Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ezekiel Ansah DE / OLB BYU
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Ezekiel Ansah DE / OLB BYU Reply with quote

Given his physical freakness, (I know that's not a word) 6'6 270 10.9 100 meters, and his personal story Ansah is a favorite of the announcers during BYU games, and given that BYU always plays at odd times, I've watched three games of theirs in a row. What exactly is Ansah's draft status? He's raw, but is production is nowhere near his talent. That being said there's a bit of Adalius Thomas in his versitility, and JPP in his explosiveness. I'd venture to guess round 3-5. Is Izzy Idonije a valid comparison?

Last edited by alfalcone on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had not heard of him until I saw MetaDraft put up a video. He looks very athletic, but he plays high and while showing some good strength at times, when he plays high he gets driven back. Definitely a guy to watch.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him a lot. I've had him on my board for a while. I do think he needs a lot of very good coaching before a team gets any kind of return out of him. He has tools teams drool over but I don't think he is a guy who can give you much if anything at all in his first year or even two. As long as he can do well on special teams he should stick around the NFL long enough to develop into a very good DLineman.

Jamison on the sig
coach4fu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van Noy hides him a bit.
johnmpasq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted another Video of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4NawUsjtc

i need to find out how old he is. These BYU guys are sometimes 25 or 26. He is a RS Senior as well.

He looks like a 1st rounder 2 me on athletic ability. The motor is there he finds the ball, He can play inside. For a guy that has barely played the game his instincts are very good. Im very impressed the NY Giants will be all over this guy
johnmpasq

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Brugler on Twitter found out he turned 23 years old in May. I was worried he was 25 already like some of BYU prospects. He looks like a first round pick to me. He is definitely a top 5 DE for me already from what ive seen. If he keeps this up he will probably be my Top DE in this class
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Ezekiel Ansah compare to Florida State senior defensive end Cornellius Carradine? Could both of these prospects end up being hot names come draft time and end up going higher than many expect?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what scheme do you guys think he fits best in?

new sig... sorry alex
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is completely overrated, he does have tremendous size/speed combo but he needs a ton of work. He should not be taken until the 6th round where you take project players. He will need to sit on a practice squad and develop.
FYI he goes by "Ziggy"

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
This guy is completely overrated, he does have tremendous size/speed combo but he needs a ton of work. He should not be taken until the 6th round where you take project players. He will need to sit on a practice squad and develop.
FYI he goes by "Ziggy"

Players with his freakish talent go higher than 6th even if they have a ton of work. I agree with you, however, those who are saying he has JPP potential and he could go that high are way overrated him. I currently have a 4th-5th round grade on him with potential to move up, but I don't see Top 40. I need to watch more of him.

Jamison on the sig
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
How does Ezekiel Ansah compare to Florida State senior defensive end Cornellius Carradine? Could both of these prospects end up being hot names come draft time and end up going higher than many expect?

Carradine is much further ahead of Ansah. Carradine could definitely be a top 2 round draft pick. Ansah would need to work on a ton to get anywhere near that.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
johnmpasq

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
FYI he goes by "Ziggy"

Players with his freakish talent go higher than 6th even if they have a ton of work. I agree with you, however, those who are saying he has JPP potential and he could go that high are way overrated him. I currently have a 4th-5th round grade on him with potential to move up, but I don't see Top 40. I need to watch more of him.
I think your underrating just how good physically he is. He lines up at DT then the next play he is dropping 10 yards in zone coverage . His closing speed is fantastic. Instincts wise he is way ahead of what a 3rd year Football player should look like. I want to see how he does against a legitimate Top 10 program like Notre Dame. hopefully he gets into a Bowl game with an elite tackle to go against. let the NY Giants coaches get a hold of this kid and he will be an elite player.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnmpasq wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
FYI he goes by "Ziggy"

I think your underrating just how good physically he is. He lines up at DT then the next play he is dropping 10 yards in zone coverage . His closing speed is fantastic. Instincts wise he is way ahead of what a 3rd year Football player should look like. I want to see how he does against a legitimate Top 10 program like Notre Dame. hopefully he gets into a Bowl game with an elite tackle to go against. let the NY Giants coaches get a hold of this kid and he will be an elite player.

Didn't say he wouldn't be elite. I've watched more of him than probably 95% of this board. I've been high on him before he became a hot topic. I really like him and believe he will be a great NFL player when coached up. He's just not on the level of JPP sorry not yet. Well see by the end of the year how high he can go but right now I don't see a Top 40 pick.

Jamison on the sig
johnmpasq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
johnmpasq wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
FYI he goes by "Ziggy"

Didn't say he wouldn't be elite. I've watched more of him than probably 95% of this board. I've been high on him before he became a hot topic. I really like him and believe he will be a great NFL player when coached up. He's just not on the level of JPP sorry not yet. Well see by the end of the year how high he can go but right now I don't see a Top 40 pick.

Of course he isnt the level of JPP but this is what he is Big,Fast,Quick, Instinctive,motor. Id take that over not technically sound every day of the week. Im not a big stats guy but in this case look at all the plays he is making already. This is a guy thats barely played football. Lets say he stays at this pace for the whole season and finishes with 60 Tackles 19 TFL 7 Sacks , 7 passes defended. Those numbers would be better then what JPP put up at South Florida. Now tell me why he couldnt go in the 1st round. He is slightly bigger then Paul was ,He has better closing speed, he is more fluid in space. There is a lot here.
sputney23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's really violent with his hands

NS922 On the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: