Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Two Big Problems I See With the Jets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Two Big Problems I See With the Jets Reply with quote

I've done a lot of thinking and I've come to the conclusion that two of the major problems with this team are:

1) Lack of leadership.

2) Too much of an offense vs. defense mentality.

1. This team has it's fair share of veteran's but there is no one that stands out as the clear cut leader of the team. Guys like Mangold, Revis, Ferguson are great players (in Revis' case the best player in the league at his position) but they don't strike me as natural leaders. And as a result, when the going gets tough, the Jets seem to wilt. Almost all of the great teams in this league have that one guy (or more) that leads everyone and everyone on the team looks up to. I don't see that with the Jets.

2. The Jets are a house divided. Too much of an offense vs. defense mentality (lack of leadership) and it starts at the top. The Jets lose to the 49ers 34-0 and Rex is talking about how he's never given up so many rushing yards in his life. It seems like all he cares about is the defense. And that mentality trickles down to the players. Even when they were winning, it was in spite of the offense. And as a result, I don't think the players in the locker room respect or trust Sanchez. When the other players don't believe in your QB it's a recipe for disaster.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree from ownership to management to coaching we lack leadership. Revis and Mangold are the only ones I can depend on

Rex will also rather run the ball 3 times for 9 yards and punt than air it out and score touchdowns

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3. No Running Game
4. NO WR that are explosive

When you draft a QB you evenutually draft players to help him.
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
3. No Running Game
4. NO WR that are explosive

When you draft a QB you evenutually draft players to help him.

I agree and IMO it's all because of Rex. We had no reason to take Coples with that first pick (i wanted Kendall Wright but I don't think they even thought about him) but even with that we had a chance to get Lamar Miller or Robert Turbin in the third but again went for defense and again not an OLB (still our biggest need on defense)

Instead on offense we get Hill and Tebow. One who because of his total lack of experience probably should have transferred to play a year with a competitive program and the other...

The funny (sad) thing is even with this emphasis on defense we can't stop a quick rb and for the past two years we can't stop the big plays late in games.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right. Rex focus to much on defense. Our offense was terrible last year and all we picked up was Schilens, Hill, and pretty much cut all the other offensive draft picks. We got lucky with Howard, I'm not going to count him. Then on defense we sign and draft for every position besides the most needed, OLB. OLB's help stop the run, and rush the passer. We can't do either now.

Yeah, we really do need a vocal leader who can perform on the field. I don't see any on our team.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: