Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Ravens Forum ESPN Fantasy Basketball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Scoring Type - H2H Each Category

H2H: Each Category is the most common type of head-to-head play in Fantasy Basketball. In head-to-head matchups, teams compete in each of the league's stat categories, earning a win, loss, or tie in every one. If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs, and you will have the option to set up divisions.

Each stat is counted just like you see in the box scores. Percentages are the totals of your players FGM/FGA and FTM/FTA over the week. They're just 2 of the 9 stat categories.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Scoring Type - H2H Each Category

H2H: Each Category is the most common type of head-to-head play in Fantasy Basketball. In head-to-head matchups, teams compete in each of the league's stat categories, earning a win, loss, or tie in every one. If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs, and you will have the option to set up divisions.

Each stat is counted just like you see in the box scores. Percentages are the totals of your players FGM/FGA and FTM/FTA over the week. They're just 2 of the 9 stat categories.

Ahhhhh, so it's basically whoever wins the most categories for the week wins the "game", right?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. You can tie categories too so that's reflected in your overall record. It doesn't really matter if you win the most categories vs. your opponent each week until the playoffs start. Until then it just determines your record for the playoff seeding. Now you still want to win as many categories per week as possible but it's not like fantasy football scoring (the most common kind at least) where you get a W or L each week.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Yep. You can tie categories too so that's reflected in your overall record. It doesn't really matter if you win the most categories vs. your opponent each week until the playoffs start. Until then it just determines your record for the playoff seeding. Now you still want to win as many categories per week as possible but it's not like fantasy football scoring (the most common kind at least) where you get a W or L each week.

So it's the 4 players that have the most category wins that make the playoffs? Then for the playoffs, it's week winners, correct? (assuming a PO tie is broken by who won more categories throughout the "match")

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

So it's the 4 players that have the most category wins that make the playoffs? Then for the playoffs, it's week winners, correct? (assuming a PO tie is broken by who won more categories throughout the "match")

Exactly.

I'm setting the league for 10 players. There are still three more slots left to be filled.
drd23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep those settings look good to me. I wouldn't mind playing with the FA auction for something different.

I would like to have 1 more bench spot though, as fewer bench spots mean that you need to be more involved (to make sure you don't get too many 0s) and I don't know if I'll have the time (especially the 2nd half of the season) to make the necessary waiver claims to stay competitive

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which categories is Chris Davis eligible for?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:

Positions* My bad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything sounds good to me, but I won't be able to do the draft that entire weekend -- have family coming into town Thurs - Sunday. But, it's no big deal if I can't be there, I can set my autodraft up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Yep those settings look good to me. I wouldn't mind playing with the FA auction for something different.

I would like to have 1 more bench spot though, as fewer bench spots mean that you need to be more involved (to make sure you don't get too many 0s) and I don't know if I'll have the time (especially the 2nd half of the season) to make the necessary waiver claims to stay competitive

With a 10 team league you usually don't have to scour the waiver-wire too frequently. I had something like 8 adds/drops in my other league last season and I won the league. Generally as long as you get your lineups set (which like I said before you can do ahead of time) you're fine. If the rest of the league would prefer another bench spot I'll add it but I don't think it's necessary.

sp6488 wrote:

I have no idea who you're talking about and my search results for players with last name Davis didn't include anybody with the first name Chris.

Flaccomania wrote:
Everything sounds good to me, but I won't be able to do the draft that entire weekend -- have family coming into town Thurs - Sunday. But, it's no big deal if I can't be there, I can set my autodraft up.

I've yet to hear much of any feedback for the draft yet so that date isn't set in stone. It's pretty much the latest possible before the draft but I'm not opposed to having it a week or two earlier (this weekend or next weekend). The rest of the league has to fill up first though.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

sp6488 wrote:

I have no idea who you're talking about and my search results for players with last name Davis didn't include anybody with the first name Chris.

I was joking. Chris Davis is this guy.

Orioles DH/Right Fielder/Left Fielder/First Baseman/Relief Pitcher extrordinaire.

EDIT - Even further off topic, but while googling images of Chris Davis to post on here, saw his wife. All I have to say is Shocked

Last edited by sp6488 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's who I though of initially but I was going to look anyways. He ain't got nothing on this guy though:

Cool
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off this friday and won't know about next week until thursday. I normally work day shifts though (cept thursdays and fridays sometimes) so I should be good most nights depending on the time.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like the idea of going a week before the original date... at least. I can make sure to avoid any Halloween party conflicts.

Seeings as thought drd23 says Fri/Sat afternoons are best and rr28 is "usually" good during the later hours... and both Flaccomania and I would prefer it not to be that weekend.

How about doing this draft on Friday, Oct. 19th at 8:30pm?

The only problem seems to be getting three more guys to participate it seems... which if need be I'm sure we could always extend an offer to fans of the other AFCN squads... could make for a slightly more competitive league.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Yeah I like the idea of going a week before the original date... at least. I can make sure to avoid any Halloween party conflicts.

Seeings as thought drd23 says Fri/Sat afternoons are best and rr28 is "usually" good during the later hours... and both Flaccomania and I would prefer it not to be that weekend.

How about doing this draft on Friday, Oct. 19th at 8:30pm?

The only problem seems to be getting three more guys to participate it seems... which if need be I'm sure we could always extend an offer to fans of the other AFCN squads... could make for a slightly more competitive league.

I'll know if that date/time works on thurs, when the new schedule comes out.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: