Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 Other Games Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Eksynyt


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 5915
Location: Oregon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Eksynyt wrote:
9 in a row over Washington...awesome.
Rivalry


Yup, hopefully we take a lead in the all time series in the coming decades.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12312
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eksynyt wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think it should be

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Florida

Oregon is nice and all. But we've seen this offense get held in check by an elite SEC defense and an average SEC defense with one elite player. Until I see them do anything against an elite defense I can't justify them over any of these teams. It won't matter in the end because only one SEC team can go undefeated. But for the time being they should be the top 3.


Keep hating


Settle down. DTMB is a smart CFB poster. Dude has been around here for forever dropping small gems. He's not fond of spread teams or Boise State. I don't think you would disagree to say UO has been poor in post seasons/vs LSU right? They haven't proven enough for expectations. I think this year's UO team is way different (I honestly think it's a defensive team if that's not too crazy of a statement) but just let their game speak for them. Not everyone is a hater. DTMB just says SEC>>>> as much as Thrill but no one really gives him as much crap because he roots for Bama. Can't we all just get along Sad Crying or Very sad Sad

Also was at a sports bar and lost it when the FSU/NCSU game went on the big screen. Entire place blew up. I heard like five different people yell "FSU is back" at separate parts of the collective explosion

UO have a buffer zone? SEC is going to beat its self up and I think Bama comes out at the only team with a natty shot. Who else could jump UO if they go undefeated (outside of SC)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eksynyt


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 5915
Location: Oregon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 4 team playoff will really benefit Oregon once it starts here in a couple of years.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBando


Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7276
Location: Tampa Bay
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8001
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

UO have a buffer zone? SEC is going to beat its self up and I think Bama comes out at the only team with a natty shot. Who else could jump UO if they go undefeated (outside of SC)


ND has a pretty good shot of being ranked in the top 2 if they go undefeated since the media would love for ND to be great again, I think they're the only non SEC team that could jump OU if OU's undefeated, unless OU starts just scraping by in a few games late in the season and WVU or K-State go undefeated and blow out a few teams. WVU could maaaaybe jump OU if both are undefeated if Geno is still the clear heisman frontrunner.
_________________
FIRE TODD HALEY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 30026
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think it should be

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Florida

Oregon is nice and all. But we've seen this offense get held in check by an elite SEC defense and an average SEC defense with one elite player. Until I see them do anything against an elite defense I can't justify them over any of these teams. It won't matter in the end because only one SEC team can go undefeated. But for the time being they should be the top 3.


yes i see your point but this is the best pure QB Oregon has had since Chip Kelly has been the OC. He has a QB who is a good passer who can run where in past they were runners playing QB

Dixon
Masoli
Thomas
*Mariota

also dont play it like LSU was just an average SEC defense last year. they had the 8th hardest S0S last year and only gave up 11.3 points. LSU was an elite defense last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 24480
Location: 321
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

also dont play it like LSU was just an average SEC defense last year. they had the 8th hardest S0S last year and only gave up 11.3 points. LSU was an elite defense last year.


They were who I meant when I said elite defense. The average defense was Auburn and the elite player Nick Fairley.
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thelawoffices


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 13576
Location: Depths of Gillette Mountain
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida hopped up to 4th in the AP Poll. Not sure that I agree with them over WVU and KSU. The Coaches Poll looks better to me this week, except Oregon State should a couple spots higher, IMO.
_________________
mission27 wrote:
The bad we do in this world is not a result of our values but of our weakness and failure to adhere to those values. The good we do is a result of those values.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eksynyt


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 5915
Location: Oregon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
Florida hopped up to 4th in the AP Poll. Not sure that I agree with them over WVU and KSU. The Coaches Poll looks better to me this week, except Oregon State should a couple spots higher, IMO.


I think Oregon State will lose @ BYU honestly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrILL!


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 20296
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eksynyt wrote:
justo wrote:
Eksynyt wrote:
9 in a row over Washington...awesome.
Rivalry


Yup, hopefully we take a lead in the all time series in the coming decades.

I lol'd at this goal and its necessary length to accomplish.
_________________


Crate Diggin': Hip Hop 101 w/ thrILL! & Willink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12312
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
Eksynyt wrote:
justo wrote:
Eksynyt wrote:
9 in a row over Washington...awesome.
Rivalry


Yup, hopefully we take a lead in the all time series in the coming decades.

I lol'd at this goal and its necessary length to accomplish.

idk what you are talking about...Oregon football started in 1994..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Cryptkeeper


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:


ND has a pretty good shot of being ranked in the top 2 if they go undefeated since the media would love for ND to be great again, I think they're the only non SEC team that could jump OU if OU's undefeated, unless OU starts just scraping by in a few games late in the season and WVU or K-State go undefeated and blow out a few teams. WVU could maaaaybe jump OU if both are undefeated if Geno is still the clear heisman frontrunner.


It's not just media hype, ND's schedule is one of, if not the, toughest in the country. If we go unbeaten through it, there's no reason we shouldn't be playing for the national championship game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Supersuavesky


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 27393
Location: Anywhere But Here
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
It's time for Jimbo to go.

Laughing Overreactions are awesome.
It's not an overreaction. FSU has constantly under performed since he's been hired. They've lost to way too many teams that they completely outclass talent-wise.

Unless FSU wins the ACC and beats Florida then it's time for him to be fired.
I'm thinking the same for Pelini.
_________________
PSN: Suavesky

iPwn wrote:
I'd rather be ignorant to others' ignorance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texasmade


Joined: 05 Nov 2008
Posts: 6816
Location: DTX / ATX
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
It's time for Jimbo to go.
If you're in search of a new head man, might I recommend one Manny Diaz.........Please?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 8529
Location: U of O
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
buno67 wrote:

also dont play it like LSU was just an average SEC defense last year. they had the 8th hardest S0S last year and only gave up 11.3 points. LSU was an elite defense last year.


They were who I meant when I said elite defense. The average defense was Auburn and the elite player Nick Fairley.

Nobody in the SEC beat Auburn that year either...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 61 of 63

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group