Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Seattle Seahawks @ Camolina Kittens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Child please. Get off your high horse.

One of his INT's was all on Marshawn. And as much as I wanted Matt Flynn in to start the season, I'm going to give Russell Wilson a real chance. 5 games makes decides a players career not.

I'm not saying whether it should decide his career, but with the way this defense is playing, we need the best QB in there right now. This could be the season where we have a realistic chance a playoff run, but I guarantee that won't happen with Wilson at QB. Keeping him in there, essentially means blowing off this season. I'm not saying he won't be able to compete in 2013, but it's obvious he isn't ready to start now.

People are disagreeing with you mainly because you are coming from the standpoint of DECIDING his career with your declaration that he's basically always going to be average at best.

You said yourself that if Wilson is the QB you will be doomed to mediocrity in the FUTURE.

If that's not making a decisive declaration on his career what is?
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the dubb guys, good luck to you the rest of the year.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

I'm sick of excuses! You do bench a QB if he is underperforming, regardless of the record. Just look at the Cardinals. Their HC said Skelton is the starter, once he is cleared to play, even though they have a winning record with Kolb.

Wilson now has 5 TD's and 6 Int's in five games. That is pathetic! That is what I'd expect from Mark Sanchez.

If Skelton plays it's because the Cardinals stop winning games.

You're out of your mind if you think the Cardinals would put in Skelton if their record is 6-2 or 7-3, etc.

I didn't say that 5 TDs and 6 INTs was great. I said what was absurd was to say a rookie QB was doomed to suck the rest of their career because of those stats in his rookie season. How great were Andrew Luck's stats coming into today?

I'm glad you asked. Before today, Luck had 5 TD's and 4 Int's in 3 games (the Colts had their bye week last weekend). He had a QB rating of 77.6 and he threw for 846 yards. He also had 80 yards rushing on 10 attempts. That is what I would expect from a rookie. In fact, it exceeded it, since he has no O-Line, his team's running game is non-existant and his defense is pathetic. He has a lot less around him than Wilson does. That is a fact.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
We won in spite of the offense, not because of it. Lets not pretend like we're 3-2 due to Wilson.

Nonetheless, this was undoubtedly his best game so far. I dont want to be too critical after a win so I won't knock him. The first pick was a terrible throw but he was good most of the day. I still feel that he's holding us back, but I'm just glad we won.

Defense is doing big things.
I realize Wilson is short, but he needs to figure out how to work with that yet still step up into the pocket. Time and time again our OL make gaps for him to step up into and instead he rolls out wide right or left. It's the cause of most of his errors. He takes sacks because of it, he shrinks the field down, he ends up throwing the ball an extra 10 yards and allowing the DB's more time to make plays on the ball, and it forces him to throw on the run.

Breno also needs to stop being an idiot.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
BBIB wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

I'm sick of excuses! You do bench a QB if he is underperforming, regardless of the record. Just look at the Cardinals. Their HC said Skelton is the starter, once he is cleared to play, even though they have a winning record with Kolb.

Wilson now has 5 TD's and 6 Int's in five games. That is pathetic! That is what I'd expect from Mark Sanchez.

You're out of your mind if you think the Cardinals would put in Skelton if their record is 6-2 or 7-3, etc.

I didn't say that 5 TDs and 6 INTs was great. I said what was absurd was to say a rookie QB was doomed to suck the rest of their career because of those stats in his rookie season. How great were Andrew Luck's stats coming into today?

I'm glad you asked. Before today, Luck had 5 TD's and 4 Int's in 3 games (the Colts had their bye week last weekend). He had a QB rating of 77.6 and he threw for 846 yards. He also had 80 yards rushing on 10 attempts. That is what I would expect from a rookie. In fact, it exceeded it, since he has no O-Line, his team's running game is non-existant and his defense is pathetic. He has a lot less around him than Wilson does. That is a fact.
He has by far the best receiver between the two teams, and an equivalently good if not better set of TE's. He also has the best 3rd down back. Our offensive weapons are better as a whole, but not THAT much better.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

One of his INT's was all on Marshawn. And as much as I wanted Matt Flynn in to start the season, I'm going to give Russell Wilson a real chance. 5 games makes decides a players career not.

I'm not saying whether it should decide his career, but with the way this defense is playing, we need the best QB in there right now. This could be the season where we have a realistic chance a playoff run, but I guarantee that won't happen with Wilson at QB. Keeping him in there, essentially means blowing off this season. I'm not saying he won't be able to compete in 2013, but it's obvious he isn't ready to start now.

People are disagreeing with you mainly because you are coming from the standpoint of DECIDING his career with your declaration that he's basically always going to be average at best.

You said yourself that if Wilson is the QB you will be doomed to mediocrity in the FUTURE.

If that's not making a decisive declaration on his career what is?

You don't get it. I say this because we're starting him, before he is ready. That is obvious. I've seen this before. If you play a guy before he is ready, you can ruin his career. It plays with their psyche. Sanchez played too early and Gabbert played too early. I can name those two off the top of my head, but their are several more over the past 10 years or so. It takes some guys longer to develop, so if you rush them and they fail, that's always in the back of their mind.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing that upsets me most about the game is the turnovers we didn't get. Kam had 2 INTs right in his grasp and Earl had a freaking gift-wrapped present thrown into his chest. Gotta come up with those.

I'm loving the way Bruce is playing, however. He is really stepping it up and it's fun to watch him rush. Bobby Wagner is also looking more comfortable with each passing game and he's just flying around out there. Looks like John has found two more defensive gems.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irvin gets held the most out of any of our guys too. I'm still upset he's too dumb to grasp the SLB position Laughing but I'm still his number one fan Cool

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
You don't get it. I say this because we're starting him, before he is ready. That is obvious. I've seen this before. If you play a guy before he is ready, you can ruin his career. It plays with their psyche. Sanchez played too early and Gabbert played too early. I can name those two off the top of my head, but their are several more over the past 10 years or so. It takes some guys longer to develop, so if you rush them and they fail, that's always in the back of their mind.

I'm not shy when it comes to knocking Wilson, but I won't knock him for the mental aspect of the game. I'm not even a little bit worried about his confidence being shaken by bad play or anything of that nature. He's a warrior on the field, he just has some big physical deficiencies which greatly hold back his game and what this offense can do.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After hearing Pete talk, get the sense that barring injury, Wilson will start 16 games. He's beyond giddy about Russell.

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/255086050039451648

Laughing
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
BBIB wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

He has by far the best receiver between the two teams, and an equivalently good if not better set of TE's. He also has the best 3rd down back. Our offensive weapons are better as a whole, but not THAT much better.

He does have better WR's, I'll give you that, but there is no way those TE's are anywhere near the caliber of our own (right now.) Luck is working with 2 very young, unproven TE's. Our O-Line is miles better and the idea of comparing Lynch to Brown is laughable.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Irvin gets held the most out of any of our guys too. I'm still upset he's too dumb to grasp the SLB position Laughing but I'm still his number one fan Cool

He gets held, because opposing OT's just can't handle that type of speed. Laughing If Irvin developed some moves and improved his technique, he could be unstoppable.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Our playoff run will come next season, Once Bruce has a year under his belt and Bobby Wagner has the mental aspect worked out.

And once Russell Wilson learns to step into the pocket, he could be what we need to win a Superbowl. Keyword, could

TheOsprey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

He gets held, because opposing OT's just can't handle that type of speed. Laughing If Irvin developed some moves and improved his technique, he could be unstoppable.

I agree. Once he gets his technique sorted out, he should be a 10+ sack a year player.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys. Your D is scary good, good enough to carry the team into the playoffs as long as you get positive play from your offense.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Congrats on the dubb guys, good luck to you the rest of the year.

boondock wrote:
Good game guys. Your D is scary good, good enough to carry the team into the playoffs as long as you get positive play from your offense.

Cheers guys. Hopefully the O can keep improving from here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: