Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5 GDT: Chicago Bears @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, congrats on a real statement win and strong season so far.

we'd love it over in the Purple Lounge if you'd give us a rundown on yesterday's game here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14785462&highlight=#14785462

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
BearsDen1-99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tillman and linebacker Lance Briggs became the first teammates in NFL history to each have interception return touchdowns in consecutive weeks.

http://www.csnchicago.com/football-chicago-bears/bears-talk/Tillman-makes-college-Bears-NFL-history-?blockID=785729&feedID=10330

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Someone needs to make a Sig or avy out of that Bush hurdle. AND it needs to be a part of the GDT OP going forward.

The Jaguars forum had it.

I added it to the OP so it's easy to find in 2 weeks.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Brad Biggs:
Quote:
#Bears with 501 yards total offense. First time they have topped 500 since Sept. 24, 1989 with 542 in win over Lions at Silverdome.

No word on Twitter on Alshon's hand yet either.

Unless it's broken I'm not sure we will hear anything more than "He's getting better" until after the bye. Kid's a real player though so hopefully it's not serious.

Also, as for early returns (thru 5 games):

Jeffery: 14/184/2
Michael Floyd: 6/60/1

Not sayin'. Just sayin'.
I Never wanted Floyd over AJ. Watched Floyd to other night and he looked good but I wanted AJ over him and still do.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
One last thing: if you watch the end of the Briggs TD, Jags WR Mike Thomas gets caught in the celebration. Briggs and Jennings give him a hug like he helped blocked for the score. Laughing

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000077930/Gabbert-second-pick-six
That was hilarious. But those Jag home uniforms do look kinda like the Bears home jerseys.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Someone needs to make a Sig or avy out of that Bush hurdle. AND it needs to be a part of the GDT OP going forward.

The Jaguars forum had it.

I added it to the OP so it's easy to find in 2 weeks.
That is hilarious watching the Jag TOTALLY miss Bush. BTW when did hurdling become legal? I never saw it called except against - Butkus after he intercepted a pass and took off for the goal line.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think defensively, this game is going to serve as a blueprint for Houston next month. Bears played single-high safety almost exclusively against Jacksonville. I think we're going to see the same thing, with Major Wright spending most of the game in the box against Foster, trying to force Houston to throw the ball on what has been a very opportunistic, ball-hawking defense.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
One last thing: if you watch the end of the Briggs TD, Jags WR Mike Thomas gets caught in the celebration. Briggs and Jennings give him a hug like he helped blocked for the score. Laughing

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000077930/Gabbert-second-pick-six
That was hilarious. But those Jag home uniforms do look kinda like the Bears home jerseys.
I have watched this over and over and I can't stop laughing!!! Laughing Laughing
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
I have watched this over and over and I can't stop laughing!!! Laughing Laughing

I think TJ and LB felt bad for Thomas that they get to celebrate in the end zone, a place Thomas had no chance of finding himself. Wink

P.S. I rewatched the game, and I thought Gabe Carimi had a nice game run blocking. I know the pass blocking has been shaky, but I really like what I'm seeing from the run blocking of the O-line, especially Carimi, Louis, and Rachal.
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I think defensively, this game is going to serve as a blueprint for Houston next month. Bears played single-high safety almost exclusively against Jacksonville. I think we're going to see the same thing, with Major Wright spending most of the game in the box against Foster, trying to force Houston to throw the ball on what has been a very opportunistic, ball-hawking defense.

This is going to be tough, they have an elite WR and several other player who can flat out ball. Walters and Owens are sick.

I think we have to play a soft zone and let them dink and dink us and shut down the run with 7 players. If we can't stop the run they will play action us to hell!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears
LM: NFL has split 1 of Corey Wootton's 2 sacks last Sunday with Henry Melton, increasing Melton's team-leading total to 4.5 this season

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears
LM: NFL has split 1 of Corey Wootton's 2 sacks last Sunday with Henry Melton, increasing Melton's team-leading total to 4.5 this season

And he's only going to get better...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: