Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what will it take to fix the line?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Sando, Orenberger played well yesterday.

Of course, anything is better than Snyder manning RG. How on earth did they give him a 5 year deal.

Sickening...

Massie is really struggling.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53056
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
According to Sando, Orenberger played well yesterday.

Of course, anything is better than Snyder manning RG. How on earth did they give him a 5 year deal.

Sickening...

Massie is really struggling.


Bolded: As with most all contracts, that's a merely a facade. We can cut him without taking a significant hit to our salary cap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
According to Sando, Orenberger played well yesterday.

Of course, anything is better than Snyder manning RG. How on earth did they give him a 5 year deal.

Sickening...

Massie is really struggling.


Bolded: As with most all contracts, that's a merely a facade. We can cut him without taking a significant hit to our salary cap.


Gotcha.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53056
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we choose to cut Adam Snyder this season, we'd take a 1.1 million dollar cap hit.

That's pennies. LOL, our long snapper makes that...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a positive from yesterday according to PFF...

Quote:
- The three highest graded Cardinals players were LaRod Stephens-Howling (+3.Cool, Daryn Colledge (+3.7) and Rob Housler (+1.5)


And the negative...

[u]- The Cardinals tackles this week managed to give up three sacks, one quarterback hit and 12 quarterback hurries. They’re on pace to give up 215 quarterback disruptions on the year between them.[/u]

Colledge is a quality starter. I'll give him credit.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53056
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn Colledge is a lot better player than guys here give him credit for simply because of the contract we signed him to. Ya he's a bit overpaid but people act like he's trash and that's just not the case. He's a player we can legitimately build upon along this OL.

I thought Lyle played a solid game yesterday too. We ran up the middle more than people think and we actually had a little success, despite LSH being a 5'7" scat back.

I think the big question here is do we bring back Levi or not. Snyder should be out (or at least out of the starting lineup) and RG needs to be addressed but what we do at LT is the real kicker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Daryn Colledge is a lot better player than guys here give him credit for simply because of the contract we signed him to. Ya he's a bit overpaid but people act like he's trash and that's just not the case. He's a player we can legitimately build upon along this OL.

I thought Lyle played a solid game yesterday too. We ran up the middle more than people think and we actually had a little success, despite LSH being a 5'7" scat back.

I think the big question here is do we bring back Levi or not. Snyder should be out (or at least out of the starting lineup) and RG needs to be addressed but what we do at LT is the real kicker.


I think a lot rests on if we are able to nab one of those free agent LTs. I think if we do, he's gone but if not I would think they bring him back and take a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round to develop.

The ideal scenario would be to nab one of those quality LTs in free agency, cut Levi, go QB in round one and best available offensive linemen in round two.

IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53056
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said on the last page though, it remains to be seen if any of those LTs actually hit the open market.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7228
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Like I said on the last page though, it remains to be seen if any of those LTs actually hit the open market.


Quality building block left tackles don't hit the open market. Quality ones get resigned. If we want a left tackle, we have to draft one.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 3135
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I at this time I fully expect Levi to be back next year and starting at LT. I think Snyder should be cut at the end of the year and RG should be looked at in the draft not free agent.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53056
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I at this time I fully expect Levi to be back next year and starting at LT. I think Snyder should be cut at the end of the year and RG should be looked at in the draft not free agent.


That's kind of the way I'm leaning right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7228
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I at this time I fully expect Levi to be back next year and starting at LT. I think Snyder should be cut at the end of the year and RG should be looked at in the draft not free agent.


That's kind of the way I'm leaning right now.


I agree. He is set to make $5 million next year which is not too bad to deal with and Levi was improving before the injury occurred.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 6000
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Levi situation is a tricky one, but we can't cut him. he is probably our most skilled lineman, releasing him only sets us back. But he is not a LT, he needs to be moved to RG or RT. I honestly think RT is more likely.

LT- first round pick
LG- Daryn Colledge
C- Lyle Sendlein
RG- 2nd round pick???
RT- Levi Brown

Bobbie Massie's performance down the stretch could be a big indicator as to what happens to Levi Brown. If Massie starts putting together some decent performances, and starts looking like a decent RT, maybe our staff will move Levi inside to RG.

even if we do decide to stick with Levi as our LT, I still think our first round pick should be a offensive tackle. does anybody disagree?
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 3135
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
the Levi situation is a tricky one, but we can't cut him. he is probably our most skilled lineman, releasing him only sets us back. But he is not a LT, he needs to be moved to RG or RT. I honestly think RT is more likely.

LT- first round pick
LG- Daryn Colledge
C- Lyle Sendlein
RG- 2nd round pick???
RT- Levi Brown

Bobbie Massie's performance down the stretch could be a big indicator as to what happens to Levi Brown. If Massie starts putting together some decent performances, and starts looking like a decent RT, maybe our staff will move Levi inside to RG.

even if we do decide to stick with Levi as our LT, I still think our first round pick should be a offensive tackle. does anybody disagree?


I think Whiz and staff would disagree with you.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53056
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
shawn wrote:
the Levi situation is a tricky one, but we can't cut him. he is probably our most skilled lineman, releasing him only sets us back. But he is not a LT, he needs to be moved to RG or RT. I honestly think RT is more likely.

LT- first round pick
LG- Daryn Colledge
C- Lyle Sendlein
RG- 2nd round pick???
RT- Levi Brown

Bobbie Massie's performance down the stretch could be a big indicator as to what happens to Levi Brown. If Massie starts putting together some decent performances, and starts looking like a decent RT, maybe our staff will move Levi inside to RG.

even if we do decide to stick with Levi as our LT, I still think our first round pick should be a offensive tackle. does anybody disagree?


I think Whiz and staff would disagree with you.


Not much to suggest that in terms of where we sit right now. Outside of QB and the OL, we don't have a lot of needs and to his credit, Rod Graves has locked up most of the core players who could cause us to make a business side of things pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group