Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first attempt at a mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
So, after next Sundays lose to the Texans, the Pack goes 12-0???????????
Lets be realistic, try a 9-7, 8-8 record for this year. Now, do a draft. I see the Pack falling back in the middle of the pack this year. Then we have another good draft and in 2013 we are on top again.

Did you even bother looking at what time this was posted genius?

not only that but I don't see why 10+ wins is that unrealistic. This is still the same team we thought they were. Things haven't been clicking but that doesn't mean they can't or won't.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kenrik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade up for T'eo SmileSmile
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
Lets be realistic, try a 9-7, 8-8 record for this year. Now, do a draft. I see the Pack falling back in the middle of the pack this year. Then we have another good draft and in 2013 we are on top again.

not only that but I don't see why 10+ wins is that unrealistic. This is still the same team we thought they were. Things haven't been clicking but that doesn't mean they can't or won't.

Exactly my thoughts, 8-3 the rest of the year is not unrealistic in my mind. Also, we still have 5 divisional games left meaning we have the opportunity to make ground up fast for the division.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Jleisher wrote:

Very much this. They better start playing with the same urgency they had in 2010. This team is capable of going on a serious run if it is healthy, but wow, they need to get healthy and focussed in a hurry now.

As far as the draft, Unless there is a premier CB, WR (Rhodes, Allen, Hunter) or Barret Jones sitting there, there are few options I would take above Lattimore. CedBen is proof of what this offense could be with a real running threat. Without CedBen, MM has no confidence in running the ball at all. Lattimore would give him that confidence and settle the entire oline and Arod down when rhythm in the passing game is lacking. It will also shorten the game for the D, something that was sorely needed in yesterday's game when Raji went down.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Jleisher wrote:

Very much this. They better start playing with the same urgency they had in 2010. This team is capable of going on a serious run if it is healthy, but wow, they need to get healthy and focussed in a hurry now.

As far as the draft, Unless there is a premier CB, WR (Rhodes, Allen, Hunter) or Barret Jones sitting there, there are few options I would take above Lattimore. CedBen is proof of what this offense could be with a real running threat. Without CedBen, MM has no confidence in running the ball at all. Lattimore would give him that confidence and settle the entire oline and Arod down when rhythm in the passing game is lacking. It will also shorten the game for the D, something that was sorely needed in yesterday's game when Raji went down.

I get the desire for a star RB, but I just don't view Lattimore as a fit for this offense. He's a straight line bruiser and that type of RB generally needs 20-25 carries or more to really get untracked. I don't see him as a RB that would be successful unless he is fed the ball and I just can't see the Packers doing that with ANY RB. I kinda see him as similar to Mark Ingram with the Saints. He just isn't going to get enough carries to work into a lather and get grinding. That's why I look for slasher or scat type RBs when I'm trying to find fits for the Packers' offense.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Benavides and Geathers picks. Benavides really dominated against the highly regarded UNC DT Sylvester Williams. Geathers would be a great big body to move around the D-Line and spell Raji.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Jleisher wrote:

I get the desire for a star RB, but I just don't view Lattimore as a fit for this offense. He's a straight line bruiser and that type of RB generally needs 20-25 carries or more to really get untracked. I don't see him as a RB that would be successful unless he is fed the ball and I just can't see the Packers doing that with ANY RB. I kinda see him as similar to Mark Ingram with the Saints. He just isn't going to get enough carries to work into a lather and get grinding. That's why I look for slasher or scat type RBs when I'm trying to find fits for the Packers' offense.

I think the Pack already have that to a degree in Green, they just need to give him the ball. I do not think MM is confident in him because he has not had a chance to do it yet. Otherwise you are looking at Randle or Gillislee, or Barner.
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Jleisher wrote:

I think the Pack already have that to a degree in Green, they just need to give him the ball. I do not think MM is confident in him because he has not had a chance to do it yet. Otherwise you are looking at Randle or Gillislee, or Barner.

I think that Lattimore would give us, at a minimum, the same thing Cedric gives us. From what I have seen of Lattimore he gets to the hole quickly and hits it with authority. Now, I agree that his style is suited best for a team that will give him a lot of touches, but I think he would give us at least what we have now, but probably more considering he is, in my opinion, more talented than Cedric at this point of Cedric's career. At this point if Cedric is gone next year and Green stays stagnant in his development, I would be thrilled to land Lattimore. Also, Lattimore has been used more in the passing game this year, so maybe he can be a good third down back, he just has been given the opportunity.

I would much rather Green develop and pick up for Cedric, I just do not know yet. Green is still unknown seeing that this is really our first look at him, plus he is still coming back from the knee injury. If Green shows the promise to be the guy we can get productivity out then I am all for going a different direction in the draft and getting more of a scat back like Barner in the latter rounds. Plus it allows us to use the first round pick on someone else.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Jleisher wrote:

I think that Lattimore would give us, at a minimum, the same thing Cedric gives us. From what I have seen of Lattimore he gets to the hole quickly and hits it with authority. Now, I agree that his style is suited best for a team that will give him a lot of touches, but I think he would give us at least what we have now, but probably more considering he is, in my opinion, more talented than Cedric at this point of Cedric's career. At this point if Cedric is gone next year and Green stays stagnant in his development, I would be thrilled to land Lattimore. Also, Lattimore has been used more in the passing game this year, so maybe he can be a good third down back, he just has been given the opportunity.

I would much rather Green develop and pick up for Cedric, I just do not know yet. Green is still unknown seeing that this is really our first look at him, plus he is still coming back from the knee injury. If Green shows the promise to be the guy we can get productivity out then I am all for going a different direction in the draft and getting more of a scat back like Barner in the latter rounds. Plus it allows us to use the first round pick on someone else.

This mock is assuming our RB situation doesn't improve and with Benson's age, Green's productivity and Saine not existing a sure bet on a back is the easiest way to improve this team sooner rather then later. Lattimore may not be the flashy type, but I think of him as a rich man's Benson at worst at the next level. I don't buy the argument Lattimore will need 20 carries a game to be consistent, his vision and leg drive alone should keep his YPC pretty adequate for what this offense needs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A running back in the first round.... What is this, 1990?
rbens06

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
rbens06 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Jleisher wrote:

This mock is assuming our RB situation doesn't improve and with Benson's age, Green's productivity and Saine not existing a sure bet on a back is the easiest way to improve this team sooner rather then later. Lattimore may not be the flashy type, but I think of him as a rich man's Benson at worst at the next level. I don't buy the argument Lattimore will need 20 carries a game to be consistent, his vision and leg drive alone should keep his YPC pretty adequate for what this offense needs.

I assumed as much seeing that if Green shows potential during Benson's absence then we probably roll with him going into next year. I see Lattimore in a similar light too. I think that what we have in Benson right now is someone that finds the hole and is able to hit the hole quickly enough to gain positive yards. This has been exactly what Lattimore has done at South Carolina, and like you eluded to his legs are fresher and has more power than Benson. I understand the volume back viewpoint of him and agree that you will get the most value out of Lattimore on a team that will feed him the rock 20-25 times a game. However, like you mentioned I do not think he needs those 20-25 touches to be effective. I think that he can provide an effective run game for us that makes the defense think a split second longer/focus in the backfield a split second longer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: