Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what if?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like that idea. We need vets at WR and offensive guard not more rookies

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
DawgX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schuttje wrote:
Remember the name Ray Horton. Calling it now, he will be our next head coach.

I like him, but he'd probably want the Browns to have a 3-4 defense and Cleveland's defensive personnel seems better suited for the 4-3. I won't rule it out as a possibility, though.

If Shurmur is fired, then I could see Andy Reid becoming the next head coach if he's fired from Philadelphia. Although I've heard he and Banner had problems so maybe that won't happen if that's true.

I also wouldn't be against bringing in Rob Chudzinski or maybe even Jay Gruden.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Yep. Dwayne Bowe or Greg Jennings. Don't care if we over spend we have tons of cap room. Throw in a solid Guard doesn't even have to be top ten guy just average would be a huge up grade.

As for Geno Smith. I think he is going to be special.

If we have the first pick (i hope we don't) I cant pass on him if his current level of play continues. If Weeden plays well Sit Geno for a year and trade Weeden the following year.

It seems like a smart team would do that.

Or trade out of pick one but it would have to be for a killing to pass on a great QB. Something like 3 first round picks and others.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Yep. Dwayne Bowe or Greg Jennings. Don't care if we over spend we have tons of cap room. Throw in a solid Guard doesn't even have to be top ten guy just average would be a huge up grade.

As for Geno Smith. I think he is going to be special.

If we have the first pick (i hope we don't) I cant pass on him if his current level of play continues. If Weeden plays well Sit Geno for a year and trade Weeden the following year.

It seems like a smart team would do that.

Or trade out of pick one but it would have to be for a killing to pass on a great QB. Something like 3 first round picks and others.

Tomorrow versus Texas will be a big game for him...
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
I like him, but he'd probably want the Browns to have a 3-4 defense and Cleveland's defensive personnel seems better suited for the 4-3. I won't rule it out as a possibility, though.

I love the 4-3 and hope we keep it don't get me wrong. However I don't think the switch to a 3-4 would be incredibly painful for us. Our 4 DTs and Frostee Rucker would make up the d-line. Ahtyba Rubin is such a beast that he would make the d-line work as an NT.

The LBs are what would concern me. DQ is much better in a 4-3. We'd have some nice depth at ILB. However we'd be screwed at the OLB spot. We would have to draft Jarvis Jones with our first pick. Jabaal Sheard would also need to lose about 10 lbs even though he already has 4.6 speed and learn a new position.

CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I love the 4-3 and hope we keep it don't get me wrong. However I don't think the switch to a 3-4 would be incredibly painful for us. Our 4 DTs and Frostee Rucker would make up the d-line. Ahtyba Rubin is such a beast that he would make the d-line work as an NT.

The LBs are what would concern me. DQ is much better in a 4-3. We'd have some nice depth at ILB. However we'd be screwed at the OLB spot. We would have to draft Jarvis Jones with our first pick. Jabaal Sheard would also need to lose about 10 lbs even though he already has 4.6 speed and learn a new position.

Winn would beast as a 3-4 DE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
DawgX wrote:

Have you guys forgotten how bad the 3-4 was here last time we tried to run it.

I would rather get kicked in the nuts by a horse than have the Browns go back to a 3-4 D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
What if a new coach comes in?

What if the Browns view this draft opposite of what we are all thinking?

1. Geno Smith, QB
(2. Josh Gordon, WR)
3. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR
4. Braden Hansen, OG
5. ......
6. ......
7. ......

Not saying I agree with this strategy, but its something that no one is really talking about. Figured it was worth throwing the idea out there.... Smile

How would you feel about trading Geno away for multiple first rounders like RG3? With the new CBA the potential to trade out of the first spot is higher than ever.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

1. Geno Smith, QB
(2. Josh Gordon, WR)
4. Braden Hansen, OG
5. ......
6. ......
7. ......

Not saying I agree with this strategy, but its something that no one is really talking about. Figured it was worth throwing the idea out there.... Smile

How would you feel about trading Geno away for multiple first rounders like RG3? With the new CBA the potential to trade out of the first spot is higher than ever.

That is my dream scenario.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

1. Geno Smith, QB
(2. Josh Gordon, WR)
4. Braden Hansen, OG
5. ......
6. ......
7. ......

That is my dream scenario.

Assuming weedon shows that he is "the guy" then that is the best case scenario.

My fear is that Weedon is Inconsistent and struggles throughout the season.... Flashes of great and flashes of terrible... Then what do the browns do? Take Geno and have him, Weedon, and McCoy? Ugh...
Or trade away Geno, passing on the potential frabchise qb, and pray that Weedon reaches expectations?

Should be interesting to see how things pan out this year.

By getting back to coaching/mgnt changes. I think the only real changes that would [inappropriate/removed] me off would be letting Jauron go - you just cant let excellent, effective coaches walk out the door. Heckert and holmgren have done both good and bad, neither are irreplaceable. Shurmur has never impressed me, and while i like Chilly's expereince im not the biggest fan.... Just however is replaced they need to have a plan already in place to bring in someone better... You can't have a inexperienced team with inexperienced leadership. OR if they make major scheme changes, becuase that will just rip the roster apart again
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I would rather get kicked in the nuts by a horse than have the Browns go back to a 3-4 D

That's what happens when you have little talent and try running that defense with slow LBs. In my scenario mentioned our base D would look like this:

DE: Rucker / Winn
NT: Rubin / Kitchen
DE: Taylor / Hughes

OLB: Jones / Benard
MLB: DQ / Fort
MLB: Robertson / JMJ
OLB: Sheard / Gocong

Our depth at OLB would be our biggest problem. The starters in that scenario would be very good.

BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
DawgX wrote:

That's what happens when you have little talent and try running that defense with slow LBs. In my scenario mentioned our base D would look like this:

Our depth at OLB would be our biggest problem. The starters in that scenario would be very good.

Switch JMJ with Robertson and that would be decent.

However it is just a matter of time before we see a nickel starting defense. Something like this would be interesting.

MLB: DQwell / Fort
OLB: JMJ / Robertson

CB: Haden
S: Ward
S: Brown
CB: Dockery
NB: Skrine.

Run a 3-3-5 starting defense with Nickel sets. Make Ward more of a roving LB/S that spends time in the box as well as over the top.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
DawgX wrote:

Switch JMJ with Robertson and that would be decent.

However it is just a matter of time before we see a nickel starting defense. Something like this would be interesting.

MLB: DQwell / Fort
OLB: JMJ / Robertson

CB: Haden
S: Ward
S: Brown
CB: Dockery
NB: Skrine.

Run a 3-3-5 starting defense with Nickel sets. Make Ward more of a roving LB/S that spends time in the box as well as over the top.

We've never been able to stop the run, using a 3-3-5 would only make us worse at it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
DawgX wrote:

3-4 Defenses work when you have coaches that use it properly. Romeo and Mangini made it a passive read and react defense. 3-4's are awesome when you attack with them. We never did that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
DawgX wrote:

Have you forgotten we no longer employ most of those awful players who attributed to our awful 3-4? I'm not proposing we make the switch but our roster certainly looks like it could field a pretty good 3-4.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: