Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Banner over Arrowhead this weekend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wishbone20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
And 2 you dodged the question: what players has Pioli brought in that have made any kind of impact that some of the Herm picks have? Exactly. You list off the guys on the current team cuz "These are players that are starting or have played a lot of snaps." well Herm had many of "those" guys here too.

To answer you question. The players that are Herms have been in the league longer so they have had time to develop their skills (outside of Bowe were developed under Pioli and Co.). You can only really judge Pioli's first 2 drafts b/c it takes players 3 years to fully develop players. Also is Pioli supposed to release all of Herms players b/c he drafted them and re-draft players those positions to prove he can draft players at those positions?

How can you not say Herm got lucky. I listed off his drafts. 2008 was his only good one. Taking out the 2008 draft and you only have 5 players playing in the league and only 3 are starting you are not good at drafting. Note: these players are supposed to be in their prime.

Right now 2010 and 2011 drafts from Pioli's is good. Berry, Lewis, McCluster, Arenas, Moeaki, Asamoah, Baldwin, Hudson, Houston, Bailey, Powe, and Brown.

Berry when he is back to his old self he will be a top 5 safety.

Lewis is a top 10 free safety.

Asamoah is already good but makes some mental mistakes. Imho I think he will be a top 5 guard next season.

Hudson was looking like a great center.

Houston is already better then Hali.

Or are we just looking for flashy skill players like RB or WR or pass rush. Pioli has already gotten as good of a pass rusher then Hali and is better over all.

Anyways I am done with the Pioli hate.

I'll start by saying that I read this forum daily and feel like I have a pretty good grasp of many of your opinions of our lovely Chiefs situation. I may not post frequently but I really enjoy reading all the posts. I'm a huge fan who hasn't missed a snap in 10 years (I'm only 22).

Anyways... Here are my thoughts on Pioli. He obviously must go. He's not the talent evaluated that many believe him to be. The reason I quoted HG is due to the Berry statement and to a smaller extent Jon A. Berry is the worst player on our D. He can't cover TEs, takes awful angles, and can't tackle. He survives on his physical abilities, which seem to have faded since the injury. I really like the Berry commercial and hope he turns it around but I haven't seen anything this year that would make me think that he will ever be "elite". Remember how much better out safety play was last year with Lewis and slo mo McGraw? I do. I also realize that Romeo isn't doing him any favors with the foreign game plan but I'm shocked by the fans who think he's a good player.

On to Asamoah. The guys been awfully inconsistent. We all know this so I won't rant.

I won't ignore the beneficial selections he's made but the misses make him an average talent evaluator. The Cassel fiasco combined with documented Arrowhead mishandlings equate to a justifiable firing IMO.

The QB situation cannot be overstated. Literally every person who knows football realizes the handcuffs that position puts on our team.

PS: I realize that Berry was a Pro Bowler but so was Cassel. Sorry for probable mistypes I'm on my phone
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Also is Pioli supposed to release all of Herms players b/c he drafted them and re-draft players those positions to prove he can draft players at those positions?

Yes dude thats EXACTLY what im saying. Rolling Eyes Things like this make me not wanna waste my time....so i wont.

Then why bring it up that they are Herms players? What is he supposed to do with them? People are just hating him b/c of Cassel.

Cuz youre diminishing Herm's contributions (talent wise) and chalking it up to "luck" while using role players (so far) to try and to further discredit Herm. Look, Herm stunk as a coach but if youre trying to convince me he only had one good draft when others contributed/started just like the players youre using now then youre wasting my time.

Sounds to me like youre so wrapped up into "helping" pioli that youre running blind tryin to find the good in him so you use what Herm actually brought to the team as youre way out. I even gave Pioli props for the drafts he had so i dont know why youre getting all worked up like i just went on a giant "Pioli rant". Since thats how this is going: im not wasting anymore time on this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishbone20 wrote:

I'll start by saying that I read this forum daily and feel like I have a pretty good grasp of many of your opinions of our lovely Chiefs situation. I may not post frequently but I really enjoy reading all the posts. I'm a huge fan who hasn't missed a snap in 10 years (I'm only 22).

Anyways... Here are my thoughts on Pioli. He obviously must go. He's not the talent evaluated that many believe him to be. The reason I quoted HG is due to the Berry statement and to a smaller extent Jon A. Berry is the worst player on our D. He can't cover TEs, takes awful angles, and can't tackle. He survives on his physical abilities, which seem to have faded since the injury. I really like the Berry commercial and hope he turns it around but I haven't seen anything this year that would make me think that he will ever be "elite". Remember how much better out safety play was last year with Lewis and slo mo McGraw? I do. I also realize that Romeo isn't doing him any favors with the foreign game plan but I'm shocked by the fans who think he's a good player.

On to Asamoah. The guys been awfully inconsistent. We all know this so I won't rant.

I won't ignore the beneficial selections he's made but the misses make him an average talent evaluator. The Cassel fiasco combined with documented Arrowhead mishandlings equate to a justifiable firing IMO.

The QB situation cannot be overstated. Literally every person who knows football realizes the handcuffs that position puts on our team.

PS: I realize that Berry was a Pro Bowler but so was Cassel. Sorry for probable mistypes I'm on my phone

I was gonna do a breakdown WB but i didnt feel the need after i got the whole condescending ramble but you touched on where i was gonna further my argument. Nice post. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: