Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What were the Best/Worst series finales of a T.V. program?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ZLQj4aBJg
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 had a good finale, nice closure. But it should have ended after Season 5 not that season 8 was bad just 6 was awful and 7 was decent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I think they still want to do a movie, so they didnt give it an epic send off.

Sadly, its not likely to happen.

And I agree it felt rushed.....not sure why they just didnt do one last full seaosn.

Ari quitting was BS and totally unrealistic. You dont devote your life to something like that and then just give it up. In real life...10 times out of 10....the guy in Ari's situation would choose divorce,

It made me hate his wife too because she seemed like a stuck up [REMOVED] the entire time, and she complained constnatly about his job, which brought in that money.

Not as bad as Seinfeld's ending, but still a disappointing ending for a great show.

Thats part of it too!! His wife complained the WHOLE series!! Why would he quit now!?

yep. he should've stayed who he was and stayed with dana gordon. his wife always wanted to change who he was and no one should ever do that. she knew who he was when she married him.

El Ramster on the amazing work
[UMN]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life on Mars (US)

can't tell if it was the best or worst.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Life on Mars (US)

can't tell if it was the best or worst.

That was a series finale. That was a series cancellation. Laughing
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
24 had a good finale, nice closure. But it should have ended after Season 5 not that season 8 was bad just 6 was awful and 7 was decent.

I thought 8 was better than 6 or 7. The last 7-8 episodes were really good.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
I'll second the Scrubs finale as a great one. Loved that projector scene with JD, was perfect.

Also while it wasn't terrible I hated the way Chuck ended. Was a horrid end that didn't fit the show at all and was not necessary at all.

I have seen the last episode few episodes 3 times, and I'm not even sure how I feel about the ending. Not to give any spoilers, I kind of felt like I wasted 5 years watching "it" build up, to have it taken away in 5 seconds.

But then again, the final 5 minutes of Chuck has to be the most emotional I have ever been watching a TV show. Song was perfect, the flashbacks, my god. Im getting goosebumps just thinking about it

Agreed. I was a huge fan of Chuck. Personally, the more I thought about it, the more I liked the finale. True, it didn't wrap everything up in a neat little bow, but the last 5 minutes were enough to provide the audience with, that if you truly had faith in the two main characters, that you knew everything was gonna turn out alright. It was gonna take time and even though we didn't see that happy ending, if you paid attention to Chuck and Sarah's characters throughout the series and saw the non-verbal communication in the last 5 minutes of the finale, you knew that some emotions just can't be buried.

I like you

I haven't watched it all again. I might at some point. It was well done and I agree with what you're saying to some extent but I just felt it was a little out of nowhere and quite uncharacteristic of the show to end like that.

I've watched it all 3 times Laughing

Honestly as sad as I am when I watch the ending, I'm glad we got 5 amazing seasons out of the show.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
x0x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many children on here.

St. Elsewhere's finale is bar none the absolute worst ever. I wasn't a fan of the show by any stretch but even I knew it was really stupid. The show ran for 6 seasons, which at the time was a pretty length trial for any serious show. It was considered a pretty good show as well by critics. Obviously at the time I was too young to realize the crapulance of the finale but growing up in the 90s I saw it on reruns a lot and actually saw most of Seasons 5 and 6 and when I saw the finale I didn't know it was the finale, just assumed another episode. When I finally figured out THAT was the end of the whole show I thought to myself " blank " and that's exactly my point.

The Sopranos in context was about as heartless as you can get. Which is why although I find television to be of better quality these days, it's not the same "investment" as before. Televisions shows are just made for business these days. Oh sure, Miami Vice wasn't a charity case, but the show had a reason. Nowadays too many shows run out of good stories but they drag on with this overlapping plotline, which is stupid for most shows to employ anyways. Why couldn't the Sopranos just be a show about mafioso and their zany antics? And don't call me bland for saying that.

A wildcard in the mix would be Quantum Leap. As this was a show I loved growing up and didn't see the finale until about a year or so it had originally aired ( no internet in those days kids ) and it was really sad...though maybe not terrible, just an emotional letdown.

X-Files last 3 seasons belong in a toilet so the finale doesn't get the blame here.
x0x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the best series finale will always be THE SHIELD.

The entire last season is probably the best in television history. I can't think of any holes, anything I would have wanted different.

Absolutely perfect.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

Well, Im not a "child", but I honestly havent seen all that many series finales.

A fair share, but there havent been alot of shows I stuck with every single episode until I got out of the military. Seinfeld is probably the only series finale I saw before that. Since then Ive seen several, but mainly due to Netflix and shows coming out on DVD.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

St. Elsewhere's finale is bar none the absolute worst ever. I wasn't a fan of the show by any stretch but even I knew it was really stupid. The show ran for 6 seasons, which at the time was a pretty length trial for any serious show. It was considered a pretty good show as well by critics. Obviously at the time I was too young to realize the crapulance of the finale but growing up in the 90s I saw it on reruns a lot and actually saw most of Seasons 5 and 6 and when I saw the finale I didn't know it was the finale, just assumed another episode. When I finally figured out THAT was the end of the whole show I thought to myself " blank " and that's exactly my point.

The Sopranos in context was about as heartless as you can get. Which is why although I find television to be of better quality these days, it's not the same "investment" as before. Televisions shows are just made for business these days. Oh sure, Miami Vice wasn't a charity case, but the show had a reason. Nowadays too many shows run out of good stories but they drag on with this overlapping plotline, which is stupid for most shows to employ anyways. Why couldn't the Sopranos just be a show about mafioso and their zany antics? And don't call me bland for saying that.

A wildcard in the mix would be Quantum Leap. As this was a show I loved growing up and didn't see the finale until about a year or so it had originally aired ( no internet in those days kids ) and it was really sad...though maybe not terrible, just an emotional letdown.

X-Files last 3 seasons belong in a toilet so the finale doesn't get the blame here.

While I agree that all the episodes without Fox Mulder or Dan Scully, as the leads, were completely unwatchable, I thought the finale was pretty good. It explained 90% of the questions that I had.
Darrelle Revis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:
Loved the finale of Lost. Can someone explain to me why they hated it?
It's not so much that I hated the finale, it's that I hated the final 2 seasons pretty much uniformly.

That's fine. I liked 5 and loved the second half of six, but didn't really like 4.

But people always give reasons for hating the Lost finale, and they are always kind of phony IMO. It's like half the viewers thought the entire series was purgatory and the other half just decided to join in. What important details were left out? They essentially answered every major question.

Obviously everyone has different opinions, but that was a great finale IMO.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
x0x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
x0x wrote:

While I agree that all the episodes without Fox Mulder or Dan Scully, as the leads, were completely unwatchable, I thought the finale was pretty good. It explained 90% of the questions that I had.

Honestly? How?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
x0x wrote:

Honestly? How?

In that 2 part finale we get confirmation of the government's knowledge of "the final colonization" and we finally know all about "the smoking man" and the secrets that he holds. To me, that was the biggest mystery of the entire series. I know it didn't explain everything, but maybe it's because my own assumptions explained so many other lingering questions in my mind (Scully's son and the disappearance of Mulder's sister).
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people don't understand the ending of Lost. There really weren't many questions left unanswered and a lot of reasons I hear from people as to why they disliked it are inaccurate (like saying they were dead the whole time or in purgatory - they weren't).

The way it ended was fantastic IMO.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: