Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

O line Metrics?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: O line Metrics? Reply with quote

Does anyone have any metrics for them this year? I wanted to see what the numbers were on Andre Smith. I know he is a FA this offseason and I have been happy to not hear his name called for dumb mental errors this year.

Has anyone watched him in particular to see how he has played?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have any metrics but I would say the Andre Smith has probably been our best O-Linemen thus far. He's been our best run blocker and has done well in pass protection.

After Dre, I would guess Zeitler has been our second best linemen. Whit, Boling and Fanine haven't been bad, but I would say average at best. Fanine has probably been our worst O-Linemen, but that's understandable. For coming in as late has he has, I'm happy with his performance. Needs to get better in the run game though...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Not player specific, but that should get you the info you need.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Pretty much confirms that we're better at running right than left...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Pretty much confirms that we're better at running right than left...

Zeitler and Smith. Makes sense.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.

Here's the question then....

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

Or do we let Andre walk and give Collins a shot ?
theJ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.

Should our front office be looking to extend Andre Smiths' deal before the season is over, he's a free agent come March next year.

Given our defence, we don't really want to be spending a high drafft pick on a new RT do we ?

He may get tagged if he continues to play well. I doubt they extend him during the season simply because it's in Andre's best interests to wait until free agency.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.

He may get tagged if he continues to play well. I doubt they extend him during the season simply because it's in Andre's best interests to wait until free agency.

The last thing I want to do is tag him. He isn't worth top 5 LT money. And isn't that what he would get?

theJ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.

The last thing I want to do is tag him. He isn't worth top 5 LT money. And isn't that what he would get?

I think so.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.

I think so.

That's way too much for him. I would like to sign him to a 3-4 year deal and not have to do that.

futbudds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.

I think so.

That's way too much for him. I would like to sign him to a 3-4 year deal and not have to do that.

We have more cap space than holes in our secondary. In the immortal words of malkovich in rounders, (cheesy Russian accent) PAY HIM HIS MONEY
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Smith.

I think so.

We have more cap space than holes in our secondary. In the immortal words of malkovich in rounders, (cheesy Russian accent) PAY HIM HIS MONEY

Is it worth risking losing him, when we have so many other priorities; (LB, DE, CB, DB, the whole damn D in fact) ?

We would have to spend a 1st or 2nd to replace him with unknown success, and a top FA in this market would cost top 5 money anyway. We declined the offer to extend his deal last year, and in fairness, he's playing at a good standard now, We have plenty of cap space, and we have had two high priced tackles before; (Levi Jones & Willie Anderson).

I agree with futbudds, offer him a good deal, (right about week 12).
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of metrics are you looking for?

Excluding this week, he has allowed 1 sack, committed 1 penalty, and allowed 4 QB hurries.

According to PFF, Andrew Whitworth has been rated the 7th best tackle while Andre Smith is #17. That is actually VERY good to have both tackles ranked in the top 20.

Same thing with both guards ranked in the top 20 while Faine is rated the worse Center LOL.

Also, when I say top 20 it is counting Left/Right so basically out of 60 starting tackles or guards if that makes sense.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to resign him. Way too many other needs to worry about RT and Smith has done a great job.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
What kind of metrics are you looking for?

Excluding this week, he has allowed 1 sack, committed 1 penalty, and allowed 4 QB hurries.

According to PFF, Andrew Whitworth has been rated the 7th best tackle while Andre Smith is #17. That is actually VERY good to have both tackles ranked in the top 20.

Same thing with both guards ranked in the top 20 while Faine is rated the worse Center LOL.

Also, when I say top 20 it is counting Left/Right so basically out of 60 starting tackles or guards if that makes sense.

That is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you.

Lock him up for 5 more years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: