Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The maturation of Geno Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
^Geno is great under pressure, so thats not a concern really. Also against LSU last year he showed that he can also forget bad plays. Threw a couple interceptions early, but kept on fighting and had a good game although didnt pull out a win.

I think on the field hes a different person then he is off. Dont know how often you hear this about players in the NFL, but Im fine with my QB being hard on himself after a game even a win. What was that quote by Vince Lombardi again?

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”

The good thing is I have read several comments that Smith has made that shows he has confidence i himself. That leads me to believe alot of his "I need to do this better and that better" is not really a case of him being excessively hard on himself.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to the game against Texas. I hope the Longhorn defense can get some pressure on Smith to see how he does under pressure.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread for the future New York Jets QB. Twisted Evil

Seriously, he is going to be a very good QB. May the best (or is it worst?) team get him.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000069406/article/matt-barkley-vs-geno-smith-burgeoning-2013-nfl-draft-debate?module=HP11_content_stream

Figured this might be a good article to slide in here. According to Brooks Smith is the clear front-runner. He talks about arm strength, something Rage and I discussed in another thread. I want to hear the ball getting to our receivers...not watch them get consistently upended because of horrible high/inaccurate throws.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Great thread for the future New York Jets QB. Twisted Evil

Seriously, he is going to be a very good QB. May the best (or is it worst?) team get him.

Tebow will win you 3+ games and take you out of the running! Razz Laughing
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000069406/article/matt-barkley-vs-geno-smith-burgeoning-2013-nfl-draft-debate?module=HP11_content_stream

Figured this might be a good article to slide in here. According to Brooks Smith is the clear front-runner. He talks about arm strength, something Rage and I discussed in another thread. I want to hear the ball getting to our receivers...not watch them get consistently upended because of horrible high/inaccurate throws.

Awesome read. Barkley had a good day today but I soured badly on him after the Stanford game earlier in the year. (week 2 or so?)
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we as a fan base are falling in love with Geno Smith (me too)...but we can't lose sight of the fact that we may not get Geno...so I just want to remind everyone of this fact...

Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Colin Klein (*couldn't resist), E.J. Manuel, my dead grandmother, a drunk money all > Matt Cassel
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I know we as a fan base are falling in love with Geno Smith (me too)...but we can't lose sight of the fact that we may not get Geno...so I just want to remind everyone of this fact...

Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Colin Klein (*couldn't resist), E.J. Manuel, my dead grandmother, a drunk money all > Matt Cassel

Let me have my kool aid in peace DT. Wink
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

All his NFL games obviously won't look like that. How might he handle a 12 for 25 170 2 INT day? I know he can look to improve on his play.. but can he forget the bad plays/performances when they happen?

He had a 0 TD 2 INT late in the last game of the season before the Orange Bowl. He also wasn't fazed by mid-game line struggles and crowd taunts on the road today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Nic, throwing the WR open is something we as Chiefs fans don't understand. It's the concept of throwing not to where the receiver is, and maybe not even where they will be, but rather where you need them to be and understanding they will be there.

In Cassel's terms this is at about the 11' mark vertically for Bowe and Baldwin.

It's truly about knowing where you can put the ball to help your receiver make a play.

It's a phrase I've been hearing a lot lately in broadcasts of the game.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I understand the concept but just have never heard of that statement before.

I always thought it meant that your ball speed and placement are so good that you turn a covered guy into an open guy. Still understandably a foreign concept to Chiefs fans.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Nic, throwing the WR open is something we as Chiefs fans don't understand. It's the concept of throwing not to where the receiver is, and maybe not even where they will be, but rather where you need them to be and understanding they will be there.

In Cassel's terms this is at about the 11' mark vertically for Bowe and Baldwin.

It's truly about knowing where you can put the ball to help your receiver make a play.

It's a phrase I've been hearing a lot lately in broadcasts of the game.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I understand the concept but just have never heard of that statement before.

I always thought it meant that your ball speed and placement are so good that you turn a covered guy into an open guy. Still understandably a foreign concept to Chiefs fans.

that's what DT58 said but just not as simply. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: