Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be the Chiefs next coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piquel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmitt Thomas Dancing
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
And if we do go with a different HC, AND Pioli is still here, I want a strong experienced guy that will be a check to Pioli and not feel compelled to do what he wants on the field. That means Cowher, Gruden, and maybe 1-2 others.

If we get a new GM, then I'd much prefer a young up and comer that still has a lot to prove. Is there another Harbaugh brother? Sister even?

As far as Pioli hiring an established, veteran head coach - I would be shocked if Pioli would go for that kind of coach that could compromise his kingdom unless of course Clark Hunt looks to add a counterpart-type of coach to Pioli.

I agree, just stating what my hope/preference would be. I too only think this would happen if Clark got involved in the HC selection.

This is kind of why I'm either keep them all or fire them all. Retaining Pioli most likely means another subservient HC that will do his bidding. That's not what I want. Might as well keep Romeo and hope it's just a matter of time for them to gel together. I look at the Texans and see at least one example of patience with the FO paying off. Of course retaining both is only with a 1st round QB being added this year.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
And if we do go with a different HC, AND Pioli is still here, I want a strong experienced guy that will be a check to Pioli and not feel compelled to do what he wants on the field. That means Cowher, Gruden, and maybe 1-2 others.

If we get a new GM, then I'd much prefer a young up and comer that still has a lot to prove. Is there another Harbaugh brother? Sister even?

As far as Pioli hiring an established, veteran head coach - I would be shocked if Pioli would go for that kind of coach that could compromise his kingdom unless of course Clark Hunt looks to add a counterpart-type of coach to Pioli.

I have a tough time believing that if Crennel is gone, Pioli isn't... especially after that thorough coaching search last offseason, when Pioli landed on Crennel as "his guy" after interviewing quite a few people. I remember that official press conference after Crennel's interim tag was taken off. I hope Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt haven't forgotten about it already.
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Rumless wrote:
Muh boy Rob Ryan I'd love to see in red and gold.

Rob Ryan or even Rex Ryan would be interesting to have. We could keep the 3-4 defense albeit it would be a bit different, and both are proven winners in my opinion, especially Rex. It would add some much needed flare into our organization!

I would love to have Rob Ryan. I like Sexy Rex, but Rob is a different monster and Rex has admitted Rob is smarter than he is. If we clean house, I am praying that our new GM interviews Rob.
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

Rob Ryan or even Rex Ryan would be interesting to have. We could keep the 3-4 defense albeit it would be a bit different, and both are proven winners in my opinion, especially Rex. It would add some much needed flare into our organization!

I would love to have Rob Ryan. I like Sexy Rex, but Rob is a different monster and Rex has admitted Rob is smarter than he is. If we clean house, I am praying that our new GM interviews Rob.

I would consider him a dark horse canidate. he made the raiders legit, which is hard to do.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That'd be swallowing a big ol' pride burger, not sure Pioli is gonna do that.

I think it'd be cool to see Rob as our head coach and Rex and the D-coordinator. Wouldn't that be a frightening defensive duo? My only fear is while everything PLAYERS state is they love playing for Rex, he clearly lost the pulse of the Jets. I think coming back to the heartland and building a BA defense would be right up their alley. Plus those guys get more out of less, than any coaches in the NFL.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

That'd be swallowing a big ol' pride burger, not sure Pioli is gonna do that.

Well, it'd be at the demands of Hunt, at least in my vision. Pioli could take it or leave it. IMO, that would force Pioli to choose to take the deal and quite possibly actually have a successful combo like he had in NE, or choose to walk out almost certainly with no real future outside of NFL Network or something, because no way he gets a GM job again after all the BS that went on here, and simply put his record on the field.

^ryknowssd on the sig
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs...I'm sorry but I gotta tell you this. When I read your post I thought of Scott as an analyst...they cut to him, and he refuses to give up any of the information he had because he doesn't trust the media...lol.

Stupid I know, but still kinda funny.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Bigs...I'm sorry but I gotta tell you this. When I read your post I thought of Scott as an analyst...they cut to him, and he refuses to give up any of the information he had because he doesn't trust the media...lol.

Stupid I know, but still kinda funny.

He is actually quite funny and a good interview when your just BSing around. I could so see him booting Lombardi from NFL network.

^ryknowssd on the sig
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

The last thing you'd want, if you are a Chiefs fan, is a Ryan. Every Ryan flames out quickly. They may be amusing to listen to and certainly bring attention, but their coaching skills plateau rather quickly.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been considering someone lately that may not be a popular choice but - Wade Phillips?

I'm uncertain if his failure in Dallas was really on him or more on Jones meddling and the naming of Garrett as coach in waiting as soon as he was hired. Just seemed like a bad situation for Wade.

His HC record is pretty solid. Take a look.

Career record:

82590 (Regular Season)
15 (Postseason)
83640 (Overall)

My biggest interest in him would be his 3-4, which is much more of an attacking style. Secondly - he is a complete departure from the Patriot bloodlines (as far as I can tell - couldn't find a link in my limited research).

Pioli would have to be gone as well for this to work. I don't know who would be brought in to replace him but certainly someone with a strong internal presence while having no real public image - if that makes sense. Sometimes I think Pioli works to hard to protect what he has already done than what he's trying to do, again.. if that makes sense.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
I've been considering someone lately that may not be a popular choice but - Wade Phillips?

I'm uncertain if his failure in Dallas was really on him or more on Jones meddling and the naming of Garrett as coach in waiting as soon as he was hired. Just seemed like a bad situation for Wade.

Career record:

82590 (Regular Season)
15 (Postseason)
83640 (Overall)

My biggest interest in him would be his 3-4, which is much more of an attacking style. Secondly - he is a complete departure from the Patriot bloodlines (as far as I can tell - couldn't find a link in my limited research).

Pioli would have to be gone as well for this to work. I don't know who would be brought in to replace him but certainly someone with a strong internal presence while having no real public image - if that makes sense. Sometimes I think Pioli works to hard to protect what he has already done than what he's trying to do, again.. if that makes sense.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to interviewing Phillips. Not sure I am enamored with the idea of Phillips being our HC. I can't shake the feeling his best role might be as a coordinator - like Crennel.

Let's go get Ray Horton and call it a day.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

Career record:

82590 (Regular Season)
15 (Postseason)
83640 (Overall)

Hells to the naw. I got to witness Wade Phillips' ineptness first hand when I lived in Denver. My entire family is full of Broncos fans, so I watched every game from the Phillips era to the Reeves era, all the way up until now. That said, Phillips doesn't know how to motivate or create cohesiveness as a team. He's a utilitarian who is a very good Xs and Os guy and knows how to teach technique very well for pretty much every defensive position, but that's where his usefulness ends. I wouldn't be opposed to him being our DC, but only if we have a great motivational coach to keep the team together as one unit.

Do. Not. Want.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

Career record:

82590 (Regular Season)
15 (Postseason)
83640 (Overall)

I have had enough with coaches that have a lot of talent but cannot win in the playoffs.

This might seem opposed to what im saying but I want Marty to be the new GM. He knows how to build the team that can win, now we just need a HC that can finish the job.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The last thing you'd want, if you are a Chiefs fan, is a Ryan. Every Ryan flames out quickly. They may be amusing to listen to and certainly bring attention, but their coaching skills plateau rather quickly.

I feel like Rob gets a bad rap for his time in Oakland, where he was handcuffed to a 4-3. Rob is also not Rex. I want to see what a Rob-run team looks like.

A lot of fans really did like what Rob did for their D.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: