Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye week stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I have tickets to the Atlanta game and I think I will forego it in favor of taking my girlfriend to get a pumpkin for halloween.

This game is going to be a savage beating. I feel like I would be punishing myself to show up and watch it.

Or you can miss a turning point. Best team in the NFL with weapons everywhere in the passing game against the worst CB unit in the league. Maybe we get overlooked.

I would expect Seymour will have his best game of the season in his hometown with his family there. Not to mention Carter in the mix.

Naw buying a pumpkin sounds like a better idea.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I have tickets to the Atlanta game and I think I will forego it in favor of taking my girlfriend to get a pumpkin for halloween.

This game is going to be a savage beating. I feel like I would be punishing myself to show up and watch it.

Or you can miss a turning point. Best team in the NFL with weapons everywhere in the passing game against the worst CB unit in the league. Maybe we get overlooked.

I would expect Seymour will have his best game of the season in his hometown with his family there. Not to mention Carter in the mix.

maybe but i doubt it. ryan has three wrs that can catch a ball 11 feet in the air consistently. we allow 70% completions lol. not to mention their running game and our arm tackle squad. also cp is in for a long day if they move abraham to the left side. jv can check him but the rt cant. did mike mitch just fall off the map?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our pass d is so weak i wanna see Vic So'oto.

what was all that 3-4 talk with tko at nt?

is curry ir'd?

green24 wrote:
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

maybe but i doubt it. ryan has three wrs that can catch a ball 11 feet in the air consistently. we allow 70% completions lol. not to mention their running game and our arm tackle squad. also cp is in for a long day if they move abraham to the left side. jv can check him but the rt cant. did mike mitch just fall off the map?

And on top of that Tony Gonzalez is killing the game right now. I hope the Raiders show grit with there backs against the wall.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

what was all that 3-4 talk with tko at nt?

is curry ir'd?

I'm somewhat eager to see So'oto too. Carter will play now that he has had some time to cover the playbook, so that could help.

Curry won't be able to practice until after Week 6. It will be interesting to see how they manage the LB rotation when he returns. I'm seeing a lot of people mention Burris moving to MLB & Curry taking OLB, meaning McClain gets benched.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Same here. Also wanna see that Carter guy. Allen needs to shuffle the DE rotation.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update on curry

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/10/09/1209723?sac=fo.sports

Quote:
As soon as Curry practices, the Raiders will have a 21-day window to decide whether to activate him, waive him or place him on season-ending injured reserve.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When the Raiders have blitzed so far this season it has been mostly unsuccessful. They got one sack of Philip Rivers on the first drive of the opener against the Chargers. But they have no sacks on the other 52 pass plays against the blitz, allowing 38 completions for 442 yards and three touchdowns for a passer rating of 117.6, according to STATS.

Quote:
Opponents have been mostly completing short passes against the Raiders, with the average completion coming 5.1 yards down the field compared to 6.9 a year ago. Thatís the second-shortest average completion mark for any defense this season and the lowest for the Raiders since the statistic was first measured in 1992 as opponents have feasted on quick passes against zone coverage.

Quote:
ďThatís kind of when youíve got to play man, like the old days,Ē Huff said.
Confused

green24 wrote:
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

You can sell them to me.......No seriously i'm terrified out how pissed i will/would get. I don't even hate the Falcons and i don't want to throw a tizzy in front of my girl, so i have been saying for about a week that i'm not going.......but i'm starting to change my mind since they won't be back to Atlanta for another 4-8 years.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, no idea how you guys could not go even if expecting a beating. At least shout abuse at Matt Ryan for being a choker.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Damn, no idea how you guys could not go even if expecting a beating. At least shout abuse at Matt Ryan for being a choker.

I went to the Miami game, the feeling is dreadful.

Game day, you wake up like a kid at Xmas, and then after the game feel like a kid who had his ice cream cone smashed into his face.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The raiders are going to get destroyed. The only thing I'm hoping for is that Dmac somehow has a good game.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good plan. Glad they are sticking with it. In the 3-4 we shouldnt need to do this as much but until then this will give defense best chance to win. What a pick Burris has turned out to be. We can only hope for the other guys.

"Coach Allen said the plan is to stick with rookie Miles Burris as part of the nickel package, with Rolando McClain coming off the field."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: