Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Maybe It's A Coincidence But.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Maybe It's A Coincidence But..... Reply with quote

Does anyone else notice that our offense has taken a dramatic playcalling makeover in the 2 weeks that Todd Heap has been gone? Am I crazy and just drawings a weak conclusion or is there something to that? I'm starting to think there might be something to it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were putting that much of our gameplan around Heap, then you might be right about us going 4-12.

Heap has been a good player for us, but if we literally can't even function without him then we are dead in the water.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
If we were putting that much of our gameplan around Heap, then you might be right about us going 4-12.

Heap has been a good player for us, but if we literally can't even function without him then we are dead in the water.

I just find it interesting. PFF has him as our highest rated right end blocker. He plays, we give up just over 1 sack per game. He goes out, we give up 8.5 sacks a game. That's obviously an overly dramatic increase that can't be attributed solely to Heap but the more I see the metrics, the more I wonder if Heap's absence hasn't had a profound effect on our offensive performance.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe It's A Coincidence But..... Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that our offense has taken a dramatic playcalling makeover in the 2 weeks that Todd Heap has been gone? Am I crazy and just drawings a weak conclusion or is there something to that? I'm starting to think there might be something to it.

I have no clue why they changed the gameplan on offense. Lack of running game is one thing but the line needs help.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe It's A Coincidence But..... Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I have no clue why they changed the gameplan on offense. Lack of running game is one thing but the line needs help.

That's kinda what I'm saying. The line needs help and Heap's our highest rated blocker. Maybe that's got something to do with this?

Or maybe I'm just fishing for excuse.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe It's A Coincidence But..... Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

That's kinda what I'm saying. The line needs help and Heap's our highest rated blocker. Maybe that's got something to do with this?

Or maybe I'm just fishing for excuse.

The defense didn't have the worst game they could have but not the best either. We know they will bounce back. The success for the rest of the season hinges on whether the team can get creative with the running game and get it going which will ease the pressure on the O line. Once the O line gets a bit of help the offense will click enough to get back on track. A little change to the offensive gameplan with screens and short passes and a hint of running game is the problem right now. All things that can be fixed.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Houlser was open for 2 easy TD last night and Kolb under threw both of them.

I can see that we are missing him in the blocking game but Houlser make up for missing him in the passing game.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I don't know Houlser was open for 2 easy TD last night and Kolb under threw both of them.

I can see that we are missing him in the blocking game but Houlser make up for missing him in the passing game.

The run blocking/pass protection game is the 1 big problem area though. Certainly Kolb's missed throws to both Housler and Roberts (Should have had a 50+ yard TD yesterday after Roberts schooled Janoris Jenkins), Ryan Williams leaving yards out of the field and WRs dropping easy passes (I can't help but say it again, I STILL can't believe Michael Floyd dropped that pass yesterday) are all major factors in our offensive ineptitude but the pass protections/run game's lack of holes are under the microscope more than ever right now. I'm trying to figure out if Heap's injury is a big reason behind that or if it's just a coincidental thing.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it is part of the reason, but more coincidental. We for some unexplained reason started going 4 wide on offense. Which is OK if you are going to run 1 and 3 step quick hitters, or are going out of the shotgun and in the hurry up (That first drive was fine), but we are going four wide and then trying to run 5 and 7 step drop passes from under center.

It beggars belief. Now is Heap the reason we started going more 4 wide. If it is then I have no faith in our offensive coaching staff at all. He is a good blocker, but you know what, so is Jeff King. Jeff has also been a solid receiver this season. You can still play two TE's with King and Housler.

However I will put this out there too. If we made the plays that were there for us, regardless of giving up 9 sacks we kick and extra field goal and have at least two touchdowns.

You put another 17 points on our total (Through our own mistakes. bad throws, dropped passes, missed FG's) and this is a completely different game.

Make no mistake we deserved to get shellacked in that game, but there were plays there to be made for us and we just missed them.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I would say it is part of the reason, but more coincidental. We for some unexplained reason started going 4 wide on offense. Which is OK if you are going to run 1 and 3 step quick hitters, or are going out of the shotgun and in the hurry up (That first drive was fine), but we are going four wide and then trying to run 5 and 7 step drop passes from under center.

It beggars belief. Now is Heap the reason we started going more 4 wide. If it is then I have no faith in our offensive coaching staff at all. He is a good blocker, but you know what, so is Jeff King. Jeff has also been a solid receiver this season. You can still play two TE's with King and Housler.

However I will put this out there too. If we made the plays that were there for us, regardless of giving up 9 sacks we kick and extra field goal and have at least two touchdowns.

You put another 17 points on our total (Through our own mistakes. bad throws, dropped passes, missed FG's) and this is a completely different game.

Make no mistake we deserved to get shellacked in that game, but there were plays there to be made for us and we just missed them.

A short week on the road like that and you have to make the plays you are supposed to and the team didn't. Too many mental mistakes. The only thing is the Rams played like crap as well. Or the team would have been blown out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: