Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most Talented team in the NFL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
I'll tell you who'd really scare me if they ever got healthy and got their act together: The Washington Redskins

RG3 is already tearing up the league
they don't have any marquee talent at RB but in Shanahan's offense they don't really need one to put up big rushing numbers. Alfred Morris is doing just fine.
Their OL is solid
Garçon is a speedster with Mike Wallace-like ability, who just can't seem to eliminate the mistakes from his game. but Leonard Hankerson is the guy who really has all the physical tools to be elite but just hasn't blossomed yet.
Fred Davis is an outstanding young TE.

On defense, they've got two premiere pass rushers in Orakpo and Kerrigan. Their 30 front is underrated, with Carriker, Cofield and Jenkins. DeAngelo Hall is another one of those players who's always had all the physical ability in the world but never could quite get his head on straight. Cedric Griffin was a solid performer for the Vikings in the past. Their one big hole is at safety.

Imagine if their defense played how we expected them to play going into the season?

We thought their offense was going to be the liability this season not their defense

IF their defense was as good as it was last year, they could be 4-0 right now.

THey've score enough points to win every game they've played if they had a good defense behind them
With a healthy Orakpo and Carriker they'd be doing a lot better.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric Griffin was solid, prior to tearing his knees, twice. Last year he was a huge reason why the Vikes pass defense was trash. Griffin is a lousy CB.

Until the Redskins fix their secondary, i wont ever have much faith in there defense. Collecting Viking left overs (Griffin and Wiliams) isnt a good way to improve your secondary.

Its hurts that they dont have first round picks, so Washington will have to buy itself a couple new DBs in free agency.
phieagles012

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick is starting to become absurdly underrated, is he the best qb for this team no but he would instantly make at least half the teams better in the nfl if they switched their qb with him, he got it together later on in the year last year and i expect similar improvement as the season goes on this year... already is showing some of it

As has been mentioned before with Ryans and Kendricks i think LB has moved from the teams greatest weakness to among the better units in the league, Cb may be the strongest in the NFL with Revis hurt and the D Line is if not the best a top 3 unit.
Safeties and the O-Line without Peters is really the only bad spot, and if we can get Peters for the last few games of the season +Playoffs the line will take out their biggest weakness and plug in possibly the best offensive lineman in the NFL

That all being said the Texans have to be #1 from running backs to the defense to having Andre Johnson, plus most people are sleeping on the fact that schaub is a very good QB
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 49ers
2. Texans
3. Packers
4. Cowboys
5. Giants (when healthy)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be Philly if not for their OL getting depleted by injuries. San Fran can be argued to be top 5 in talent at every position except QB and WR (still, they're even overloaded with talent there now), so there's that. Atlanta, NYG, and Houston not that far behind.

But as of now, I'm going San Fran and when healthy, Philly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: