Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: The Draft Thread Reply with quote

Its never to early to talk about the draft and judging by the Titans play so far, I think we will draft atleast top 10. So I want to know: What spot do you think we draft? Who will we draft when it is our pick? And who will we look at in the later rounds? I don't get to watch alot of college football other than the prime time games because of work so I can't realy gauge a prospects worth. I personaly think we go pass rusher or interior d-line in the first and o-line in the second. I see alot of mocks with us taking one of the two DEs from LSU, but from what I've seen from them I really don't see alot to warrant a top 10 pick. Some other mocks have us taking that DE from FSU. What are your opinions on this?
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10 and for the love of all things holy Chance Warmack OG Bama. The kid can and has played every position on the OL at Bama and done so proficiently so if worst came to it he can move around and still be effective. Other than that Eric Reid or Bjorne Werner would be good top 10 guys. I'll write up a full draft analysis tonight.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this very early point in the process, I think the Titans should maybe a "big board" consisting of d-line, o-line, and safeties. The first three rounds should be spent taking the best available player from each of these positions.

For example:

1) Bjoern Werner, DE FSU (a top DT that slides on draft day would be good here too)

2) Khaled Homes, C USC

3) Bacarri Rambo, S UGA
Flylow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I see the Titans getting a top 10 pick, if not top 5, and no worse than top 15. With that said, I'm not a huge college football follower, I can't name players, but if we could possibly find a DT (like a mini Albert Haynesworth) then that would fix our pass rush. Instead of trying to go after some undersized DE with speed, get a big guy that overpowers the interior linemen of the opposing team. And if a guy like that isn't worth a top 10/15 pick, then I would be fine with a S/CB. Someone who can come in and be our shutdown defender on the back end.

Last edited by Flylow on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
Right now, I see the Titans getting a top 10 pick, if not top 5, and no worse than top 15. With that said, I'm not a huge college football follower, I can't name players, but if we could possibly find a DT (like a mini Albert Haynesworth) then that would fix our pass rush. Instead of trying to go after some undersized DE with speed, get a big guy that overpowers the interior linemen of the opposing team. And if a guy like that isn't worth a top 10/15 pick, then I would be find with a S/CB. Someone who can come in and be our shutdown defender on the back end.

I completely agree, right now our defensive problems are stemming from our lack of an interior pass rush and our lack of quality play in the secondary. With a top 5 pick, we could score one of the top defensive line prospects in the whole draft, so maybe that is something to look forward to if the season gets out of control. Personally I would still rather make the playoffs, but this team needs improvements made soon and this draft may be good for that (its pretty strong/deep in d-line and safeties)
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
Right now, I see the Titans getting a top 10 pick, if not top 5, and no worse than top 15. With that said, I'm not a huge college football follower, I can't name players, but if we could possibly find a DT (like a mini Albert Haynesworth) then that would fix our pass rush. Instead of trying to go after some undersized DE with speed, get a big guy that overpowers the interior linemen of the opposing team. And if a guy like that isn't worth a top 10/15 pick, then I would be find with a S/CB. Someone who can come in and be our shutdown defender on the back end.

Star Loutuleilei (sp?) would be the guy you're looking for. He reminds me of Haoli Ngata coming out of college in the sense that a man that big shouldn't move like that.

Adopt A Titan

KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep saying it. Smile

The Titans won't draft a guy to play interior in the Top 10 lucky if you sniff the 1st round with that....
As long as Munchak is affiliated with the team, I don't see it happening.
OT's yes. If they think the Alabama guy will eventually take over for one the OT's maybe, but not to play OG or C. Just not going to happen.

But I think the Titans have to take a DE in the draft. We are pretty heavy at DT. DE is the position that we lack.
Morgan is becoming a good role player, but not impact.
Wimbley is a nice addition but can't change it by himself.
We are good at LB, depth is needed.
Corner we could add someone there but i think again that is more for depth.
Safety is the most glaring and I don't know if there is a Safety work a high pick or a 1st round pick where we may be picking.

Depending on the year, RB could be in play and if Britt doesn't look like he is ever going to be the same then....wait for it....... WR might be in play..lol

But I think DE is the pick and or a highly rated safety.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotulelei, Jarvis Jones, Bjoern Werner, Eric Reid, Sam Montgomery

That's my top 5 at the moment but if Lotulelei doesn't start proving more, he'll get dropped.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'll keep saying it. Smile

The Titans won't draft a guy to play interior in the Top 10 lucky if you sniff the 1st round with that....
As long as Munchak is affiliated with the team, I don't see it happening.
OT's yes. If they think the Alabama guy will eventually take over for one the OT's maybe, but not to play OG or C. Just not going to happen.

But I think the Titans have to take a DE in the draft. We are pretty heavy at DT. DE is the position that we lack.
Morgan is becoming a good role player, but not impact.
Wimbley is a nice addition but can't change it by himself.
We are good at LB, depth is needed.
Corner we could add someone there but i think again that is more for depth.
Safety is the most glaring and I don't know if there is a Safety work a high pick or a 1st round pick where we may be picking.

Depending on the year, RB could be in play and if Britt doesn't look like he is ever going to be the same then....wait for it....... WR might be in play..lol

But I think DE is the pick and or a highly rated safety.

DE and S are both really deep positions in this draft. Star would have to be the pick if he were there because talent like him doesn't come along often. If we decided to go 3-4, Jarvis Jones could be the pick.

Adopt A Titan

KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Montgermery from LSU. I think he could be an impact DE.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Lotuleilei. Bad. Or any combination of DE/S.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this Utah-USC game now makes me want Lotulelei even more. Guy is a beast. Him and Casey would make a hell of a duo.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Watching this Utah-USC game now makes me want Lotulelei even more. Guy is a beast. Him and Casey would make a hell of a duo.

Star just carried 3 dudes into the backfield with him.

Adopt A Titan

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Remind you of anybody? Haynesworth without the trouble?
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Remind you of anybody? Haynesworth without the trouble?

Contract year Haynesworth, or non-contract year?

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: