Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Chicago Bears @ Jacksonville Jaguars 4:05PM ED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Bears by a little
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Bears by a lot
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Jaguars (lulz)
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if he has been getting most of his reps at Y during games, him moving to X (with the results we've already seen out of him at an X-like position), could mean that his production goes up significantly too.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get all that but at some point we have to say eff it and just get the best players on the field and see if something good happens.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is Cecil Shorts start seeing more playing time??????

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
I get all that but at some point we have to say eff it and just get the best players on the field and see if something good happens.

Especially considering the number of 'miscommunications' this team has in the passing game anyway. Doesn't seem like everyone knows where they're supposed to be and what they're supposed to be doing all the time regardless. So if we're going to have these 'issues' either way, i'd just as soon get the best people on the field, in the best positions to succeed.

The number of times we wind up with the ball in the turf, and Gabbert and a WR standing around looking at each other dumbfounded, seems high to me. Whoever's fault that may be...
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

Especially considering the number of 'miscommunications' this team has in the passing game anyway. Doesn't seem like everyone knows where they're supposed to be and what they're supposed to be doing all the time regardless. So if we're going to have these 'issues' either way, i'd just as soon get the best people on the field, in the best positions to succeed.

The number of times we wind up with the ball in the turf, and Gabbert and a WR standing around looking at each other dumbfounded, seems high to me. Whoever's fault that may be...

Yea, at some point I want to see Blackmon, Shorts and Elliott out there together

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows Blackmon been looking? Obviously he doesnt have the numbers, but is he even getting a lot of PT? Is he getting targeted?
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Hows Blackmon been looking? Obviously he doesnt have the numbers, but is he even getting a lot of PT? Is he getting targeted?

He started off slow as expected, but he's turned it on the last two weeks.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

Yea, at some point I want to see Blackmon, Shorts and Elliott out there together

i know i'll get blasted for suggesting it, but i honestly still believe Thomas is a better receiver than Elliot at this point. room for growth aside, that's my assessment. Thomas's drops and misses are incredibly frustrating, but Elliot isn't some stud who snatches every ball out of the air either. I get that he's a shiny new toy when we don't often have those, and for whatever reason Gabbert has looked his way more than expected, but...

Personally, i'd run with Blackmon and Shorts on the outside, and Thomas in the slot. There have been plenty of times where Thomas has been close to a significant gain, but something went wrong. Drop/missed throw/miscommunication/great defensive play/etc. And i think he suffers a lot from the field being artificially compressed due to our lack of a legit med-deep threat. Defenses compress down on our limp-wristed short passing game, and i think Thomas is potentially hurt most by that in what he excels at. Not that i think Thomas is a great receiver, but i think he's more than adequate as a slot guy behind a pair of solid outside guys and a QB+OC tandem who aren't afraid to toss it deep and spread things out.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sup pwny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Sup pwny

did you guys have a bet or did you just come by to say hi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: