Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

O line Metrics?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23325
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: O line Metrics? Reply with quote

Does anyone have any metrics for them this year? I wanted to see what the numbers were on Andre Smith. I know he is a FA this offseason and I have been happy to not hear his name called for dumb mental errors this year.

Has anyone watched him in particular to see how he has played?
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16566
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have any metrics but I would say the Andre Smith has probably been our best O-Linemen thus far. He's been our best run blocker and has done well in pass protection.

After Dre, I would guess Zeitler has been our second best linemen. Whit, Boling and Fanine haven't been bad, but I would say average at best. Fanine has probably been our worst O-Linemen, but that's understandable. For coming in as late has he has, I'm happy with his performance. Needs to get better in the run game though...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45854
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Not player specific, but that should get you the info you need.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16566
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Not player specific, but that should get you the info you need.


Pretty much confirms that we're better at running right than left...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15673
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Not player specific, but that should get you the info you need.


Pretty much confirms that we're better at running right than left...


Zeitler and Smith. Makes sense.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3335
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.


Here's the question then....

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

Or do we let Andre walk and give Collins a shot ?
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18846
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.


Here's the question then....

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

Or do we let Andre walk and give Collins a shot ?


He may get tagged if he continues to play well. I doubt they extend him during the season simply because it's in Andre's best interests to wait until free agency.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23325
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.


Here's the question then....

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

Or do we let Andre walk and give Collins a shot ?


He may get tagged if he continues to play well. I doubt they extend him during the season simply because it's in Andre's best interests to wait until free agency.


The last thing I want to do is tag him. He isn't worth top 5 LT money. And isn't that what he would get?
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18846
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.


Here's the question then....

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

Or do we let Andre walk and give Collins a shot ?


He may get tagged if he continues to play well. I doubt they extend him during the season simply because it's in Andre's best interests to wait until free agency.


The last thing I want to do is tag him. He isn't worth top 5 LT money. And isn't that what he would get?


I think so.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23325
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.


Here's the question then....

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

Or do we let Andre walk and give Collins a shot ?


He may get tagged if he continues to play well. I doubt they extend him during the season simply because it's in Andre's best interests to wait until free agency.


The last thing I want to do is tag him. He isn't worth top 5 LT money. And isn't that what he would get?


I think so.


That's way too much for him. I would like to sign him to a 3-4 year deal and not have to do that.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
futbudds


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 1615
Location: Neptune Beach Fl
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.


Here's the question then....

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

Or do we let Andre walk and give Collins a shot ?


He may get tagged if he continues to play well. I doubt they extend him during the season simply because it's in Andre's best interests to wait until free agency.



The last thing I want to do is tag him. He isn't worth top 5 LT money. And isn't that what he would get?


I think so.


That's way too much for him. I would like to sign him to a 3-4 year deal and not have to do that.


We have more cap space than holes in our secondary. In the immortal words of malkovich in rounders, (cheesy Russian accent) PAY HIM HIS MONEY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3335
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.


Here's the question then....

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

Or do we let Andre walk and give Collins a shot ?


He may get tagged if he continues to play well. I doubt they extend him during the season simply because it's in Andre's best interests to wait until free agency.



The last thing I want to do is tag him. He isn't worth top 5 LT money. And isn't that what he would get?


I think so.


That's way too much for him. I would like to sign him to a 3-4 year deal and not have to do that.


We have more cap space than holes in our secondary. In the immortal words of malkovich in rounders, (cheesy Russian accent) PAY HIM HIS MONEY


Is it worth risking losing him, when we have so many other priorities; (LB, DE, CB, DB, the whole damn D in fact) ?

We would have to spend a 1st or 2nd to replace him with unknown success, and a top FA in this market would cost top 5 money anyway. We declined the offer to extend his deal last year, and in fairness, he's playing at a good standard now, We have plenty of cap space, and we have had two high priced tackles before; (Levi Jones & Willie Anderson).

I agree with futbudds, offer him a good deal, (right about week 12).
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26978
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of metrics are you looking for?

Excluding this week, he has allowed 1 sack, committed 1 penalty, and allowed 4 QB hurries.

According to PFF, Andrew Whitworth has been rated the 7th best tackle while Andre Smith is #17. That is actually VERY good to have both tackles ranked in the top 20.

Same thing with both guards ranked in the top 20 while Faine is rated the worse Center LOL.

Also, when I say top 20 it is counting Left/Right so basically out of 60 starting tackles or guards if that makes sense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartan300


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to resign him. Way too many other needs to worry about RT and Smith has done a great job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23325
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
What kind of metrics are you looking for?

Excluding this week, he has allowed 1 sack, committed 1 penalty, and allowed 4 QB hurries.

According to PFF, Andrew Whitworth has been rated the 7th best tackle while Andre Smith is #17. That is actually VERY good to have both tackles ranked in the top 20.

Same thing with both guards ranked in the top 20 while Faine is rated the worse Center LOL.

Also, when I say top 20 it is counting Left/Right so basically out of 60 starting tackles or guards if that makes sense.


That is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you.

Lock him up for 5 more years
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group