Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game #5: Just the Facts (Giants GDT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wukusimw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame to see TRich dejected on the sideline. I pray for his sake that his career is not ruined by a carousel around him much like MJD and Jackson. He can carry the team to victory but when he isn't in there on third downs and the crucial plays of the game its going to be hard to win.

At some points the play calling has been really good, but every game there are 5 plays that put the players in bad positions on plays or on subsequent plays. The third and shorts and around the fifty yard line have been particularly bad. Keep 33 out there, and don't do this gimmicky stuff at the fifty yard line. The double reverses, the weird bubble screens, all the useless play calls that our players can't execute because they haven't had enough time together. Either go deep with it, try a 20 yard route, a screen to the rb, or a special play for cribbs or cameron instead. Hopefully this ship gets righted but the same play calls have been happening for a year now and its absolutely dejecting to watch as a fan when the players that everyone loves to watch the most and know can make the plays are sitting watching or are being held back from using their capabilities.

Trent looked absolutely outstanding and I would have loved to see him have the chance to win the game. I be hoping for a new coach and Geno Smith cu those are the two most important positions when it comes to winning games. Weeden can be a really good one but Shurmur just looks t be a dud. Get a smart coach who plays hard nosed football and thats all this team will need. No more DE's, no more LB's, G's, Wr's, Rb's, Qb, definitely a FS, but more so a HC that WINS games.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see i think im one of the select fews that we arent running all that much with TRich.

I kinda love it that he hasnt record 20+ carries yet in a game. I would hate to run him in the ground in meaningless game. I like it that we give him work but that we dont over work him.

Keeps a lot more tread on his wells until we really need to ride him. I like it that we pass more to develop Weeden a lil more and help develop our WRs. Passing more gives weeden more chances to improve his game and gives the chances to our WRs to break out (momass, he has looked good so far) or show to us they suck (little, cant catch anything)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
Its a shame to see TRich dejected on the sideline. I pray for his sake that his career is not ruined by a carousel around him much like MJD and Jackson. He can carry the team to victory but when he isn't in there on third downs and the crucial plays of the game its going to be hard to win.

At some points the play calling has been really good, but every game there are 5 plays that put the players in bad positions on plays or on subsequent plays. The third and shorts and around the fifty yard line have been particularly bad. Keep 33 out there, and don't do this gimmicky stuff at the fifty yard line. The double reverses, the weird bubble screens, all the useless play calls that our players can't execute because they haven't had enough time together. Either go deep with it, try a 20 yard route, a screen to the rb, or a special play for cribbs or cameron instead. Hopefully this ship gets righted but the same play calls have been happening for a year now and its absolutely dejecting to watch as a fan when the players that everyone loves to watch the most and know can make the plays are sitting watching or are being held back from using their capabilities.

Trent looked absolutely outstanding and I would have loved to see him have the chance to win the game. I be hoping for a new coach and Geno Smith cu those are the two most important positions when it comes to winning games. Weeden can be a really good one but Shurmur just looks t be a dud. Get a smart coach who plays hard nosed football and thats all this team will need. No more DE's, no more LB's, G's, Wr's, Rb's, Qb, definitely a FS, but more so a HC that WINS games.

Richardson should be the feature this O is focused on. Someone should tell Shurmur.
kelbot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
see i think im one of the select fews that we arent running all that much with TRich.

I kinda love it that he hasnt record 20+ carries yet in a game. I would hate to run him in the ground in meaningless game. I like it that we give him work but that we dont over work him.

Keeps a lot more tread on his wells until we really need to ride him. I like it that we pass more to develop Weeden a lil more and help develop our WRs. Passing more gives weeden more chances to improve his game and gives the chances to our WRs to break out (momass, he has looked good so far) or show to us they suck (little, cant catch anything)

Agreed. But Trich probably doesn't. Might be getting frustrated.

I'll give it to Shurumur, though. If this team pans out, it will be because he was the ultimate corporate shill and, consequently, fall guy. I guess it could be viewed as all of them being on the same page.

Good to see Gordon show promise. He needs to pan out in the worst way.
kelbot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
wukusimw wrote:

Richardson should be the feature this O is focused on. Someone should tell Shurmur.

He's touching the ball 20 times a game, after missing the whole preseason, on a team that is consistenly coming from behind. Obgayana is a better better 3rd down back right now (blocking and recieving, he is more consistent. Ball in their hands, it's not close). He is playing 80% of the snaps. His usage isn't the reason they're losing.
pmk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the game, had to drink it off in brooklyn after. That weeden int in the second quarter was killer, instead of going in potentially up 10 at half they walked into the locker room down down by 10. Pass defense looked god awful again but gotta give credit to the giants WR they made some tough catches. Once Haden comes back I don't expect to see guys like Cruz wide open in the endzone. Run D looked good up the middle but they struggled with contain on the outside especially when Rucker was sitting.

Trich finally had a great all around game, looked like he could break one whenever he touched the ball. Still got hit in the backfield more than I would like to see but the giants have a sick D line. Guard play looked better than the past few weeks especially in the screen game. Really liked what they were trying to do on offense, getting Richardson on the edge against DBs and attacking the middle of the D through the passing game. Greg Little managed to not have any drops but was completely locked down by Webster. Good to see Gordon getting a lot of reps and Benjamin was a huge miss this week. Norwood had some nice grabs but Benjamin has been good for 4-10 yards on that failed end around on pure speed.

They got outplayed today by a potential repeat super bowl champ but things are looking up. Not sure if Shurmur and co. make it to 2014 but there is talent out there. Pat needs to develop Weedman into a QB asap if wants to keep his job. He's made some great throws but also some that just make you put your head down and question why we have a ginger as a QB.

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I really hear the announcer say that the Referee was Tom Coughlin's son-in-law? How does the league allow that to happen?

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Did I really hear the announcer say that the Referee was Tom Coughlin's son-in-law? How does the league allow that to happen?

His son in law is his RG, Chris Snee IIRC.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

His son in law is his RG, Chris Snee IIRC.

You are correct, sir.
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about the injuries?

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So uhhh who wants to cut Norwood again?

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey at least we didn't sign Mario Williams to a hundred million dollar contract

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Hey at least we didn't sign Mario Williams to a hundred million dollar contract

I've heard every excuse in the book for him from Bills fans.

I find it kinda funny.

Of course, maybe they are just trying to be positive instead of realistic about things. Not sure which it is.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52

Jump to: