Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Watching this Utah-USC game now makes me want Lotulelei even more. Guy is a beast. Him and Casey would make a hell of a duo.

Star just carried 3 dudes into the backfield with him.

Remind you of anybody? Haynesworth without the trouble?

Contract year Haynesworth, or non-contract year?

Contract year. I can only imagine the middle of our defense if we took Lotulelei. Him and Casey up front with McCarthy backing them up = Shocked Nobody will run on this D. It might even cover up for Griffin's horribleness Laughing
coleman51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any safeties I can look forward to in rounds 2-4?

I'd love Werner or Star with the first pick.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Watching this Utah-USC game now makes me want Lotulelei even more. Guy is a beast. Him and Casey would make a hell of a duo.

Star just carried 3 dudes into the backfield with him.

Remind you of anybody? Haynesworth without the trouble?

Contract year Haynesworth, or non-contract year?

Contract year. I can only imagine the middle of our defense if we took Lotulelei. Him and Casey up front with McCarthy backing them up = Shocked Nobody will run on this D. It might even cover up for Griffin's horribleness Laughing

He actually reminds memore of Ngata. He's much quicker than Haynesworth ever dreamed of being. Haynesworth overpowered people, Ngata is that with exceptional technique and deceptive quickness. Star is Ngata 2.0 in my eyes. He's one of those dudes you take whether you need him or not because he's that good.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Any safeties I can look forward to in rounds 2-4?

I'd love Werner or Star with the first pick.

Baccari Rambo, Kenny Vaccaro, the kid from Washington (Trufant maybe?), Elam from Florida, and maybe Robert Lester depending on what kind of season he puts together. Those guys are round 2-3 guys but there's a lot of the season left.

Adopt A Titan

prozac77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely not their biggest need, but I would love to see the Titans draft Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter. Guys who have that combination of size and speed. I'm over Britt. I think the club is too. When he isn't in trouble, he's injured.

I haven't watched Star Lotulelei, but a big guy who can plug the middle of line and keep blockers off the linebackers would help the defense out immensely.
Blazed-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Safety is the most glaring and I don't know if there is a Safety work a high pick or a 1st round pick where we may be picking.

But I think DE is the pick and or a highly rated safety.

Eric Reid best safety to come out since Eric Berry.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozac77 wrote:
It's definitely not their biggest need, but I would love to see the Titans draft Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter. Guys who have that combination of size and speed. I'm over Britt. I think the club is too. When he isn't in trouble, he's injured.

I haven't watched Star Lotulelei, but a big guy who can plug the middle of line and keep blockers off the linebackers would help the defense out immensely.

I'll cry if we draft a receiver that high.

Adopt A Titan

prozac77

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
prozac77 wrote:

Laughing I guess it depends on how high you think they will be picking. The Titans are really bad right now, but I feel like they'll get it going at some point and finish around 6-10 or 7-9. Leaving them to pick at around 8-14. That seems like a good spot for Hunter or Allen.

If they're picking top 5, they'll go BPA and who knows who that is on their Big Board. Could be Werner, Jones, Lotulelei, or Montgomery.
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
prozac77 wrote:

We would be like Matt Millen and the Lions, 3 first round WR

It looks to be a big year for FA WR, if we want a playmaker there will be one on the market. I like our WR corps though when healthy.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Johnathan Jenkins from Georgia or Johnathan Hankins from Ohio State? Jenkins I know is a 3-4 nose tackle because thats what Georgia runs, Wasn't their talk about the Titans switching to the 3-4? If so one of them could be that player we need to do it.
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Star could really be the real deal, I'm always weary of DT's. They can be man among boys in college but get to the NFL and just be another rotational guy.

I don't know much about Star at the moment, but if he has the motor and desire....then good deal... Smile
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
While Star could really be the real deal, I'm always weary of DT's. They can be man among boys in college but get to the NFL and just be another rotational guy.

I don't know much about Star at the moment, but if he has the motor and desire....then good deal... Smile

He has motor and desire. He was a top prospect at one time, let his grades slip, and wound up moving furniture for a year for a living. Since then he's been a model citizen and shows that desire to be a beast. Also, it it was taking 3 OL just to slow him down last night I think he'll be ok in the NFL Wink

Adopt A Titan

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be picking middle of the pack... if there is a top S prospect there, that'd be my choice... C 2nd... DL and OL the rest of the way.

by the way... what the hell happened to Klug?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody really thinks DE is a need?

To me it's high on the list.....
Flylow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Nobody really thinks DE is a need?

To me it's high on the list.....

To me you can have all the pass rushing DEs you want, but without that one guy in the middle (at DT) that can push Guards and Centers back. You won't get many Sacks and QBs will have FOREVER to torch any secondary. Which is why the Titans can't cover TEs and give up tons of passing yards, weekly.

We are fine at DE, starting wise, and no way should you take a 'depth' guy in the 1st. The problem on the D-Line is that we have no 'big' guy that can rush the passer with force. Marks/Klug can on occasions, but most of their sacks come from when the secondary actually covers or when we actually blitz. While Martin/Casey are mostly run stoppers and don't have the ability to rush the QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: