Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raves Ideal 2013 Saints Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Raves Ideal 2013 Saints Draft Reply with quote

I'm bored, it's late, I'm making a mock draft.

(I expect us to win a few more games, but not enough to really make a difference with a rather tough schedule)
#5-Johnathan Hankins, DT Ohio State
*Trade our 2014 1st round pick to San Francisco for the #30 pick*
#30-William Gholston, DE Michigan State
#69-Terry Hawthorne, CB Illinois
#101-Seantrel Henderson, OT Miami (FL)
#133-Josh Boyce, WR TCU
#165-LaAdrian Waddle, OT Texas Tech
#197-Jake Stoneburner, TE Ohio State

Gives us help defensively and offensively at positions of need.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Raves Ideal 2013 Saints Draft Reply with quote

Raves wrote:

(I expect us to win a few more games, but not enough to really make a difference with a rather tough schedule)
#133-Josh Boyce, WR TCU

Ok...

I'm a big fan of Big Jon Hankins nut I personally feel we will go on a run, make it intresting but still miss the playoffs and end up picking somewhere between 12-16. So, naturally I don't think we'll have a shot at Big Hank without a trade.

My guy this year is Purdue's Kawann Short but if we landed Ol Hank I'd be thrilled to say the least!

Now as far as the trade... obviously we'll need to give up more than our 2014 1st. Maybe something like the 2014 1st, 2013 3rd and Chris Ivory might pull it off.

If so im all for it but Gholston im not sold on. I love his physical skill set and nasty nature but he dosent turn the edge like I thought he would. I'd be more inclined for a player like either CJ Mosley of Alabama or Damontre Moore of Texas A&M in that 30th slot but thats me.

As far as the rest of the draft... I LOVE Terry Hawthorne's game and I feel Josh Boyce is severly underrated. You can never go wrong with beefing up the O-line but I'd take LSU's Alex Hurst over Henderson if available.

Good mock overall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Raves Ideal 2013 Saints Draft Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Raves wrote:

#133-Josh Boyce, WR TCU

Ok...

I'm a big fan of Big Jon Hankins nut I personally feel we will go on a run, make it intresting but still miss the playoffs and end up picking somewhere between 12-16. So, naturally I don't think we'll have a shot at Big Hank without a trade.

My guy this year is Purdue's Kawann Short but if we landed Ol Hank I'd be thrilled to say the least!

Now as far as the trade... obviously we'll need to give up more than our 2014 1st. Maybe something like the 2014 1st, 2013 3rd and Chris Ivory might pull it off.

If so im all for it but Gholston im not sold on. I love his physical skill set and nasty nature but he dosent turn the edge like I thought he would. I'd be more inclined for a player like either CJ Mosley of Alabama or Damontre Moore of Texas A&M in that 30th slot but thats me.

As far as the rest of the draft... I LOVE Terry Hawthorne's game and I feel Josh Boyce is severly underrated. You can never go wrong with beefing up the O-line but I'd take LSU's Alex Hurst over Henderson if available.

Good mock overall

This was just a quick little whatever mock I was up late at night.

Also I don't think we have to give up that much, a team late in the draft htat has few needs, might be willing to part with a late first, or even an early 2nd, for a future 1st much like the Pats have many times before.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Raves Ideal 2013 Saints Draft Reply with quote

Quote:
Also I don't think we have to give up that much, a team late in the draft htat has few needs, might be willing to part with a late first, or even an early 2nd, for a future 1st much like the Pats have many times before.

True but usually the trade involves a swap and a sweetner...

For example,

Pats & Saints (Ingram trade)

Saints get late 1st (#2Cool, Pats get Saints 2nd and thier future 1st.

The 2nd is the swap and the 1st was the sweetner.

In your proposed trade I doubt the Niners or anyone would give up a 1st for a 3rd in the swap. The 2014 1st is dead on for the sweetner but we need more ammo for the swap in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Raves Ideal 2013 Saints Draft Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

True but usually the trade involves a swap and a sweetner...

For example,

Pats & Saints (Ingram trade)

Saints get late 1st (#2Cool, Pats get Saints 2nd and thier future 1st.

The 2nd is the swap and the 1st was the sweetner.

In your proposed trade I doubt the Niners or anyone would give up a 1st for a 3rd in the swap. The 2014 1st is dead on for the sweetner but we need more ammo for the swap in my opinion.

reason i picked the 49ers is because they are a team with few needs and would be likely to take a chance at getting a high 1st the following year or at least two firsts next year to maybe move up in that draft for a better talent if a player of need wasn't available

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
SWATcha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Saints will end up getting their 2nd round pick back. Not sure why I feel that way, just a feeling. After everything that has gone on and the Saints looking not so good this year, I think Godell will give Payton his 2nd back. Almost like a "Sorry I went over the top and suspended you for a year, but you were the example I had to set, here's your 2nd back, good luck."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
I think the Saints will end up getting their 2nd round pick back. Not sure why I feel that way, just a feeling. After everything that has gone on and the Saints looking not so good this year, I think Godell will give Payton his 2nd back. Almost like a "Sorry I went over the top and suspended you for a year, but you were the example I had to set, here's your 2nd back, good luck."

Or he could say "Vilma dragged this out far too long, and it really ticked me off. I'll go ahead and keep your 2nd."

I see that being just as likely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: