Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Ravens Forum ESPN Fantasy Basketball
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: FF Ravens Forum ESPN Fantasy Basketball Reply with quote

Team Owner Key:

Coordinator's Zeroes - coordinator0
Flacco Manias - Flaccomania
That's Turrible (SP6488) - sp6488
DB Jaguars - diamondbull424
RR28 Ru-Ru-Rubio - ravens_rule28
The Secret Harden - HokieRaven5
drd23's Durantulas - drd23
Bmore BetterThanYou - RavensTillIDie
Team N9ne - Gmen4ev
Hyperextended Elbow - wackywabbit

League Home Page:

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueoffice?leagueId=47066&seasonId=2013

League Settings:

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=47066

Free Agent Auction Budget Explanation:

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/resources/help/content?name=waivers-and-free-agency-custom

Last edited by coordinator0 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't follow basketball all too much, but I know most of the players, but never have done fantasy. How often do you have to update lineups and such? I may be interested in giving it a go, but if it's near daily updates I'll probably lose interest quickly.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's pretty much daily updating. You can set your lineups ahead of time (you can go through and do it for the whole season if you want) but it's usually best if you check up on it every day or so. I have a friend who sets his lineups the whole season at once and usually does well but I'm have no idea how he gets so lucky.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Yeah it's pretty much daily updating. You can set your lineups ahead of time (you can go through and do it for the whole season if you want) but it's usually best if you check up on it every day or so. I have a friend who sets his lineups the whole season at once and usually does well but I'm have no idea how he gets so lucky.

Hmm.. sure, why not -- I'm in. Sounds like fun.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never done fantasy basketball. I'll try it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to PM your email addresses, it's the only way to send/accept an invite in an ESPN league. Make sure you have an account on ESPN too.
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not, another fantasy league to annoy my girlfriend with Wink Especially since it's the only reason I would actually care about the NBA in any way Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do it if you need people to fill up spots but I can only do the draft on Friday and Saturday afternoon/nights (after about 4pm EST)

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, for now. I need to make sure I can actually draft. If I can't, I'm out.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to make an ESPN account... and while I've been a big NBA fan in the past... I've never actually done Fantasy basketball. I'll join so that we can get the number of needed heads for this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's 6 or 7 signed up so far. I need email addresses from HokieRaven5, drd23, and ravens_rool28 (if you can draft, the mock draft lobbies at ESPN are up so that's a good place to test).
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of draft do you guys want to do? I don't have a preference so whatever gets the most votes is what we're doing. The type of waivers is also up for debate (standard or free agent auction).

Here are the other relevant bits of information:

Scoring Type: Head to Head Each Category

Rosters: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, UTIL, UTIL, UTIL, BEN, BEN, BEN

Scoring: Points, Blocks, Steals, Assists, Rebounds, Turnovers, Three Pointers Made, Field Goal Percentage, Free Throw Percentage

Trade Deadline - March 13th, 2013 (during the week before our playoffs start). No trade reviews.

Schedule - 19 regular season match-ups, 4 teams make the playoffs, playoff matches are 2 weeks each.

I don't think I missed anything. Let me know if there's anything I missed or you want more of an explanation on.

I'm also thinking about having the draft at about 8-9 P.M. EST on the 26th which is a Friday. Would that work for everybody?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
What kind of draft do you guys want to do? I don't have a preference so whatever gets the most votes is what we're doing. The type of waivers is also up for debate (standard or free agent auction).

Here are the other relevant bits of information:

Scoring Type: Head to Head Each Category

Rosters: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, UTIL, UTIL, UTIL, BEN, BEN, BEN

Scoring: Points, Blocks, Steals, Assists, Rebounds, Turnovers, Three Pointers Made, Field Goal Percentage, Free Throw Percentage

Trade Deadline - March 13th, 2013 (during the week before our playoffs start). No trade reviews.

Schedule - 19 regular season match-ups, 4 teams make the playoffs, playoff matches are 2 weeks each.

I don't think I missed anything. Let me know if there's anything I missed or you want more of an explanation on.

I'm also thinking about having the draft at about 8-9 P.M. EST on the 26th which is a Friday. Would that work for everybody?

I'd rather it be closer to 8 than closer to 9 that Friday. Haven't decided if I'll be going out or anything for Halloween, but I'd like to keep my options open. A 9pm draft could limit some party options... if indeed I decide to do anything.

In terms of the type of draft, I'm guessing it's similar to fantasy football with Auction vs. Snake? If so then I'm thinking while an Auction draft might be cooler, with this being most everyone's first time doing fantasy basketball (from reading the posts) we probably should keep this as simple as possible for this go-round... though I don't have a preference, just pointing out that it might be in our best interest.

Also in terms of Waiver, not sure of the difference. I'm guessing standard waiver is in order of losing record to winning record, while free agent is self explanatory... I think in this case, free agent might be a cool way to go.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, the options for the type of draft are snake or auction.

Here's my breakdown on the waivers:

Standard - I'm sure everybody who has played fantasy is familiar with this. We would be using a 1-day system with no acquisition limits.

Free Agent Auction - This is my favorite type of free agency system for fantasy leagues. Each team starts with $100 and they use that money to bid on players throughout the season. These are blind auctions so you can't see what everybody has bid until the results are announced at 11 A.M. EST every day. When you add a player in free agency the box to indicate how much you want to bid is right at the top of the screen so it's a really easy system to use. The only acquisition limit is how much of your budget you have left.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake draft, and FAA seems pretty cool.

Question: How are points accumulated? Is it 1pt per actual pt/steal/assist/block etc...? If so, how are the %s factored in? And what does it mean "H2H in each category"? ( if i read that correctly )

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: