Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What were the Best/Worst series finales of a T.V. program?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Weeds should have ended at season 3. Even if it didn't tie up loose ends, it would have been an above average series finale.

This!!!!! I sat through season 4 and parts of season 5 and thought "Wow, this is terrible"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
Weeds should have ended at season 3. Even if it didn't tie up loose ends, it would have been an above average series finale.

This!!!!! I sat through season 4 and parts of season 5 and thought "Wow, this is terrible"

When the Botwin's left Agrestic, the show "jumped the shark", but for some reason, I still kept watching. Embarassed
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Entourage - I really wanted to like this, but the more I think about it, the more I hate it.

the whole season was just way too rushed. i wasn't a big fan of season 7 at all either and it seemed like they had to rush to "set everything straight"

i thought the actual finale wasn't bad all things considered.

El Ramster on the amazing work
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Worst: The Simpsons

Huh?????? The Simpsons is still on.

Exactly. The fact that it hasn't.

I couldn't put Entourage on there. Loved that show. Didn't like the final season. Felt like they just were in a hurry the whole time

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second the Scrubs finale as a great one. Loved that projector scene with JD, was perfect.

Also while it wasn't terrible I hated the way Chuck ended. Was a horrid end that didn't fit the show at all and was not necessary at all.

^Kempes
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
I'll second the Scrubs finale as a great one. Loved that projector scene with JD, was perfect.

Also while it wasn't terrible I hated the way Chuck ended. Was a horrid end that didn't fit the show at all and was not necessary at all.

I have seen the last episode few episodes 3 times, and I'm not even sure how I feel about the ending. Not to give any spoilers, I kind of felt like I wasted 5 years watching "it" build up, to have it taken away in 5 seconds.

But then again, the final 5 minutes of Chuck has to be the most emotional I have ever been watching a TV show. Song was perfect, the flashbacks, my god. Im getting goosebumps just thinking about it

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for those of you who have seen this, you know it is actually the worst ending in history. There is literally no argument against it. Thread ended.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
I never understood why people hated Seinfeld so much...the show really was about nothing, I loved the ending

Like not to derail the thread too much but what would you guys have wanted as the Seinfeld finale??

Something like the episode when Jerry goes to California tobring Kramer back andat the very end he just threw him his keys back to him when he showed up in NY like nothing had happened. Like no matter what happens, the nothing goes ever on, that's life. Something like that would have been perfect for Seinfeld.

Yea at the same time I feel like that would have been kind of predictable. A lot of sitcoms end that way (like Cheers I think). Larry David has so much balls as a writer that if they were going to bring him back for the finale after two years of being away, it was going to be something crazy.

Yea, I think we are in agreement somewhat here....not sure why it was mentioned with the worst finale's ever though, it clearly wasnt that....

IrishGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Entourage - I really wanted to like this, but the more I think about it, the more I hate it.

the whole season was just way too rushed. i wasn't a big fan of season 7 at all either and it seemed like they had to rush to "set everything straight"

i thought the actual finale wasn't bad all things considered.

This is one I can really get behind...my cousin kind of summed it up best by just saying "Ari quits?" and then laughing for like 10 minutes.

They really just rushed to tie it up super fast...like they didnt even really try, it was kind of just a regular season of Entourage then they tried to tie up the entire series in a 30 min episode

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
thrILL!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Worst - LOST - definitely the worst episode of TV I have ever seen.

Thank you. I could watch the 1st season of LOST over and over again but after that it went into the crapper. The last season and finale were a slap in the face.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 71 rec. 1132 yds, 9 TDs
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

I have seen the last episode few episodes 3 times, and I'm not even sure how I feel about the ending. Not to give any spoilers, I kind of felt like I wasted 5 years watching "it" build up, to have it taken away in 5 seconds.

But then again, the final 5 minutes of Chuck has to be the most emotional I have ever been watching a TV show. Song was perfect, the flashbacks, my god. Im getting goosebumps just thinking about it

Agreed. I was a huge fan of Chuck. Personally, the more I thought about it, the more I liked the finale. True, it didn't wrap everything up in a neat little bow, but the last 5 minutes were enough to provide the audience with, that if you truly had faith in the two main characters, that you knew everything was gonna turn out alright. It was gonna take time and even though we didn't see that happy ending, if you paid attention to Chuck and Sarah's characters throughout the series and saw the non-verbal communication in the last 5 minutes of the finale, you knew that some emotions just can't be buried.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitcom finales are supposed to wrap things up tidily, that's why they are sitcoms. Leave the ambiguous endings for dramas.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
The actual episode of the Sopranos was good but they way it ended pissed me off so much.

What was so great about Six Feet Under? The montage at the end was pretty neat but I didn't see anything special.

Best off the top of my head Dawson's Creek and The Wonder Years.

I suppose that would depend on your overall feelings towards the show, but for me it wasn't just about the montage that everyone raves about at the end. The writing throughout the series is by far the best of any TV series that I've watched IMO, and everything just comes together so perfectly in that finale. And without getting into specific spoilers, particularly thanks to the events that take place in the penultimate episode. It's somewhat hard to explain, but I feel as though everything throughout the series is building towards those final scenes and moments, and upon its arrival it ultimately leads to a tour de force of emotion. At least for me anyways. It was really, really well-done and executed too.

Six Feet Under is also my favorite show, so I'm admittedly somewhat biased.

The finale of that show is the only Television episode to ever get a strong emotional reaction from me. It was just...phenomenal. Obviously the show often focused on the celebration of life and death and the finale really made you feel that.

Has everything to do with feeling like you "know" the characters as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the finale of Lost. Can someone explain to me why they hated it?

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
General_Bean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst - House.

I love this show to death and watched every season 20x times over, but the ending was almost a slap in the face.

I know he was compared to sherlock holmes of medicine, and the build up of the season was ok. I won't give away too many spoilers, but the way house explained to wilson what happened on the steps just felt rushed, just felt like Shore didn't care about the script anymore. "Walked out the backdoor". That's what I got from that whole episode.

Alot of people have mixed reviews, but I felt it was a terrible ending (maybe not the worst, but I don't watch alot of TV series') Just thought they'd do something in a different direction
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrelle Revis wrote:
Loved the finale of Lost. Can someone explain to me why they hated it?

A lot of people probably weren't satisfied that they left a lot "unresolved" issues out there, but for the most part hose are all of the philosophical type of issues. I liked it as well. Considering it was a character driven show, and all the characters had their moments of coming together and their "fates" concluding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: