Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank the QB's in order that you would pick them...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Rank the QB's in order that you would pick them... Reply with quote

Taking everything into account...age, potential, your current team, consider how ready your team is to win now when choosing between a young still improving star and a 30 ish established franchise QB, etc...Rank your top 10 and/or bottom 10 or however many you want.

Player/Age:

RG3-22
Rodgers-28
Newton-23-RG'3's accuracy and decision making will prove to be the difference...but not by much.
Freeman-24 (I think his 2nd year was the real deal, last year was the result of a young QB on a bad team...combination of big arm, running ability, shown ability to avoid picks, and relative lack of weapons he's had puts him slightly above a guy like Stafford...He'd be a hometown hero in KC, which puts him above Luck...for now.)
Luck-23
Big Ben-30
Rivers-30
Bradford-24 (Much like Freeman, I think he'd of broken out by now with decent weapons, but in a year or two he will regardless.)
Stafford-24 (Too low? He just scares me a little...possible chronic INT issue in his future? Still, a definite franchise QB. Bigger arm than Bradford, but given the same team, i'll take Sam's accuracy.)
Brees-33
Vick-32-he needs a team like the Chiefs that won't call so many passes.
Romo-32 (
Brady-35
Manning-36
Locker-24
R.Wilson-23
Flacco-27
Ryan-27
Schaub-31-yeah, better than Eli...he never has INT problems and consistently has higher ypa than Eli.
Cutler-29-he may need some refining/coaching, but he's got two years on Eli and may have more potential if he has a good line. Eli throws just as many picks with better teams around him.
Manning-31-too many picks, even when the run game is good...only one season above 8 ypa. Maybe he stays that good, but he's 31 now, some things may decline. He certainly played well in the playoffs, but I still think the D-Line is the breadwinner.

Tannehill-24
Dalton-24
McCoy-26 Never gonna be a top QB, but deserves a chance with some talent around him. What he did his first two years with no help is more impressive than he gets credit for. He's ahead of Alex Smith at this point in their career and I could see him reaching that level or a little better.
Ponder-24
A.Smith-28
Gabbert-22
Flynn-27
Sanchez-25-couple more games like that and he could move up quit a bit.
Henne-27
Campbell-30
Palmer-32
Fitz-29
Orton-29
Tebow-25-yeah Chiefs fans, we'd win more games with Tebow than Cassel. The biggest issue is Cassel can't make a play when the going gets tough or a play breaks down...that's the one thing Tebow can do. Cassel would be better in normal situations, but even then as often as he misses opportunities it's not enough of an overall advantage.
Kolb-28
Weeden-28...has talent, but too old and hasn't yet proven anything.
Cassel-30

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
dahobofest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers - Only Quarterback that I think could do better behind the Cowboys' offensive line than Romo.

Romo - What other player (other than Rodgers) would do better in the Cowboys' system and behind that offensive line than Romo who has been in it for a few years?

Newton

Luck

Matt Ryan

Stafford

Griffin

Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Vick

Flacco

Rivers

Ben

Schaub

Wilson

After that, I wouldn't really want any of them.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knocking your choices, but Freeman over Ben? I get the age thing...but he hasnt proven anything yet.

Ill just do my top 5....

1. Aaron Rodgers - Mobile, can deal with a porous OLine and IMO is the best QB in the game right now.

2. Big Ben - Might seem like a homer pick, but the dude has proven results and is a great fit for this organization. Tough, hardnosed and a drive to win.

3. Phillip Rivers - Has the best deep ball in football IMO and would do damage with our current weapons.

4. Cam Newton - Im still not completely sold on him, but I see alot of Big Ben qualities in him. He does some things better than Ben and some not as good, but I think his overall upside is higher than Ben's ever was.

5. Andrew Luck - Amazing upside, mobile and could be part of the next generation since the Steelers are transitioning.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to do all these QBs so I'll do a top 10 of guys under 30 years old.

1. Rodgers
2. Stafford
3. Newton
4. Luck
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Flacco
8. Cutler
9. Locker
10. Ponder
11. Freeman

Also on a side note: how is Bradford more accurate than Stafford? Over the last two seasons, Bradford has a comp% of 53.5% and 60% and Stafford is at 63.4% and 59.4%. I never really get the sense that Bradford is so much more accurate than Stafford. I think people have been holding on to that idea since that game vs the Patriots in the preseason last year for Bradford.

Also its almost comical to suggest that Schuab is better than Eli at this point. Higher YPA doesn't win games. Schaub isn't a consistent winner. I would take Eli over Schaub all day.

Seems like alot of your predictions you are basing off of random projections like Stafford with "chronic INT issue", Bradford "breaking out regardless", and Eli "may decline".

Also from what Freeman has shown so far, I really don't think his second season can be considered anything more than a random outlier at this point. Last year he was terrible at making decisions and had a better team than Stafford did when Stafford first came into the league so I don't know how the bad team moniker applies to him but not Stafford.

Eli would never make the throws that Cutler did yesterday. Almost half of his passes were just lobbed up with no accuracy. And we wasn't lobbing it up, he threw passes that were late that resulted in INTs.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny Finch could be a better QB than what we have on our roster right now(Weeden and McCoy) and she's better looking than Brady Quinn. Jenny Finch for MVP!

Jamison on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Rodgers - Only Quarterback that I think could do better behind the Cowboys' offensive line than Romo.

Romo - What other player (other than Rodgers) would do better in the Cowboys' system and behind that offensive line than Romo who has been in it for a few years?

Newton

Luck

Matt Ryan

Stafford

Griffin

Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Vick

Flacco

Rivers

Ben

Schaub

Wilson

After that, I wouldn't really want any of them.

What? Brees is MUCH better than Romo and he's only one year older.

#TeamManfred
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Rodgers
2. Newton
3. Stafford
4. Luck
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Flacco
8. Brees
9. Brady
10. Eli Manning
11. Romo
12. Locker

---

Bottom 5 of starters: Weeden, Cassel, Fitzpatrick, Kolb, Palmer

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Rank the QB's in order that you would pick them... Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Taking everything into account...age, potential, your current team, consider how ready your team is to win now when choosing between a young still improving star and a 30 ish established franchise QB, etc...Rank your top 10 and/or bottom 10 or however many you want.

Player/Age:

RG3-22
Rodgers-28
Newton-23-RG'3's accuracy and decision making will prove to be the difference...but not by much.
Freeman-24 (I think his 2nd year was the real deal, last year was the result of a young QB on a bad team...combination of big arm, running ability, shown ability to avoid picks, and relative lack of weapons he's had puts him slightly above a guy like Stafford...He'd be a hometown hero in KC, which puts him above Luck...for now.)
Luck-23
Big Ben-30
Rivers-30
Bradford-24 (Much like Freeman, I think he'd of broken out by now with decent weapons, but in a year or two he will regardless.)
Stafford-24 (Too low? He just scares me a little...possible chronic INT issue in his future? Still, a definite franchise QB. Bigger arm than Bradford, but given the same team, i'll take Sam's accuracy.)
Brees-33
Vick-32
Romo-32 (
Brady-35
Manning-36
Locker-24
R.Wilson-23
Flacco-27
Ryan-27
Schaub-31-yeah, better than Eli...he never has INT problems and consistently has higher ypa than Eli.
Cutler-29-he may need some refining/coaching, but he's got two years on Eli and may have more potential if he has a good line. Eli throws just as many picks with better teams around him.
Manning-31-too many picks, even when the run game is good...only one season above 8 ypa. Maybe he stays that good, but he's 31 now, some things may decline. He certainly played well in the playoffs, but I still think the D-Line is the breadwinner.

Tannehill-24
Dalton-24
McCoy-26 Never gonna be a top QB, but deserves a chance with some talent around him. What he did his first two years with no help is more impressive than he gets credit for.
Ponder-24
A.Smith-28
Gabbert-22
Flynn-27
Sanchez-25-couple more games like that and he could move up quit a bit.
Henne-27
Campbell-30
Palmer-32
Fitz-29
Orton-29
Tebow-25-yeah Chiefs fans, we'd win more games with Tebow than Cassel. The biggest issue is Cassel can't make a play when the going gets tough or a play breaks down...that's the one thing Tebow can do. Cassel would be better in normal situations, but even then as often as he misses opportunities it's not enough of an overall advantage.
Kolb-28
Weeden-28...has talent, but too old and hasn't yet proven anything.
Cassel-30

I'm sorry but Bradford has shown literally nothing to be above Stafford. You use accuracy as your reason despite the fact that by either the numbers or the naked eye Stafford is more accurate than Bradford. There is literally zero validity to any argument of Bradford over Stafford *to this point*.

2014 AAL: Larry Webster III
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Cam Newton
3. Philip Rivers
4. Drew Brees
5. Matthew Stafford
6. Andrew Luck
7. Robert Griffin III
8. Matt Ryan
9. Ben Roethlisberger
10. Eli Manning
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going forward this is how i would take them:

1. A. Rodgers
2. R. Griffin lll
3. C. Newton
4. A. Luck
5. J. Flacco
6. M. Stafford
7. M. Ryan
8. J. Cutler
9. C. Ponder
10. A. Dalton

HM: R. Wilson, B. Gabbert

I went with all players who are under 30, as yall can see.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
I'm not going to do all these QBs so I'll do a top 10 of guys under 30 years old.

1. Rodgers
2. Stafford
3. Newton
4. Luck
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Flacco
8. Cutler
9. Locker
10. Ponder
11. Freeman

Also on a side note: how is Bradford more accurate than Stafford? Over the last two seasons, Bradford has a comp% of 53.5% and 60% and Stafford is at 63.4% and 59.4%. I never really get the sense that Bradford is so much more accurate than Stafford. I think people have been holding on to that idea since that game vs the Patriots in the preseason last year for Bradford.

Also its almost comical to suggest that Schuab is better than Eli at this point. Higher YPA doesn't win games. Schaub isn't a consistent winner. I would take Eli over Schaub all day.

Seems like alot of your predictions you are basing off of random projections like Stafford with "chronic INT issue", Bradford "breaking out regardless", and Eli "may decline".

Also from what Freeman has shown so far, I really don't think his second season can be considered anything more than a random outlier at this point. Last year he was terrible at making decisions and had a better team than Stafford did when Stafford first came into the league so I don't know how the bad team moniker applies to him but not Stafford.

Eli would never make the throws that Cutler did yesterday. Almost half of his passes were just lobbed up with no accuracy. And we wasn't lobbing it up, he threw passes that were late that resulted in INTs.

Give Bradford Megatron and lets see how good he looks then. Bradford is very, very accurate but has never had a thing to work with except Lloyd for a total of 2-3 weeks. Stafford has the luxury of the best receiving toy in the NFL. Megatron could make anyone look good.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

1. Rodgers
2. Stafford
3. Newton
4. Luck
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Flacco
8. Cutler
9. Locker
10. Ponder
11. Freeman

Give Bradford Megatron and lets see how good he looks then. Bradford is very, very accurate but has never had a thing to work with except Lloyd for a total of 2-3 weeks. Stafford has the luxury of the best receiving toy in the NFL. Megatron could make anyone look good.

Agreed for the most part.

Stafford is a good QB who had an absurd amount of pass attempts and an elite, huge target at WR. Im not trying to discredit him, but his stats were more impressive than his actual performances.

And while I definitely wouldnt put Bradford over Stafford right now, I do agree that Bradford has had crap to work with and that Stafford and most other QBs wouldnt fair very well under the same circumstances.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

1. Rodgers
2. Stafford
3. Newton
4. Luck
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Flacco
8. Cutler
9. Locker
10. Ponder
11. Freeman

The sad part is that his situation is going to be worse this year with the addition of Brian Schottenheimer. I feel bad you guys. Seriously, I do.

#TeamManfred
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

1. Rodgers
2. Stafford
3. Newton
4. Luck
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Flacco
8. Cutler
9. Locker
10. Ponder
11. Freeman

The sad part is that his situation is going to be worse this year with the addition of Brian Schottenheimer. I feel bad you guys. Seriously, I do.

I haven't had one issue with Shotty, not many Rams fans do, especially with the personnel we have at the moment. Our attack is rather balanced which i prefer, problem is talent at skill positions and across the o line.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
green24 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

1. Rodgers
2. Stafford
3. Newton
4. Luck
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Flacco
8. Cutler
9. Locker
10. Ponder
11. Freeman

I haven't had one issue with Shotty, not many Rams fans do, especially with the personnel we have at the moment. Our attack is rather balanced which i prefer, problem is talent at skill positions and across the o line.

Just wait for it.

On 3rd down. Brick wall

#TeamManfred

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: