. He's very organized, and is a head coach in the sense that he doesn't get into the weeds too much.

Of course his choosing winning over following the rules and doing what was right has put a heavy blemish on him. I for one would be willing to overlook that, assuming he actually learned from that. He could be a really good fit to turn us around mentally, which might be our biggest challenge outside of QB.

Another option I don't believe anyone's really talked about yet is Vic Fangio, DC from the 49ers. Obviously he's done a great job getting that defense to play to their potential. He also runs a 3-4 so no big transition, he schemes around the weaknesses his players have, but most importantly has them playing with swagger and are one of the best tackling defenses in the league.

^ryknowssd on the sig
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ask another question: which somewhat SUCCESSFUL coach would risk his reputation to head coach a franchise operated by Pioli?

I'd do - under conditions definitely unacceptable to Mr. P. (read: pack your stuff and get out of town)
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Just ask another question: which somewhat SUCCESSFUL coach would risk his reputation to head coach a franchise operated by Pioli?

I'd do - under conditions definitely unacceptable to Mr. P. (read: pack your stuff and get out of town)

I think it's going to be a foregone certainty very soon that Pioli will be gone. No way do we continue to humiliate ourselves like this without him HAVING to go.

You are right though, if we don't fire him, our chances of getting anyone to come coach here are very small. I used to laugh at how the Raiders under Davis had to always go for a coach that was not very desirable (at least the last 10yrs or so after Gruden left). We are now that team, with the only difference being we can fire Pioli.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Mike McCoy from Denver. I want a cerebral NFL head coach. The last head coach we have had who I actually thought was a bright guy was - Vermeil. Both Haley and Romeo when you hear them talk you can tell neither one of them is that bright of a guy. Herm wasn't dumb by any means, but he wasn't the brightest guy either. I want a head coach who is very bright, and good with the X AND O'S. McCoy seems like an up and coming coach who is a good offensive mind, bright guy, seems like a good leader, but very cerebral and poised unlike Haley.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCoy is definitely someone I'd look at. I give him a lot of credit for making a huge transition from a normal offense to one that fit Tebow mid-season. Now he's working with Manning and not messing it up.

There should be a long list of potential candidates, but I think no matter what, that list will first be culled by our new GM. Whoever it is will have their vision for what they want in a HC, be it a high mo guy vs. someone more calm, or offensive minded vs. defensive minded, someone they are familiar with, what scheme they run, etc. Once we get a GM, we'll be able to narrow the list of HC possibilities some.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on my phone, so I can't link it, but ESPN just posted a story that the NFL voided the contract extension of Sean Payton and the Saints, which means he will be the most sought after Head Coach at the end of this season.

My guess would be that he will still sign another extension with NO, and Schefter even says something about maybe going to Dallas.

If it was possible, what are your thoughts on Payton as the coach?

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who wouldn't want Payton as their coach? However there is somewhere near a zero chance he chooses us over NO, Dallas, Philly, and possibly even Arizona.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: