Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you guys be interested in Carson Palmer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tacos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Would you guys be interested in Carson Palmer? Reply with quote

I don't know how the year is going to go for any of us, but you definitely have the far more talented team and I think you might not get a high enough pick for a good QB without trading up because of it.

Hypothetically, we get a top 3 pick and nab a QB and let Palmer go because of his contract, do you think your team would be more likely to sign him than draft a QB?

I don't know, I can't see you guys picking in the top 5 and I liked Stanzi (Hows he doing by the way?).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't want Palmer largely because I think he's mostly washed up, and I simply don't want another UFA QB. I want us to draft and develop our guy in our system, with our players.

I have no idea even if we are at #1 if we'd draft a QB. I'd certainly hope so, but who knows.

I like Stanzi's potential, but he's yet to show much of anything other then some ability to make a little out of nothing with the 3rd team in pre-season. Our FO is apparently high on him, but he's currently 3rd string. At this point, I think he will most likely be a back-up for quite a while barring injury. Chances are he won't get a shot this year, and that'll be because we continue to languish with Cassel, or we will get a new FO, and I doubt they will put any faith in him going forward, outside of a back-up.

^ryknowssd on the sig
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give cassel and a 2020 pick for Palmer.

Seriously, we have not played horribly, except for the detail of turn overs. The seasson is very salvageable. Tampa Bay this week is winnable, even on the road. Then we get two weeks to set up the next set of games. Chargers and Steelers back to back is a bear, but the rest of the schedule is mild by NFL standards, and cupcake compared to what we just slogged through.

J

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
I would give cassel and a 2020 pick for Palmer.

Seriously, we have not played horribly, except for the detail of turn overs. The seasson is very salvageable. Tampa Bay this week is winnable, even on the road. Then we get two weeks to set up the next set of games. Chargers and Steelers back to back is a bear, but the rest of the schedule is mild by NFL standards, and cupcake compared to what we just slogged through.

J

Mild schedule or not, this team has to cut down on turnovers and drastically or you might as well wish to get that 1st overall pick.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for Cassel straight up I would. Not much else.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

OUCH !!

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you guys be interested in Carson Palmer? Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
I don't know how the year is going to go for any of us, but you definitely have the far more talented team and I think you might not get a high enough pick for a good QB without trading up because of it.

Hypothetically, we get a top 3 pick and nab a QB and let Palmer go because of his contract, do you think your team would be more likely to sign him than draft a QB?

I don't know, I can't see you guys picking in the top 5 and I liked Stanzi (Hows he doing by the way?).

Wow, weren't YOU the guy saying he was just as good as Peton Manning ?? Laughing Laughing

And now you're saying the Raiders will let him walk after ther season...great ROI there bro !!

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Tacos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you guys be interested in Carson Palmer? Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Wow, weren't YOU the guy saying he was just as good as Peton Manning ?? Laughing Laughing

And now you're saying the Raiders will let him walk after ther season...great ROI there bro !!

Huh? You can go through my post history, I don't think I've talked up any Oakland player besides DMC on this website. There was a gameday thread where I talked about not liking how the media said Denver was a surefire win against us (regardless of losing, I still don't think we couldn't have won) because I think Peyton's deep ball gets ugly, but I've always been against Carson signing with us and have been very vocal about not being a fan. I will defend that he's done his job this year, though.

I think you have me mixed with someone else or have misinterpreted something I've said.

That aside, I was just curious because if you guys don't get whatever QB's are 'studs' in the draft would you settle for a mid first pick that is most likely a reach or go Vet.

It appears you want to groom 'your guy', which I think is a good idea. I'd like to see you guys get a gunslinger like Bray, personally.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

OUCH !!

Palmer is better than that. But he is not a good fit for what the Raiders are doing. Old style, Al Davis football, would fit much better.

J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill trade tyler palko for palmer, im sure we can sign palko to a conitional deal before the trade.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: