Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Chicago Bears @ Jacksonville Jaguars 4:05PM ED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Bears by a little
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Bears by a lot
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Jaguars (lulz)
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said from the time that Blaine was picked that team wasn't going to be good with him at the helm.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't even about Gene Smith. This isn't even about calling Prosinski good or anything, because he isn't. It's just silly to call that a whiff when it was actually a good job by Prosinski. 99% of the time, that's a tackle.

And like iPwn said, I said in the other thread that if what is necessary to make this team better is to let Gene Smith go then so be it. As I said this off-season as well, it is clear that Gene is a hard worker and I don't think he is necessarily bad even if he fails here, but if the performance of the team isn't where we want it to be then he has to go.

I don't follow Gene Smith. I follow the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this is awkward, i left for work it was like 13-3, i get to work, wait like an hour to check a computer and it was 41-3... hot damn Shocked ?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
well this is awkward, i left for work it was like 13-3, i get to work, wait like an hour to check a computer and it was 41-3... hot damn Shocked ?

Yeah, I went outside when it was 13-3, laughed my [inappropriate/removed] off when I came back with a minute left.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anybody want to tell me why Mike Thomas continues to play more than Cecil Shorts?

Shorts has played 82 offensive snaps through five games.

Thomas has played 144 offensive snaps through five games.

Cecil has 8 catches for 205 yards (leading receiver), 25 YPC, 4 catches of 20 + yards (Jags as a team only have 8 catches of 20 + yards)

Thomas has 7 catches for 44 yards, 6 YPC, zero catches of 20 + yards and has 3 yards after the catch

Mularkey have something against Shorts?

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
So, anybody want to tell me why Mike Thomas continues to play more than Cecil Shorts?

Cecil has 8 catches for 205 yards (leading receiver), 25 YPC, 4 catches of 20 + yards (Jags as a team only have 8 catches of 20 + yards)

Thomas has 7 catches for 44 yards, 6 YPC, zero catches of 20 + yards and has 3 yards after the catch

Saving him for the right moment.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Adopt a Jag
Johnathan Cyprien - 41 tackles, 3 FF, 1 sack
Mike Brown - 5 receptions, 63 yards
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot-OT-G-C-G-OT-Lewis-Blackmon-Shorts

This should be the Receiving formation, and one that has seemed to yield the best results.

#JDI
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Mike Thomas, did you see him celebrate Briggs' TD with the Bears? It's pretty funny.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000077930/Gabbert-second-pick-six
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Because those two aren't competing for snaps against one another. Shorts is primarily an outside receiver, while Thomas is a slot guy.

#JagsOnly
sadjag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
Speaking of Mike Thomas, did you see him celebrate Briggs' TD with the Bears? It's pretty funny.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000077930/Gabbert-second-pick-six
LAWL I guess they figured He needed a hug.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Because those two aren't competing for snaps against one another. Shorts is primarily an outside receiver, while Thomas is a slot guy.

You find a way to get your best players on the field. If that means Blackmon in the slot and Shorts as the X or Z, then that's what should happen. Shorts has been our best receiver this season.

Thomas should not be seeing the field more than him. I don't care where Thomas lines up, he is horrible.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
You find a way to get your best players on the field. If that means Blackmon in the slot and Shorts as the X or Z, then that's what should happen. Shorts has been our best receiver this season.

Thomas should not be seeing the field more than him. I don't care where Thomas lines up, he is horrible.

The receivers likely aren't cross-trained yet. Robinson and Shorts are the same guy in the offense. Blackmon likely doesn't know all of the slot routes, and Shorts probably knows very few of the Y routes right now.

I do agree that they need to get Shorts on the field more, I believe I said so sometime during the game. Until the receivers get crosstrained though, I don't think you're going to see him in a lot unless it's in place of Robinson, who you could argue was Blaine's favorite target until he went down.

He should have been getting a lot of snaps the last two weeks though. I can't think of any reason why he wasn't.

#JagsOnly
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

The receivers likely aren't cross-trained yet. Robinson and Shorts are the same guy in the offense. Blackmon likely doesn't know all of the slot routes, and Shorts probably knows very few of the Y routes right now.

I do agree that they need to get Shorts on the field more, I believe I said so sometime during the game. Until the receivers get crosstrained though, I don't think you're going to see him in a lot unless it's in place of Robinson, who you could argue was Blaine's favorite target until he went down.

He should have been getting a lot of snaps the last two weeks though. I can't think of any reason why he wasn't.

If this is the case then our coaching staff blows, as a receiver you should know all of the routes run by all receivers, no excuses. When in high school it was an expectation so why cant our professional receivers be expected to do the same? I know the playbook is a lot more complicated but it's their job.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:

i was half expecting him to be celebrating with them

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
If this is the case then our coaching staff blows, as a receiver you should know all of the routes run by all receivers, no excuses. When in high school it was an expectation so why cant our professional receivers be expected to do the same? I know the playbook is a lot more complicated but it's their job.

It's not just knowing what the playbook says, but knowing what that specific spot is supposed to be doing to effect the defense, and how you're supposed to adjust yourself not only to the defense, but to the other routes and adjustments other guys are doing on the field. That's all stuff that the coaching staff has to work with the players on, and with the limited practice rules, getting everybody not only fluent mentally with every position, but in actual practice too, it becomes harder to put that in.

Some teams never cross train their players. The Colts with Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne were the perfect example. That's why Harrison always lined up on the right, and Wayne on the left (or the opposite way, it's been a while). Chad Johnson never was cross trained in Cincinnati and was incapable of understanding the full playbook in New England.

That all said:
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Shorts-role-to-increase/29c130f3-4bec-4797-bb6f-5e17feaa8f1f

I guess I was wrong about Shorts being primarily an X. He's played the Z mostly, which I suppose explains why he wasn't in a lot the last two weeks with Robinson out. He's going to be practicing the X more now though, getting more playing time, and should be starting if Robinson can't go.

The best part about this is that while I was wrong about him being classified primarily as the X, he lines up as an X would when he has his big plays.

Those are his three "big plays" so far this season. Each of those, that's him playing at the top of the screen, on the LOS, as an X would. As long as he can conceptually understand the difference in routes, he should have no problem continuing to produce from the X.

And that's why I thought he was an X, because of him being lined up as one every time he makes a big play.

#JagsOnly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: