Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 players based on this season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Top 10 players based on this season Reply with quote

I was perusing NFL Gen and came across a thread to list the 10 best players on your team based on this season only. When I created a list for the Packers, it was certainly a little surprising the names I found myself including. Here is what I've come up with. These are just in the order they came to mind. Nothing more. What are your thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Your 10?

1. Clay Matthews
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Randall Cobb
4. Tramon Williams
5. James Jones
6. Jerron McMillian
7. AJ Hawk
8. Tim Masthay
9. Casey Hayward
10. Erik Walden

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Raji is absolutely in the top 10. Sitton should be too, probably.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I know Raji is absolutely in the top 10. Sitton should be too, probably.

I feel like I really discounted line play. I need to go back and rewatch some games. Although as far as our offensive line goes, I don't think any of them have really been top 10. Sitton may be the closest but somewhere around 12ish.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Clay Matthews
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Tim Masthay
4. Randall Cobb
5. Cedric Benson Crying or Very sad
6. James Jones
7. Jerron McMillian
8. Erik Walden
9-11. Combo of Williams, Shields and Hayward

Kempes on the custom sig!
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews
Masthay
Cobb
Rodgers
Jones
Tramon
McMillian
Raji
Shields
Hayward
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Clay Matthews
2. BJ Raji
3. James Jones
4. Sam Shields
5. Randall Cobb
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. AJ Hawk
8. Ced Benson
9. Jerron McMillian
10. TJ Lang

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Matthews
Tim Masthay
AJ Hawk
Tramon Williams
James Jones
Aaron Rodgers
Josh Sitton
Erik Walden
Randall Cobb
BJ Raji
Jerron McMillian
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the 1st half of the Colts game and the 1st half of the Saints game so far. Trying to focus on Sitton and Raji. Sitton looks better than I'm giving him credit for. Raji not so much. I've seen him get good push on one play against the center. Other than that he's either getting stoned at the LOS or playing patty cake with the lineman. Dude needs to use his power more.

stallyns wrote:
byzr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Mathews
Randal Cobb
Tim Masthay
Cedric Benson
Aaron Rodgers
AJ Hawk
Nick Perry
Jerrel Worthy
Tramon Williams
Erik Walden

i won't put any of the offensive linemen on this list i feel they have been a huge liability all season long.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
Clay Mathews
Randal Cobb
Tim Masthay
Cedric Benson
Aaron Rodgers
AJ Hawk
Nick Perry
Jerrel Worthy
Tramon Williams
Erik Walden

i won't put any of the offensive linemen on this list i feel they have been a huge liability all season long.

IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Matthews
Aaron Rodgers
James Jones
Randall Cobb
Sam Shields
BJ Raji
AJ Hawk
Cedric Benson
Jerron McMillian
Tim Masthay

El Ramster on the amazing work
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodson not on anyone's top ten, wow. Who would have guessed?
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Woodson not on anyone's top ten, wow. Who would have guessed?

And James Jones on mostly everyones. Lots of rookies as well.

stallyns wrote:
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
I watched the 1st half of the Colts game and the 1st half of the Saints game so far. Trying to focus on Sitton and Raji. Sitton looks better than I'm giving him credit for. Raji not so much. I've seen him get good push on one play against the center. Other than that he's either getting stoned at the LOS or playing patty cake with the lineman. Dude needs to use his power more.

There's nothing wrong with a player holding the LOS, especially with the double teams he's seeing. Raji is most definitely a top 10 player so far. TJ Lang is also up there. I would potentially even say he's been better than Sitton on the other side so far this year.

AJ Hawk looks good when he doesn't have to play through a defender, unfortunately that's basically his role on our defense. We really have no one that can play through blockers. DJ Smith has not looked very great. Walden has been solid up front. Matthews has been beastin'.

Besides that, up front Pickett has been his solid self. Hard to argue he doesn't earn his keep when he's on the field. Worthy's been okay, but definitely anticipate improvement and a good career out of him. His first step really stands out.

Our secondary has been pretty damn inconsistent. Need to obviously rewatch the Saints/Colts game to get a better idea of what's going on back there. Through 3: Shields has stood out allowing just 1 catch for 1 yard according to my numbers (0 catches according to the guy that counts). Tramon has played well. Not '10 well, but well. Woodson's still feeling out his new role.

We have played A LOT of 3 and 4 safety defense, though in those 4 safety looks you can obviously classify Woodson a corner, but McMillan and Woodson have both gotten play around the LOS.

Easy to argue against anyone leaving Masthay off the list. He has been a top 5 player and has probably been top 5 in importance through 5 as well.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

There's nothing wrong with a player holding the LOS, especially with the double teams he's seeing. Raji is most definitely a top 10 player so far. TJ Lang is also up there. I would potentially even say he's been better than Sitton on the other side so far this year.

AJ Hawk looks good when he doesn't have to play through a defender, unfortunately that's basically his role on our defense. We really have no one that can play through blockers. DJ Smith has not looked very great. Walden has been solid up front. Matthews has been beastin'.

Besides that, up front Pickett has been his solid self. Hard to argue he doesn't earn his keep when he's on the field. Worthy's been okay, but definitely anticipate improvement and a good career out of him. His first step really stands out.

Our secondary has been pretty damn inconsistent. Need to obviously rewatch the Saints/Colts game to get a better idea of what's going on back there. Through 3: Shields has stood out allowing just 1 catch for 1 yard according to my numbers (0 catches according to the guy that counts). Tramon has played well. Not '10 well, but well. Woodson's still feeling out his new role.

We have played A LOT of 3 and 4 safety defense, though in those 4 safety looks you can obviously classify Woodson a corner, but McMillan and Woodson have both gotten play around the LOS.

Easy to argue against anyone leaving Masthay off the list. He has been a top 5 player and has probably been top 5 in importance through 5 as well.

I too think Raji is a top 10 player. We all saw how the defense stunk after he left.

Matthews
Rodgers
Benson
Cobb
Masthay
Walden
Hawk
Raji
Sheilds
Hayward

Jones would be my #11. Its rather sad to see Masthay on everyone's list. I'd rather he didn't see the field. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: