Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Wk 5: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots (4.25pm EST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denver4Life03

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller was excellent today. Made a few nice plays in the run game, got Brady twice. Dropped that INT but also forced that crucial fumble. One of the few bright spots on defense and going to be one for a long time.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Wait.. One game where we struggle, albeit mightily, against the run, now all of the sudden we can't stop the run? Who's going to stop the run playing nickel all day?
Broncos fans overreacting? Why I never!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Oh christ here comes the fanatics like Tebow's fanboys last season.

Patriots were smart to run the ball on us, why wouldn't you in when the defense is forced to play nickel base. That forces Woodyard and Mays to be the 2 backers and neither one of them are very good at scraping over the top and stopping those long runs. Does the defense need to play better yeah but they have adjusted and made plays in the 2nd half.

Let's not act like the offense was spectacular either both started off slow and that was our downfall. Offense didn't capitalize on defensive stops and the defense didn't step up when our offense did score in the 1st half.

Stopping any dink and dunk offense is nearly impossible if you don't have an inside rush and Wolfe/Bannan/Vickerson failed in that aspect today. Other than Wolfe's sack the inside line had no push and got washed down on running plays.

Joe Mays did absolutely nothing this game, gave NE a first on a stupid PI, blew tackle after tackle, step behind in coverage. He did not finish the game with a single tackle for loss. Von had 5, hell even Rahim Moore had a TFL. Defense was better with that waste of a player suspended.

1. There are 2 halfs of football.

2. We did sack Brady 4 times.

3. Pass coverage not being done by Champ Bailey is putrid.

4. Talent on offense outside of Demaryius Thomas is also putrid. Our best skill player fumbles all the time and so does our 2nd best skill player.

5. Offensive play calling is horrible. Why did we run the ball on the last drive? When Peyton Manning is starting to get hot, you don't run a dive play.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
brassglobos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
Some of you guys are really over-reacting.

This was the toughest part of our schedule. Before the season started how many people actually predicted 3+ wins after 5 weeks? Many of us thought 2-3 at best.

Was this disappointing? Yes. Are we all of the sudden out of contention for the division or wild card spot? No.

Take a deep breathe and relax. It's just week five, and we are done with the worst/hardest part of our schedule.
Yes, but then we'll probably just go to the playoffs and get destroyed by NE or HOU or BAL or whoever we end up playing. Pointless.

This team can't stop the run or cover anyone besides whoever Champ Bailey is covering. They also have 0 talent on offense outside of Demaryius Thomas. Who fumbles A LOT.

I don't even consider McGahee talent anymore. He's just like Tatum Bell except a little slower and a little bigger.

Yes that makes complete sense since HOU and NE destroyed us. Rolling Eyes

Did you actually think we were going to be spectacular on defense with DJ out and Mays as our MLB?

Some of you guys base this team week to week.

We kill Oakland. ZOMG we are awesome!!!!

The Patriots literally run us over. ZOMG we SUCK, we're not going to anything this year!!!

Get a grip.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Wait.. One game where we struggle, albeit mightily, against the run, now all of the sudden we can't stop the run? Who's going to stop the run playing nickel all day?

It shows that they care but it can get annoying.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:

Apparently the Patriots make every defense look average. Like the Cardinals. I didn't know average defenses' give up 250 yards rushing and let runs plays and short passes convert 3rd and longs.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really there's 2 halves? However did I not no that.

Don't see what 4 sacks has to do with anything 1 of those came from inside pressure and it wasn't because Wolfe beat his man.

Hard to cover quick passes that Pats employ. Should be pretty obvious considering the success NE has had on offense.

You whine about our play calling but then whine about the 3rd and 17. You run the ball to catch them off guard, there's worked we fumbled. It happens, you leave it to situations like that were your down 31-7 and you take risks it's football not Madden.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont agree that the play calling was horrible overall. We attacked their weaknesses. What killed us was a few really bad play calls. Doesn't mean the play calling was awful overall. Defensive play calling is a different story.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:

Apparently the Patriots make every defense look average. Like the Cardinals. I didn't know average defenses' give up 250 yards rushing and let runs plays and short passes convert 3rd and longs.

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:

It shows that they care but it can get annoying.
Yeah I've dealt with it for 5 years now Laughing

It's either OMGZZZ were so good or we suck #1 pick here we come!

Newsflash people the Ravens play like crap on defense occasionally, so do the Packers. Not every game is an indication of how talented your team is. By these standards the Packers suck on offense. Oh NYG gave up 27 points they suck!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's take our worst plays and solely use them to judge our team's performance.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hillman sucks so bad, it is not even funny. 1 and short he was dancing around in the backfield. are you kidding me?!!! don't play this moron until he grows a pair.
brassglobos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is one thing that is pissing me off it's Elvis. Dude makes too much money to be a liability in run defense. Can't set the edge to save his life.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
Some of you guys are really over-reacting.

This was the toughest part of our schedule. Before the season started how many people actually predicted 3+ wins after 5 weeks? Many of us thought 2-3 at best.

Was this disappointing? Yes. Are we all of the sudden out of contention for the division or wild card spot? No.

Take a deep breathe and relax. It's just week five, and we are done with the worst/hardest part of our schedule.
Yes, but then we'll probably just go to the playoffs and get destroyed by NE or HOU or BAL or whoever we end up playing. Pointless.

This team can't stop the run or cover anyone besides whoever Champ Bailey is covering. They also have 0 talent on offense outside of Demaryius Thomas. Who fumbles A LOT.

I don't even consider McGahee talent anymore. He's just like Tatum Bell except a little slower and a little bigger.

Yes that makes complete sense since HOU and NE destroyed us. Rolling Eyes

Did you actually think we were going to be spectacular on defense with DJ out and Mays as our MLB?

Some of you guys base this team week to week.

We kill Oakland. ZOMG we are awesome!!!!

The Patriots literally run us over. ZOMG we SUCK, we're not going to anything this year!!!

Get a grip.
No, I didn't. But I didn't expect to fumble 3 times, and yes, imo, HOU did destroy us. And we became very lucky tonight because usually when a team puts 250 yards up on the ground and over 300 yards passing, the score isn't even close.

Don't forget that we were also down 31-7. I didn't think we were awesome after we beat Oakland. I even made jokes about how people were going to do that.

The difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning as of recent? Tom Brady is making the good talent around him great. And Peyton Manning has been making mediocre talent, decent. None of our skill players besides Demaryius Thomas would probably start on most teams. McGahee is a toss up.

Every linebacker on our team sucks outside of Von. Rahim Moore is our leading tackler for christ sake.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
hillman sucks so bad, it is not even funny. 1 and short he was dancing around in the backfield. are you kidding me?!!! don't play this moron until he grows a pair.
At least he doesn't fumble. Watch, he will next week now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 26 of 33

Jump to: