Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Wk 4: (1-2) Oakland Raiders @ (1-2) Denver Broncos
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: GDT Wk 4: (1-2) Oakland Raiders @ (1-2) Denver Broncos Reply with quote

(1-2) OAKLAND RAIDERS @ (1-2) DENVER BRONCOS

Time: 4.05pm EST

TV: CBS

The best rivalry in Football rears its ugly head once again, as the Denver Broncos kick off their 2012/13 campaign in the AFC West against their most hated rivals; the Oakland Raiders.

Injury Report (Thursday) - Raiders:

Khalif Barnes (T) Groin, DNP

Mike Goodson (RB) Hamstring, LIMITED

Darrius Heyward-Bey (WR) Concussion, DNP

Michael Huff (DB) Knee, FULL

Sebastian Janikowski (K) Groin, LIMITED

Tommy Kelly (DT) Knee, LIMITED

Darren McFadden (RB) Shoulder, LIMITED

Brandon Myers (TE) Concussion, LIMITED

Richard Seymour (DT) Knee, LIMITED

Shawntae Spencer (CB) Foot, DNP

Injury Report (Thursday) - Broncos:

Quinton Carter (S) Knee, DNP

Nate Irving (LB) Concussion, DNP

Chris Kuper (G) Forearm, LIMITED

Matthew Willis (WR) Hamstring, DNP

lomaxgr's keys to the game

* Can the Broncos stop Darren McFadden at Mile High?

McFadden's last 3 visits to Mile High - (2009) 12 carries, 74 yards, 6.2 YPC. (2010) 16 carries, 165 yards, 3 TDs, 10.3 YPC. (2011) 22 carries, 150 yards, 6.8 YPC. The Raiders ZBS is designed to to get chunks of yardage in the ground game, then hit you with the big play off Play Action just like the Texans did to us last week. Whilst I don't the Raiders running game is as dynamic as the Texans, they have WR's who can get deep quick (even without DHB). This brings me to my next point ...

* Can the Broncos force 3rd and long?

The ZBS often protects your Offensive Line in pass protection, as pass rushers need to be wary of misdirection and gap assignments. However, if the Broncos can force obvious passing situations, the bootlegs and Play Action are out of the window. If Von Miller is given the opportunity to pin his ears back and dip the shoulder, then look out Carson.

* Can the Raiders banged up Secondary hold off Peyton Manning?

On paper, this looks like a dream matchup for Peyton Manning. A banged up Secondary that isn't the greatest at full strength, and a pass rush that hasn't been at its best this year. But this game isn't played on paper. The Raiders always up their game at Mile High, and I expect to see Dennis Allen use a lot of zone coverage to avoid 1v1 matchups outside.

I don't do predictions but I am nervous about our ability to defend Run DMC, just like I am every year. Here's hoping for a good game!

MUFC OK
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demariyus needss to start holdin onto them passes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a good spot for the Raiders. The secondary is simply destroyed. Huff will play CB most likely with Lee opposite.

Lee was destroyed by Hartline in week 2. Makes tackles, but gives up easy catches.

Huff is a FS getting a second start at CB. He spend most of last week giving the Steelers WRs 10-12 yard cushions at the line.

Ross could factor as well. He was taken off GB's practice squad. He's unknown at this point.

The Raiders seem intent on letting teams take what they are giving away underneath and hoping to force a turnover or mistake. Worked against the Steelers last week as they forced 2 fumbles.

That said, this is a road game and the Raiders IMO can't matchup defensively. They need to generate pass rush, but simply haven't been able to do so.

The key seems to be pushing the pocket up the middle so Manning can't step up. Seymour and Kelly a year ago would abuse the interior line of Denver's, now it'd be a surprise. Both these guys play has dropped off significantly. Be age or scheme, they are simply not as effective as they once were.

Manning sees the rush off the edge well and steps away from pressure. But the Raiders lack the edge rusher anyhow (unless Carter returns to midseason form this week, which I doubt).

Not really focusing on the Raiders offense, because it will come down to their defense to make a game out of this. I don't think they are up to the task and Denver will win this by 14 easily. A lot would have to go right for the Raiders defensively and can you really expect that 2 weeks in a row?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate predicting these games and I am not gonna. Go State University of New Jersey.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had made predictions but we need to get off to a quick start.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I hate predicting these games and I am not gonna. Go State University of New Jersey.

Rutgers?

Good spot for the Broncos but there is a lot of psychology behind these meetings. Even more so with Dennis Allen now coaching the Raiders. Think we pull it out but doubt it will be as easy as anyone would think.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
This is not a good spot for the Raiders. The secondary is simply destroyed. Huff will play CB most likely with Lee opposite.

Lee was destroyed by Hartline in week 2. Makes tackles, but gives up easy catches.

Huff is a FS getting a second start at CB. He spend most of last week giving the Steelers WRs 10-12 yard cushions at the line.

Ross could factor as well. He was taken off GB's practice squad. He's unknown at this point.

The Raiders seem intent on letting teams take what they are giving away underneath and hoping to force a turnover or mistake. Worked against the Steelers last week as they forced 2 fumbles.

That said, this is a road game and the Raiders IMO can't matchup defensively. They need to generate pass rush, but simply haven't been able to do so.

The key seems to be pushing the pocket up the middle so Manning can't step up. Seymour and Kelly a year ago would abuse the interior line of Denver's, now it'd be a surprise. Both these guys play has dropped off significantly. Be age or scheme, they are simply not as effective as they once were.

Manning sees the rush off the edge well and steps away from pressure. But the Raiders lack the edge rusher anyhow (unless Carter returns to midseason form this week, which I doubt).

Not really focusing on the Raiders offense, because it will come down to their defense to make a game out of this. I don't think they are up to the task and Denver will win this by 14 easily. A lot would have to go right for the Raiders defensively and can you really expect that 2 weeks in a row?

2-2 oakland on top of division
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Care to explain how the Raiders are going to stop Manning from marching up and down the field on their defense? I'm all ears.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Care to explain how the Raiders are going to stop Manning from marching up and down the field on their defense? I'm all ears.

You should see a dermatologist about that ear infection. Seems like a real problem.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a game that the Broncos should win handily. However, I bet it's a lot closer than 14, BP. Denver has a long history of not taking advantage of teams when they're vulnerable. I guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what makes rivalries like these sustainable? I mean, the players change over and over and over and over and over again. And, several of the players have probably played together and are friends, yet the Raiders v. Broncos has always maintained some kind of turmoil between them.

Is it the fans that keep the hatred between the two teams alive?
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos need to win this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

basically you said same thing last week with rothles along with wallace, brown, and heath.

dline creates pressure and you know how we'll stop em. denver has the same issue with dmac and some mismatches in the making. subpar lb core. we take adv of that. they take adv of a weak secondary in oak

better receivers in pitts. continuity at offense in pitt. better coaching staff and arguably better o line over there in addition to

so explain how denver will stop dmac and company when the offense is balancing out?

sure it may come down to a shoot out. the play of manning it does nothing for me thus far. anybody's game

oak on top
brassglobos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

basically you said same thing last week with rothles along with wallace, brown, and heath.

dline creates pressure and you know how we'll stop em. denver has the same issue with dmac and some mismatches in the making. subpar lb core. we take adv of that. they take adv of a weak secondary in oak

better receivers in pitts. continuity at offense in pitt. better coaching staff and arguably better o line over there in addition to

so explain how denver will stop dmac and company when the offense is balancing out?

sure it may come down to a shoot out. the play of manning it does nothing for me thus far. anybody's game

oak on top

Please continue this debate in our GDT Laughing

Two oak fans going at it over if there team is going to win Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: