Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We WILL Finish 4-12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to my buddy last night and he assured me I'm much closer to the ledge than I should be and I assured him that I'll eat some crow and admit I'm wrong when I start to see a change in our offensive and defensive preparation but until that time, I'm calling it like I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on sunday we looked like a 6-10 team, and last night we looked like a 3-13 team. But I do think it is a little early to be throwing the entire season under the bus.

I am not saying that i am not concerned, because i am. after last week, I was very afraid that Miami exposed our o-line weakneses to the rest of the league, and now teams know exactly how to attack us. It is going to take some clever gameplaning, and smart play-calling to void our mess uo front. unfortunatly, I do not think we have the offensive minds to make it work week in and week out.

so yes, I am concerned. but no, we will not lose out. the absolute worst I could see us finishing at is 6-10...absolute worst.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
on sunday we looked like a 6-10 team, and last night we looked like a 3-13 team. But I do think it is a little early to be throwing the entire season under the bus.

I am not saying that i am not concerned, because i am. after last week, I was very afraid that Miami exposed our o-line weakneses to the rest of the league, and now teams know exactly how to attack us. It is going to take some clever gameplaning, and smart play-calling to void our mess uo front. unfortunatly, I do not think we have the offensive minds to make it work week in and week out.

so yes, I am concerned. but no, we will not lose out. the absolute worst I could see us finishing at is 6-10...absolute worst.

The 4-12 thing wasn't actually literal, even though I was plenty serious about it when I hit the sack last night. It's just a reference to how quickly this thing will turn on us if we don't make sweeping changes ASAP.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to make changes and get back on track I know we can do it we have 10 days to get better!

matthouston91 made it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: We Might Finish 4-12 Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
With this offense. And I'm not overreacting.

Mike Miller or ken Whisenhunt, not sure who exactly, but one of these 2 needs to man up and make a change.

I couldn't agree more. I'd just like to know why Russ Grimm always gets a pass. Whiz needs to put his friendship on the back burner and bring in an O-Line coach that can actually teach blocking schemes, body position, footwork and all the other things that the players are blamed for year in and year out. How can an O-Coordinator game plan or call plays when the O-Line can't execute the basics? It's time for Whiz to man up.
Someone mentioned trading a first rounder for a vet. Toss in I.R. Wells and I'm all for it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: We Might Finish 4-12 Reply with quote

127 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
With this offense. And I'm not overreacting.

Mike Miller or ken Whisenhunt, not sure who exactly, but one of these 2 needs to man up and make a change.

I couldn't agree more. I'd just like to know why Russ Grimm always gets a pass. Whiz needs to put his friendship on the back burner and bring in an O-Line coach that can actually teach blocking schemes, body position, footwork and all the other things that the players are blamed for year in and year out. How can an O-Coordinator game plan or call plays when the O-Line can't execute the basics? It's time for Whiz to man up.
Someone mentioned trading a first rounder for a vet. Toss in I.R. Wells and I'm all for it.

I've talked about Grimm enough for one day. I'm gonna say this and be done with it: You want to fire Grimm, go ahead. I coudn't care 2 licks if he's here or not. Just don't come complaining to me when we fire him and replace him with someone new, only to have our re-hashed, cast off OL players perform up to the very same standards they had before. Grimm may be a shoddy OL coach, he may be a decent OL coach, I can't say for sure but I can say for sure that he's not a magician. He can't turn water into wine and he sure as heck can't turn 3 cast off players, 1 UDFA and 1 4th round pick into something legitimate. Nobody can.

You gotta get some players. That's the bottom line. Coaches are nothing without talent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: We Might Finish 4-12 Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

I've talked about Grimm enough for one day. I'm gonna say this and be done with it: You want to fire Grimm, go ahead. I coudn't care 2 licks if he's here or not. Just don't come complaining to me when we fire him and replace him with someone new, only to have our re-hashed, cast off OL players perform up to the very same standards they had before. Grimm may be a shoddy OL coach, he may be a decent OL coach, I can't say for sure but I can say for sure that he's not a magician. He can't turn water into wine and he sure as heck can't turn 3 cast off players, 1 UDFA and 1 4th round pick into something legitimate. Nobody can.

You gotta get some players. That's the bottom line. Coaches are nothing without talent.

I can appreciate that without being pissed off. What "sweeping changes" do you suggest we make to stave off a collapse?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: We Might Finish 4-12 Reply with quote

127 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I can appreciate that without being pissed off. What "sweeping changes" do you suggest we make to stave off a collapse?

For this season?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
It's time to start shopping our 1st round pick for D'Brick or another Tackle before the deadline. Trading our picks for expensive vets is horrible value but we are in desperation mode here. Worst run & pass blocking OL in the NFL. Every QB who plays for us this year will be permanently gunshy.

I thought some guy recently started a thread here about the Cardinals giving up 79 sacks this year, which provoked a lot of responses defending D'Anthony D'Baptiste and Bobby D'Massie and the rest of Arizona's O-line as being not all that bad?
Are they really the "worst run & pass blocking OL in the NFL"-?
People weren't defending Batiste and Massie so much as we were saying that our scheme and play calling wouldn't allow it. We knew we had a bad o-line, we just didn't think they be put in the position to fail so miserably. Unfortunately, with the play calling the last two weeks, they've been put in that position and the results came back as most of us would expect.

El ramster on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
bzane wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
It's time to start shopping our 1st round pick for D'Brick or another Tackle before the deadline. Trading our picks for expensive vets is horrible value but we are in desperation mode here. Worst run & pass blocking OL in the NFL. Every QB who plays for us this year will be permanently gunshy.

I thought some guy recently started a thread here about the Cardinals giving up 79 sacks this year, which provoked a lot of responses defending D'Anthony D'Baptiste and Bobby D'Massie and the rest of Arizona's O-line as being not all that bad?
Are they really the "worst run & pass blocking OL in the NFL"-?
People weren't defending Batiste and Massie so much as we were saying that our scheme and play calling wouldn't allow it. We knew we had a bad o-line, we just didn't think they be put in the position to fail so miserably. Unfortunately, with the play calling the last two weeks, they've been put in that position and the results came back as most of us would expect.

This.

I knew Massie would take some lumps. He's a young kid, a rookie who's still learning. You line him up in pass protection over 110 times against Chris Long, Robert Quinn and Cameron Wake, you know he's gonna take some lumps. Still really like his future outlook regardless.

I've never said a positive word about Batiste. Ever.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: We Might Finish 4-12 Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
127 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

For this season?

For starters, yes. As you pointed out about the defense, it's a work in progress that takes commitment and years. But in an attempt to fix the current problem and try to avoid a potential 4-12, what one or two things would you do now?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: We Might Finish 4-12 Reply with quote

127 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
127 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

For this season?

For starters, yes. As you pointed out about the defense, it's a work in progress that takes commitment and years. But in an attempt to fix the current problem and try to avoid a potential 4-12, what one or two things would you do now?

GREAT QUESTION. It's not a simple, 1 step thing. One area I think we CAN fix right away that will improve this team immensely and change the outlook of the season going forward is the focus from our coaching staff on playcalling and player instruction as it relates to situational football. Few key examples from the first 5 games:

-When there's 2:06 left in the football game and your opponent, who only has 2 timeouts, kicks the ball to you, beat it into your kick return man's head that he needs to take the football out of the end zone and try and run those 6 seconds off the clock
-When it's 2nd and goal on the opposing team's 2 in a game you're leading, don't call a pass play. If you do call a pass play (But again, don't), beat it into your QBs head that he's only to make a sure throw and not force anything we he's got another down still at his disposal
-Beat it into your punt return man's head that he's never to fair catch a punt at his own 3 yard line
-When it's 3rd and 11, beat it into your CB's head that he's not to fall for a double move. Allowing the short throw there (Which is where the fake came from) is more than fine

We clear up these simple, intelligence based mistakes, we're gonna be a helluva lot better off in the long run this season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, if you think being dramatic, go read a few of the twitter comments from Cardinal fans out there. I see 11 comments (I counted) from guys who are pissed that Whiz isn't practicing until Monday.

That's the only benefit of this debacle, that we have some time to rest and people out there actually want Whiz going full pads 2 days after a game. SMH....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 days off for a road game after an overtime win. I picked the Rams in every pool I'm in because of those reasons. We'll beat Buffalo and still win at least 8 games IMO. I do think we'll be active before the trade deadline for Tackle help.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I spoke to my buddy last night and he assured me I'm much closer to the ledge than I should be and I assured him that I'll eat some crow and admit I'm wrong when I start to see a change in our offensive and defensive preparation but until that time, I'm calling it like I see it.

Wish I had this kind of in, but...

My question here is, in the past you have talked about Grimm having a lot of sway in personnel decisions, and then at other stages you have said that he did not even meet Snyder before he signed.

That seems very strange.

Bottom line for me. We need to build through top 100 picks on the offensive line and until such time as we have a good enough OL we need to adjust our playcalling to a style that will allow us to have success without a good OL.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: