Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Whitner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayd1017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Whitner Reply with quote

What is your thoughts on twitner? I loved him when he first came to Buffalo but his terrible coverage and missed tackles cause he was always going for the Big hit got old in year three. I even had his jersey. I did find it quiet funny when he rejected a contract half way threw the season cause he wanted more money. Then tried coming back to Buff because of the lack of interest on the open market. Then the 49ers signed him and his contract was less then half what he was orginally offered. All in all he is a good guy but airs to much on twitter.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitner's been a stud SS for us. Nobody's perfect, but he has been a very good addition to our secondary.

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Whitner Reply with quote

jayd1017 wrote:
What is your thoughts on twitner? I loved him when he first came to Buffalo but his terrible coverage and missed tackles cause he was always going for the Big hit got old in year three. I even had his jersey. I did find it quiet funny when he rejected a contract half way threw the season cause he wanted more money. Then tried coming back to Buff because of the lack of interest on the open market. Then the 49ers signed him and his contract was less then half what he was orginally offered. All in all he is a good guy but airs to much on twitter.

I don't follow players on twitter, so I wouldn't know.

I think he's played it safer in coverage than he used to. Still he does miss a few guys out there. He doesn't have to do too much out there, with the rest of our DBs playing very well (no offense, but they're better than what the Bills had Wink ). I think he's been great for us. He had a great game against the Saints in the playoffs!!

P.S. Except on Jimmy Graham's 4th quarter TD...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
c0insnap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intelligent safety, makes the calls in the secondary. Keeps everything in front of him. Screen buster. Fast. Outstanding open-field tackler...

Absolutely NO ball skills, brick hands, short and gets owned in 1v1/Jump-Ball situations.

When it's all said and done he's the PERFECT compliment to Dashon Goldson. Those two play off of each other nicely.

Beast
jayd1017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I am glad he is working out. Good luck on Sunday even though I am not sure u need it
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely satisfied with him but he has missed two golden opportunities for a pick six. Oh well, he hasn't been beat deep and the TD he allowed to Rudolph was good coverage. Both our safeties are required to come up in the box and make the stop and they do just that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh hes a thumper for us. he doesnt have the range, but he plays in the box really well. kinda like our bob sanders

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayd1017 wrote:
Thanks guys. I am glad he is working out. Good luck on Sunday even though I am not sure u need it

Oh, no...not falling for this again. One loss to the Vikings was enough. We'll take the luck.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
c0insnap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
jayd1017 wrote:

Oh, no...not falling for this again. One loss to the Vikings was enough. We'll take the luck.

Laughing

I thought the same thing.

Beast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: