Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players on the rebound on your team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRC without a doubt. He's been playing pretty well this season after nearly being cast off as a bust in his final year in ARZ and last year after being traded for Kolb.




Plus his fashion sense has been off the chain:




_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bailey24broncos


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1012
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahim Moore: Last year as a rookie he was absolutley pathetic, he couldn't tackle my grandma. He would launch his body at people and just bounce off. this year however, he has been solid in coverage without making any mistakes really, and has become a good tackler who loves to make a big hit. So far this season he leads our team in solo tackles. One downfall is that he has already dropped a couple of would be intercceptions.

J.D Walton: Too bad he is out for the seaon, but he really stepped up his play before getting hurt this year. He was our second best lineman behind Clady who is also much better this year. But Walton was getting off the line quick and holding his own in one-on-ones. It really sucks that his season is over.
_________________

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 9076
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Hawk
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 46748
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradley Feltcher was playing lights out before tearing his ACL again..
He has been playing GREAT this year again.
_________________


mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 4746
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tramon Williams- Great 2010, average 2011, Close to elite 2012 (so far)

Sam Shields-Was good for an undrafted rookie, but didn't really improve at all last year and actually may have regressed a bit with the rest of the defense. Looking like a darn good piece for us again though.

AJ Hawk-Dare I say, he's actually playing like a top 10 pick now? Seems like Clay has almost rubbed off on AJ. Playing with a mean streak finally and seems to be all around the ball.

Erik Walden-Went from absolutely useless to a decent rotational OLB.

B.J Raji-Still not like 2010, but the big guy has been much more of an impact so far this year then last year. Probably because Worthy looks legit as a 5-tech and Pickett can finally eat space with Walden and Perry helping Clay a bit.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7726
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Bradley Feltcher was playing lights out before tearing his ACL again..
He has been playing GREAT this year again.


Good to hear. No marquee names, but if he stays healthy the Rams could have the best corner group in the NFL.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7679
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely DRC. People really were all over him last year and now he is giving the Eagles really good reasons as to why they should pay him the $$ he deserves.

DeMeco Ryans is a pretty obvious candidate. People last year thought his career could possibly be over...He tore his achilles and the Texans seemingly "cast him away" for a 5th round draft pick. He has been nothing short of remarkable this season for us.

DeSean Jackson in a sense is definitely on the "rebound". He has looked amazing so far this year after getting paid.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 10357
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jovan Belcher

And to a lesser extent, Brandon Flowers and Dwayne Bowe. Neither were bad last year, but they took a step back from their respective 2010 forms, and now both look closer to their great seasons back then.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8252
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of our defense.
Williams and Shields - Both look miles better than last year. They both have the potential to be top flight Man to Man corners but both especially Shields struggle with zone. Tramon is also notably worse when he doesn't get his hands on the WR, needs to press.

AJ Hawk- It's more of an agression and mindset thing, he never used to be a kill shot type of guy. Now he has been super agressive and driving guys backwards insead of falling back.

James Jones - He has been outstanding this year. He was the only offensive player to show up against the 49ers, had a so-so performace vs the Bears. Had a couple nice plays against the Seahawks and then went ape---- on the Saints, driving the dagger through their heart at the end of the game with that cold blooded catch.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7726
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
A lot of our defense.
Williams and Shields - Both look miles better than last year. They both have the potential to be top flight Man to Man corners but both especially Shields struggle with zone. Tramon is also notably worse when he doesn't get his hands on the WR, needs to press.

AJ Hawk- It's more of an agression and mindset thing, he never used to be a kill shot type of guy. Now he has been super agressive and driving guys backwards insead of falling back.

James Jones - He has been outstanding this year. He was the only offensive player to show up against the 49ers, had a so-so performace vs the Bears. Had a couple nice plays against the Seahawks and then went ape---- on the Saints, driving the dagger through their heart at the end of the game with that cold blooded catch.


Dat sig. Laughing
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 29663
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Think

I'll go with either Michael Oher- went from below average RT to above average (maybe) LT...

Though I suppose Joe Flacco could be considered. 2011 was probably a slump in terms of his pass accuracy and that number has jumped back to his career standard, along with him having a big time year statistically in other regards. I'm not so sure with him that it's a rebound so much as taking it to another level however. So it depends on how you're defining rebound here.


I will also add Albert McClellan to this list. Didn't even play last year and is now a starter (or should be a starter) this year. But good list there.

How about Ed Reed also?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 30197
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Think

I'll go with either Michael Oher- went from below average RT to above average (maybe) LT...

Though I suppose Joe Flacco could be considered. 2011 was probably a slump in terms of his pass accuracy and that number has jumped back to his career standard, along with him having a big time year statistically in other regards. I'm not so sure with him that it's a rebound so much as taking it to another level however. So it depends on how you're defining rebound here.


I will also add Albert McClellan to this list. Didn't even play last year and is now a starter (or should be a starter) this year. But good list there.

How about Ed Reed also?
I don't know if you could consider McClellan on the 'rebound' when he never really had any sort of track record for this season to begin with. He's just another 'next man up' kind of depth guy getting his shot and making the most of it.

Someone I think might fit the bill is Dannell Ellerbe. Had a strong rookie season where he looked like he could fill Bart Scott's void as the thumper next to Ray Lewis, but regressed badly, got caught in Harbaugh's doghouse, freelanced too much without being nearly enough of a playmaker for that to be acceptable, and all around started to look like a scrub, falling behind Jameel McClain on the depth chart.

Ellerbe is still a sieve in coverage but has shown so far this year to be more effective than McClain against the run and blitzing up the middle after the quarterback. He's still a role player, but he's definitely rediscovered a worthwhile spot in the defensive rotation. So far on the year he has 2.5 sacks, 2 FF, and 1 TFL.

Can't really think of anyone else who deserves a shout-out. The biggest turnaround by any Ravens individual so far this year would probably be Cam Cameron. Only one of the trifecta of 'most hated men in Baltimore after last season' (Billy Cundiff and Lee Evans being the others) to be back with us, and so far this year has helped pilot the offense to gaudy numbers: 5th in scoring at 30.3 ppg and 2nd in yards with 424 ypg.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart Scott, in the sense that he has not regressed. He appears to be slightly better than he was last year, but he's still nowhere near as good as he used to be.

RB Bilal Powell had a very unimpressive rookie season, but he has undoubtedly been the Jets' best RB so far this season. I think he can take over as the feature back within the next few weeks.

Vlad Ducasse has also proved to the point that he is rotating for snaps at LG. His first two seasons were a major disappointment, but he might be ready to shed the bust label.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1708
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the aforementioned Devin McCourty, Jermaine Cunningham has been great in as a rotational player for the Patriots. He went from OLB starter in 2010 to afterthought DE in 2011 to impressing as backup DT/DE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 29663
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Think

I'll go with either Michael Oher- went from below average RT to above average (maybe) LT...

Though I suppose Joe Flacco could be considered. 2011 was probably a slump in terms of his pass accuracy and that number has jumped back to his career standard, along with him having a big time year statistically in other regards. I'm not so sure with him that it's a rebound so much as taking it to another level however. So it depends on how you're defining rebound here.


I will also add Albert McClellan to this list. Didn't even play last year and is now a starter (or should be a starter) this year. But good list there.

How about Ed Reed also?
I don't know if you could consider McClellan on the 'rebound' when he never really had any sort of track record for this season to begin with. He's just another 'next man up' kind of depth guy getting his shot and making the most of it.

Someone I think might fit the bill is Dannell Ellerbe. Had a strong rookie season where he looked like he could fill Bart Scott's void as the thumper next to Ray Lewis, but regressed badly, got caught in Harbaugh's doghouse, freelanced too much without being nearly enough of a playmaker for that to be acceptable, and all around started to look like a scrub, falling behind Jameel McClain on the depth chart.

Ellerbe is still a sieve in coverage but has shown so far this year to be more effective than McClain against the run and blitzing up the middle after the quarterback. He's still a role player, but he's definitely rediscovered a worthwhile spot in the defensive rotation. So far on the year he has 2.5 sacks, 2 FF, and 1 TFL.

Can't really think of anyone else who deserves a shout-out. The biggest turnaround by any Ravens individual so far this year would probably be Cam Cameron. Only one of the trifecta of 'most hated men in Baltimore after last season' (Billy Cundiff and Lee Evans being the others) to be back with us, and so far this year has helped pilot the offense to gaudy numbers: 5th in scoring at 30.3 ppg and 2nd in yards with 424 ypg.


Ellerbe is actually a REALLY good pick for rebound player. I like that one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group