Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Houston most complete team i have seen in awile?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Brett Favre was so on fire that year and we had Sidney Rice and he was actually good then. Sad

Sidney is still good Crying or Very sad

Russell Wilson isn't good enough to hit him consistently yet.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:

Foster+Ben Tate=Adrian peterson

2009 Adrian Peterson is easilly the best RB of the three. Given the choice between Arian Foster & Ben Tate or Adrian Peterson & Chester Taylor, I think most people would take Peterson/Taylor just to have Peterson.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

2009 Adrian Peterson is easilly the best RB of the three. Given the choice between Arian Foster & Ben Tate or Adrian Peterson & Chester Taylor, I think most people would take Peterson/Taylor just to have Peterson.

Yeah.

Besides, unless injuries strike, Foster+Tate=Foster. Its not like you can put them on the field together.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Rosstafarian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Peterson and Steve Hutchinson in his prime.
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Idk I mean I agree AP is better than all three but as a running back unit I'd say Foster and Tate = AP and Taylor.

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most incomplete thing about the Texans is their QB. Schaub is decent, for sure...but when you talk about a completely complete team, you want better than Schaub at the helm.

And you also have to wonder about their #2 receiving threat. I'm not sure that's where it should be either.

But ultimately, the Falcon and Texans appear to be the most complete teams this year. They're respectable in every aspect of the game, exception in quite a few. However, i honestly don't think the Texans offense is on the same level as what the Falcons group is capable of, and i'm not sure that's enough to make up for the defecit in defensive play at this point.
norg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehh not really

RT Rookie
RG Rookie ..if cladwell is still hurt

WR3 Rookie

TE2 First time starter in Graham

thoes are the young bucks on our O but yeah if they can play at a high level we wont miss a beat

but i guess its the so called Triplets Schaub ,Andre,Foster is whats going to decided everything IMO

but its so crazy now our season will depend on how the D plays its not even about the triplets Anymore LOL we are kinda like SF from a year ago has long has thoes 3 can grind it out and not turn the ball over we will be fine
norg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
The most incomplete thing about the Texans is their QB. Schaub is decent, for sure...but when you talk about a completely complete team, you want better than Schaub at the helm.

And you also have to wonder about their #2 receiving threat. I'm not sure that's where it should be either.

But ultimately, the Falcon and Texans appear to be the most complete teams this year. They're respectable in every aspect of the game, exception in quite a few. However, i honestly don't think the Texans offense is on the same level as what the Falcons group is capable of, and i'm not sure that's enough to make up for the defecit in defensive play at this point.

we acctually beat the Falcons last year without Schaub and without Andre i think

they got good weapons White Julio Gonzles come to think of it IDK how we managed to beat them last year with a 5th round rookie QB
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, they ain't so complete. Their offensive playmakers have history of injury concerns, so until they go a full season with everyone available and do something serious in the playoffs, they ain't complete.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norg wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

we acctually beat the Falcons last year without Schaub and without Andre i think

they got good weapons White Julio Gonzles come to think of it IDK how we managed to beat them last year with a 5th round rookie QB

we didn't have Grimes. We also didn't have Samuel at the time and our coordinators sucked.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Gee, I took that to mean it takes those three together to equal Peterson...? Think

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Houston most complete team i have seen in awile? Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Is it just me. Or are these texans just so damn complete.

From defense they are good as anyone. The passing game has the ability to win shootouts and score at will. And the running game is just so damn efficent. Never seen a team who has the potential to be top 5 in every aspect of the game.

Over the years we seen elite teams with 1 or 2 of these traits. But this is the first time iam seeing all 3.

Last team i can remm who was great at defense, pass, run was the 2004 patriots and they didnt have a elite Wr like johnson.

Maybe we can wait for them to play a team that is near the top end of the league.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are outstanding and they are the best team in the NFL... that being said, they have played some scrubs.

Beast
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best team I've seen since the 49ers a couple of weeks ago.

Pretty sure this board has just cursed the Texans as well... Laughing
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came in here to mention the 09 Vikings, but I see that has been done already. Texans are obviously very good, but I wouldn't put too much into their statistics until they play some tougher competition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: