Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be the Chiefs next coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rumless wrote:
I'm slowly starting to like the idea of Chip Kelly as a coaching candidate.

But I refuse to hope.

Yeah, why on earth would he want to come here? Even with Pioli gone, why pick us over say Philly, Dallas, or San Diego? Heck, would he pick us over Cleveland or Carolina?

A new front office including a new GM could be a real wildcard. It all depends on who is brought in. If it is a well respected, innovative, and personable GM that really connects with a coach like Kelly then I could see him atleast talking to us. If Pioli does stay and Crennel is offered up as the sacrificial lamb I can honestly see us getting Eric Mangini as head coach.

Do you really think we can land him? That's being awfully optimistic.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

But I refuse to hope.

Yeah, why on earth would he want to come here? Even with Pioli gone, why pick us over say Philly, Dallas, or San Diego? Heck, would he pick us over Cleveland or Carolina?

A new front office including a new GM could be a real wildcard. It all depends on who is brought in. If it is a well respected, innovative, and personable GM that really connects with a coach like Kelly then I could see him atleast talking to us. If Pioli does stay and Crennel is offered up as the sacrificial lamb I can honestly see us getting Eric Mangini as head coach.

IMO, we would have a better chance without Pioli as GM than with. As it stands, I am sure he will be in pretty high demand if and when he decides to make the jump so there are likely going to be more attractive offers. That being said, there are alot of other candidates I would be just as happy to interview.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

But I refuse to hope.

IMO, we would have a better chance without Pioli as GM than with. As it stands, I am sure he will be in pretty high demand if and when he decides to make the jump so there are likely going to be more attractive offers. That being said, there are alot of other candidates I would be just as happy to interview.

I was being factious about actually being able to land Mangini, not Kelly. Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

But I refuse to hope.

I was being factious about actually being able to land Mangini, not Kelly. Laughing

Aww, bigs you got me. The thought that was the direction your comment was going did cross my mind!

You might be right, with the circus that is currently in town we might even have a hard time convincing Mangini to hop on board!

Laughing

My nightmare scenario is Pioli stays and the only coaching change is Mangini for Crennel and with the #2 overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select.....

......wait for it......

Landry Jones, quarterback, Oklahoma Sooners.

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Landry Jones, quarterback, Oklahoma Sooners.

I'd pick a new team to root for. Seriously. I'd consider coming back to the Chiefs if they ever figured out what a real QB looks like, but at this point, I've had enough of the heart-wrenching pain every year. Get me Geno, Tyler or Barkley and I'll be happy. Anything less and I'm liable to start hucking puppies off a bridge.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Piquel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/11/12/romeos-last-stand/

http://www.610sports.com/Danny-Parkins/10047503

Quote:
Then I heard an interesting theory from 610 Sports’ Danny Parkins. His thought was that these moves were a sign that Clark Hunt had essentially taken away Scott Pioli’s control and was allowing Crennel a chance to make some moves as he saw fit. The idea being that Pioli is for sure gone but Hunt is waiting to make it official until he has a replacement ready to take over (enter rumors that Marty Schottenheimer met with Clark last week?). With the decision on Pioli made, Clark decided to give Romeo one last chance to prove to whomever the new GM is going to be that he should be allowed to keep his job. So Romeo brings in Smith who he has wanted all along but Pioli didn’t think fit the “Right 53.” He also cuts the Pioli-signed Routt that many are now reporting didn’t buy into Romeo’s system and was taking a lot of Crennel’s time in practice. Think about it: has Pioli ever shown himself to be quick to admit a mistake?

That is something I didn't think of. The moves puzzled me as anti Pioli, perhaps this is why?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=488164
Quote:

1 Sep 09 1:00 PM ET Falcons
2 Sep 16 1:00 PM ET at Bills
3 Sep 23 1:00 PM ET at Saints
4 Sep 30 1:00 PM ET Chargers
5 Oct 07 1:00 PM ET Ravens
6 Oct 14 1:00 PM ET at Buccaneers
7 Bye
8 Oct 28 4:05 PM ET Raiders
9 Nov 01 8:20 PM ET at Chargers
10 Nov 12 8:30 PM ET at Steelers
11 Nov 18 1:00 PM ET Bengals
12 Nov 25 1:00 PM ET Broncos
13 Dec 02 1:00 PM ET Panthers
14 Dec 09 1:00 PM ET at Browns
15 Dec 16 4:15 PM ET at Raiders
16 Dec 23 1:00 PM ET Colts
17 Dec 30 4:15 PM ET at Broncos

I'm not too far off with our record from my preseason prediction, but I have got most of the games wrong lol. I hope my 7 game winning streak doesn't come true now, unless 8-8 gets us in the playoffs or we make it 8 in a row starting tonight with Pittsburgh and finish 9-7.
EB29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont need to worry about that happening lol

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Jay Gruden, OC of the Bengals? He's a WCO guy that I think will fit our guys pretty well, and he's done wonders grooming young QB's like Dalton and Freeman in his rookie year.[/u]

^ryknowssd on the sig
ptbarcus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
How about Jay Gruden, OC of the Bengals? He's a WCO guy that I think will fit our guys pretty well, and he's done wonders grooming young QB's like Dalton and Freeman in his rookie year.[/u]

I've been tossing his name around for awhile now and have decided I wouldn't hate that hire.

^All about Ryk^
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Chip Kelly more than anybody. Read this article about him if you want:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-action/201211/how-oregon-coach-chip-kelly-can-spark-moneyball-revolution-nfl

It talks about how he always makes the correct mathematical decision, which usually means going for it on 4th down more, etc. I mean, Chip Kelly is the guy that the great Bill Belichick sometimes asks advice from. I'd love to get Chip Kelly and either Barkley or Geno to start off fresh in KC.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I want Chip Kelly more than anybody. Read this article about him if you want:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-action/201211/how-oregon-coach-chip-kelly-can-spark-moneyball-revolution-nfl

It talks about how he always makes the correct mathematical decision, which usually means going for it on 4th down more, etc. I mean, Chip Kelly is the guy that the great Bill Belichick sometimes asks advice from. I'd love to get Chip Kelly and either Barkley or Geno to start off fresh in KC.

Idk, last night was some poor situational play-calling/game management. I've only watched Oregon against good competition, last night, LSU last couple of years, and the BCS championship game. I've always come away unimpressed.

Hey come identify mis-matches and come up with some good play calls, but overall his team has some big weaknesses that seem to never be addressed. The oline can't handle a good d-line, their defense is bad against running teams, and they just seem to be easily negated by a more complete team. I really don't think Kelly will be successful in the NFL.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Toub maybe? I still like the idea of Ray Horton.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

Hey come identify mis-matches and come up with some good play calls, but overall his team has some big weaknesses that seem to never be addressed. The oline can't handle a good d-line, their defense is bad against running teams, and they just seem to be easily negated by a more complete team. I really don't think Kelly will be successful in the NFL.

You do realize he's the HC for Oregon right? It's not like he's at USC and can get all the top recruits he wants. Oregon for all its beautiful green isn't the prime destination for many young people. It's not a surprise that his team is outmatched in some areas.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's in his 4th year at Oregon. It's a big time program now, and has been since their BCSCG appearance. They can get a lot of good recruits. IMO, that should no longer be THAT much of an issue.

Also, if he's such a genius, how come he can't figure out how to be successful on offense against good defenses? They play well enough some times, but then their defense lets them down.

He he's got a great offensive mind in many ways, but as a HC he's failed to address the same problems that seem to keep coming up. Adjustments aren't made in game, or even throughout 4 seasons.

^ryknowssd on the sig
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Whitlock, while I known he isn't well liked, brought up a couple of names on 610 this morning and one of them really intrigued me. I don't know how interested I would be, but it was a name that hasn't been thrown around before, so I was curious about everybody thought of it.

Bob Stoops Head Coach Oklahoma Sooners.

He has had great success at OU but seems to have lost a little magic. Is it time for him to "reinvent" himself at the professional level? Would he be willing to leave OU and try the NFL?

I am a big Mizzou fan and really dislike the Sooners, but something about Stoops intrigues me. Maybe it is just the idea of change, I don't know.

What do you all think about this possibility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: